Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors 10,000-Point and 20,000-Point Reward Discount VIP Certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors 10,000-Point and 20,000-Point Reward Discount VIP Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:07 pm

Location: NC USA (AA 2 Million Miler, AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold)
found 2 x 10,000 certificates in my old paperwork today while cleaning out files, called cust service, they said send them in and they'd credit my account with 20,000 pts without even doing an award redemption. they knew all about it and were very cooperative. sweet, extra 20k!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
I just called to ask about an old one I found. CS was very friendly and said she had never even heard about them until recently. She check with supervisor and said, if you have a reward stay of +100,000 just make a copy and mail it and the old cert in and they will credit. She said the old ones never expire.

She also said they are going to start up some new ones, but they will have expiration dates. She said something about an upcoming promo, so we shall see.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer1965
found 2 x 10,000 certificates in my old paperwork today while cleaning out files, called cust service, they said send them in and they'd credit my account with 20,000 pts without even doing an award redemption. they knew all about it and were very cooperative. sweet, extra 20k!
This is correct. Good to know that they're making it easy to redeem these certificates, which are now over a decade old.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by smmrfld
This is correct. Good to know that they're making it easy to redeem these certificates, which are now over a decade old.
Awesome, I never sent in that 20K one from a year and half ago so I still have it; i have to call the gold line anyway so I will bring this up

that 20K is a nice little bonus
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum; AA 2+MM; National Exec Elite
I feel left out. I've been an HH Diamond member for about 7 straight years and HH member since 2000. To my knowledge have never received a discount reward certificate. Do they come in the mail? Admittedly, I'm not good at going through all my mail from HH, or other programs. Hope I didn't receive some and throw them out.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by pilotchrisg
I feel left out. I've been an HH Diamond member for about 7 straight years and HH member since 2000. To my knowledge have never received a discount reward certificate. Do they come in the mail? Admittedly, I'm not good at going through all my mail from HH, or other programs. Hope I didn't receive some and throw them out.
I believe they haven't been issued for at least ten years, so it's likely that you have never received any.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by smmrfld
I believe they haven't been issued for at least ten years, so it's likely that you have never received any.
mine has a form date of 1997 on it.. no expiration date though
Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Both of mine are from the late 90's too. I was Gold then.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by Flyer1965
So much useful info on this forum! I also found a 10,000 point cert recently, called in, was told to fax it in with a short note. I just got back an email stating it was over 10 years old and no longer valid, even though there's no expiration date.

Anyone think I should try calling again, maybe get a different agent? At worse I'll keep it and try again if I do a reward stay, but I'm afraid they might not take them at all by then.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by pfwin
So much useful info on this forum! I also found a 10,000 point cert recently, called in, was told to fax it in with a short note. I just got back an email stating it was over 10 years old and no longer valid, even though there's no expiration date.

Anyone think I should try calling again, maybe get a different agent? At worse I'll keep it and try again if I do a reward stay, but I'm afraid they might not take them at all by then.
I called the Diamond Desk and was told they would still be honored.

They suggested that I send them by registered mail when redeeming them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.