Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors 10,000-Point and 20,000-Point Reward Discount VIP Certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors 10,000-Point and 20,000-Point Reward Discount VIP Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2002, 7:16 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Damian:
I would love to have one. Does anybody have one spare or would like to get it exchanged? If so, please email or let me know.

Thank you very much!
</font>
Sorry dont think that would work. They come preprinted with your name and HHonors account # on them and says not transferable.

One thing I never noticed all these years is that they also say if you use them to get an award and you have to redeposit the award you will lose the points discounted by the certificate.

Glad somebody brought this up since I was thinking of requesting an award I am not positive I was going to use. Had thought until now, I could just redeposit it a get all my points back.

Mike
Old Jul 10, 2002, 7:31 pm

Programs: United, AA
I sent you an email, but just noticed that you have replied here on the board. Sorry for the inconvinience. Too bad they are not transferable. I would love to have one as I'm redeeming an award for a lot of points

Thanks anyway ..
Old Jul 10, 2002, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I have a few of those 20K ones that I'm hoarding since they don't have expiration dates, these are the best coupons. I was so bummed when they stopped giving them out. I can't believe that I used to give them away.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 9:13 pm

Programs: United, AA
So it seems like some of the coupons were transferable and some of them not. Anybody have one spare that would be transferable?

Please let me know

I appreciate that

Old Jul 11, 2002, 5:17 am

I had 2 x 20.000.
I used one and then sent the award back and lost the 20.000 so I am really careful now.
I am about to order an award and once I know I'll be on the plane -then I'll send it in. they credit it after thay take the full award out.
then I am out of them!
I have never seen one without a name and account number.
Old Aug 5, 2002, 2:29 pm

HH Reward Discount VIP Certs

I still have some old HH Reward Discount VIP Certs from couple years back.. they have no expire date. Can I still use them?
Old Aug 5, 2002, 2:32 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Yes, you can, I believe you can use up to two of them on an award costing 100,000 points or more. I believe they work like a rebate, after you redeem an award of 100,000 points or more you mail one or two of them to HHonors and they redeposit the points back into your account.

This is all based on second hand information gleaned from FT since I've never had or seen one of these certs myself.
Old Aug 5, 2002, 4:30 pm

A BIG thank you!
I forgot I had those certificates still on file. That just made my recent ALON stay 20000 points better!

FT forums are the best!!!

------------------
AA..just plain old Platinum
Delta: Lead Medallion
AOL IM# bobcharlap
email:[email protected]
Old Sep 25, 2002, 2:01 pm

old HHonors 10,000 VIP discount coupons

I finally came across the two old VIP certs, 10 years old or so, but with no expiration date on them, that VIPs could use to discount awards of 100,000 or more. I had heard that these could still be used. If anyone has recent knowledge on this topic I would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks!

Old Sep 25, 2002, 2:03 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Redeem an award for 100K or more and you can mail those in and they'll rebate your account for 10,000 points each. You can up to two of them on one award.
Old Sep 25, 2002, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Did as Beckles said just last week points are
redeposited in your account pretty quick.
Mike
Old Sep 25, 2002, 6:02 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I wish Hilton would bring these back.

I also used to have some of the gold 20,000 VIP certs.
Old Sep 25, 2002, 7:08 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
I wish Hilton would bring these back.

I also used to have some of the gold 20,000 VIP certs.
</font>
I still have about 10 of these left and they are like Gold!!!

Mike
Old Sep 26, 2002, 6:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
MIKESILV, I hear ya, I guard these better than I do my wallet

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKESILV:
I still have about 10 of these left and they are like Gold!!!

Mike
</font>
Old Mar 10, 2003, 5:14 pm

Location: Austin, TX - AA ExPlat (1.4MM); Hyatt Plat; Hilton Dia; SPG Plat; National ExecElite, Hertz 5*
Question about an old Reward Discount

I was just cleaning out some old files and came across one of the old HHonors 20,000-Point Reward Discount coupons (from approximately 1996, based on how deep it was buried).

Curiously, I read the Ts & Cs and it doesn't say anything about expiring, etc. Now I'm wondering if I should attempt to use it (and whether or not to force the issue with Hilton).

Here is the wording on the certificate: "This certificate entitles you to a 20,000-point discount on and HHonors reward of 100,000 points or more. It is valid for redemption during the period you remain an HHonors VIP. To receive your 20,000-point discount, simply attach this certificate to your HHonors reward request. For your convenience, reward request forms are included with your HHonors statement. Please see the reverse side for applicable Terms and Conditions."

Here's the reverse side:
1. Certificate is not transferable or exchangeable
2. Certificate may be applied to an HHonors reward of 100,000 points or more, only. All standard HHonors Reward Redemption Rules apply.
3. Certificate must be surrendered with reward request. Certificates presented after a reward is issued will not be accepted.
4. To receive the discount, member must be a current VIP member. Silver VIP members may redeem a maximum of one 10,000-point Certificate for any reward of 100,000 points or more only. Gold VIP members may redeem one 20,000-point Certificate or combine a maximum of two 10,000-point Certificates for a total of a 20,000-point discount against rewards of 100,000 points or more.
5. Certificate has no refund or cash value, and will not be replaced, reissued or credited if lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed.
6. Should an HHonors Reward Certificate(s) be redeposited for the amount of points which have been deducted from the member's account, the VIP Reward Discount Certificate will not be replaced, reissued or credited to the account.

I feel a few pangs of ethical remorse, but I'm curious to get some feedback from the FT community on whether to go for it or not. Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.