Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors 10,000-Point and 20,000-Point Reward Discount VIP Certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors 10,000-Point and 20,000-Point Reward Discount VIP Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2001, 12:21 am

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
I believe the Diamond award was for over 50,000 ... but the Gold and Silver is for over 100,000 points.
Old Jul 15, 2001, 7:56 am

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
Thanks for this thread. Went through my Hilton file and found several 10K and 20K certs from a few years back. I called the Hilton Service Center and found out I could send 20K in to apply to an already reserved SC6 (110,000point) reward for September. FT comes through again!!
Old Jul 16, 2001, 9:07 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 2MM; UA LT Gold MM; HH LT Diamond; Marriott Tit LT PLT
Yes, they are still accepted. In February, I used 60,000 points in certs towards 350,000 points in awards.
Old Jul 17, 2001, 3:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I'm glad this thread was posted, it made me go check my Hh file and sure enough I found a 20K cert that has no expiration date which is as good as a 20K bonus to me
Old Jul 17, 2001, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by outoftown:
Thanks for this thread. Went through my Hilton file and found several 10K and 20K certs from a few years back. I called the Hilton Service Center and found out I could send 20K in to apply to an already reserved SC6 (110,000point) reward for September. FT comes through again!!</font>
Thanks for giving me an opportunity to ask this question, outoftown.

Can you just redeem a GLON for 100,000 miles and use it for the four nights, forfeiting the other two nights on the certificate?

Charles

Old Jul 17, 2001, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
No reason you can't check out early, as long as you don't want any part of your award back. Then again, I am sure if you posted the city details, there'd be a few volunteers to take over the final two nights of your stay!
Old Jul 17, 2001, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic
I just redeemed one from 1997 two weeks ago as part of an ALON award, and the certificate has an old Gold VIP number on it that I have since merged with another number. I wish they still distributed these certs!
Old Jul 18, 2001, 8:47 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKESILV:
Sweet Willie
You got me worried since we still have about 12 of those 10k certs left (6 each for my wife and I)so I called HHonors and gave them my wife's old account number (as printed on the cert)and it came up as the number of our Mutual account. They confirmed that there still valid, the rule is if you are Silver you can use one against a 100K or higher reward if you are Gold you can use two.
Mike
</font>
That will teach me not to read the fine print when I become a higher status in a program !!!

Old Mar 11, 2002, 10:52 am

Programs: Craftsman Tool Club - Silver Socket
Old VIP Certs = HH Points

If this is common knowledge my apologies to all.
I recently booked a 100,000 pt reward and I asked the Honors rep if I could use one of the old VIP certificates that gave you a 10,000 point discount on a reward &gt;100,000 points. She said no they don’t do that anymore but if I would send her the certificate she would credit my account for the 10,000 points. I said I had several of these old certificates squirreled away and she said no problem, send them in. To make a long story short, I now have additional 30,000 points in my account from turning these old certificates in. If you have any of these stashed away give Honors a call and get them deposited. Sorry I tossed the mailing address but is was sent to Texas somewhere.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thank you for posting this. Although it has been discussed here before, the response was that these could still be applied to GLON and other awards over 100K. It appears this was not the case in your situation, but I just called the HHonor centre and asked about this. They told me I should continue to hold onto the certificates, I have one Gold [20K] and one Silver [10K], and can use them when I am read to order my award(s).

I was also checking about extended status, since I did not get an email informing me of the extension of my Gold status as had others here. The same agent informed me everyone's status was extended due to 9.11 events, not just those who received notification by personal email.

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 03-11-2002).]
Old Jul 10, 2002, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
10,000 Point Discount Certificates

A few years ago, Hilton sent me a discount certificate every year for a 10,000 point "discount" from an award stay of 100,000 (or more) points. I used some of these for six-night GLON stays over the years. I haven't received these for about 3 years now. Anyone know why Hilton cut these off?
Old Jul 10, 2002, 4:30 pm
Suspended

I think it was about 4 years ago, I still have 12 unused ones.
FYI they are still valid all you have to do is claim a 100k or higher award,then mail the certs to HHonors and they will credit the points back your account. Golds/Plats can use up to 20k per award.
Mike
Old Jul 10, 2002, 5:20 pm

Must have been before my time. Sounds like a good deal though. Wish I had some.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I still have two of these: one each of the 10K Silver and 20K Gold. There was a lengthy discussion about thse among us old guard last year, but I am unable to post the link. As for mine, once I have earned the balance of the latest 50K promo points, I plan to apply the Silver one to that Kenyan Safari award.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 6:43 pm

Programs: United, AA
I would love to have one. Does anybody have one spare or would like to get it exchanged? If so, please email or let me know.

Thank you very much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.