Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Washington Dulles Airport {US-VA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Washington Dulles Airport {US-VA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 5:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Had a short stay here last night. Was invited to use the Exec Lounge from 5p-7p and then have breakfast there this morning. Given a choice of a "business room" with a walk-in shower or a larger room. I opted for the larger room. EXCELLENT room. Large, very comfortable, huge TV on the wall. Wired internet worked very well (perhaps they've addressed the issues from the previous post). I didn't try wireless.

At 5:15 I walked to the lounge to find - another guest and a sign saying it is only open from Mon-Thur. The two of us hit the front desk to complain - they said it was something they had just been told and they thought it was for this weekend only. The other guest made a point of saying the sign showing the hours clearly states M-Th for evening service and he didn't believe it was a one-off.

I commented that I had just come from a Homewood Suites and I expect their evening receptions to be M-Th but this is a Hilton and I booked this location in part due to their lounge. They kept saying they were sorry. I said - "maybe you can do what the Universal Hilton does and offer me appetizers at the bar, something they do for Diamonds when the lounge is closed". Two phone calls later by the agent and I had two apps on the house. That's good - but clearly was only done because I complained.

Service at the hotel bar was a little slow but very courteous and the manager on duty seemed genuinely interested in ensuring my satisfaction.

Mixed review. Would I stay there again? If it was a weeknight (NOT a Friday) I would give them another try. Otherwise - eh.....
Old Jan 14, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
I actually like this hotel. The sign does say M-Th on the lounge but I can assure you they are usually open on the weekend too. My biggest problem is the lack of a free bar in this lounge though. But the service and especially the rooms here are reasons to keep using it in my book.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Plat
Just checked in at this property tonight for a 1 night stay.
Booked a King bed, and walked into a room with 2 doubles. ARRGGHH
called down to the desk and was told they were full.

Internet connection - is pathetic. I ran into the same issue that a poster above had said.. front desk lets phone go unanswered, no help whatsoever, and spent 45 minutes trying to get connected.

wasn't given code for free internet at check in

the room is beat to sh*t. Pictures are hanging cockeyed on the wall. The TV has red and green speckles across the picture and is annoying to watch.

staying on the 5th floor, and my keycard doesn't work to get into the lounge. so I have to schlep myself across the whole frigging joint to go get access to the lounge.

I stayed here once before and had a poor experience. Staying here tonight due to work location and after being here for 1 hour, I am contemplating checking out and sleeping in my rental car instead.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:30 am

So after sending the Manager a polite, lengthy note last night expressing my displeasure with the quality and services here, I awoke to an envelope stuffed under my door.

In that envelope was a new key card to get into the lounge. no note, nothing. just a card in the envelope stuffed under the door.

What a joke.
Old May 31, 2011, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
How is the noise from the airport? It's just for 1 night, but I'm arriving after midnight and don't relish the thought of waking up to the sound of jet engines at dawn. Paper thin walls not good either.

The Homewood Herndon is 1/2 the price on this date, but doesn't sound too good from the reviews.
Old May 31, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by Boraxo
How is the noise from the airport? It's just for 1 night, but I'm arriving after midnight and don't relish the thought of waking up to the sound of jet engines at dawn. Paper thin walls not good either.

The Homewood Herndon is 1/2 the price on this date, but doesn't sound too good from the reviews.
stayed there the 17th of May. had no issues and no early morning noise. room was fine. had lounge access for breakfast. overall, nice enough hotel. though the parking garage is under going renovations. the staff late at night were quite nice and the manager seemed competent. no complaints from me.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 9:01 am

Never heard airplane noise there.
Just my opinion based on stays there - stay at the Embassy Suites on Woodlawn Park Drive vice the Hilton.

Rooms are nicer, maintained better, better breakfast and staff is way nicer.

The shuttle ride from either location to the airport is virtually the same.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, United 1k, Hilton Gold, Budget Slowbreak. Hertz 5 Star
Still lots of problems areas with the Dulles Hilton.

Upgrades to "Jr. Suite" as a gold but it is only one room, with a small sofa and lounge chair. Older bathroom, unlike what previous posters describe. No slippers or bathroom.

Continued problems with wireless internet. Very slow speed and does kick you off as frequently as every 15 minutes.

Room key was problematic. Have to stick it in the lock three or four times to get it to work. Then at 8pm did not work at all. Next morning did not work in the Executive Lounge.

Lounge was good. Evening spread was a wrap and a pasta dish. Plus cheese, vegies and cookies. Breakfast was the usual eggs, potatoes, bacon/sausage, cereal, fruit, pastries.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage; HHonors; US Air Dividend Miles
Question Hilton Dulles

Staying at the Hilton Dulles (IAD) Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

Anything interesting I should know?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Imissbraniffandchaparral
Staying at the Hilton Dulles (IAD) Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

Anything interesting I should know?
I have not stayed there, but you should know that the Hilton Tysons Corner, not too far away has just complete a top to bottom multi million dollar renovation as it is near and dear to the Hilton execs who stay there as it is near their corporate HQ.

If you choose either one, please report on your stay.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:57 pm

got a crazy-good rate on a pre-pay so I am where I am ... but I'll keep Tyson's Corner in thought for next time.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Have stayed there several times, though not recently. The curved hallways are are kind of weird, but the rooms were fine. Keep in mind that although it is just off RT 28, it is quite isolated, so if you do not have a car, you will be stuck with the hotel and facilities. Nothing in walking distance as I recall.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:38 pm

I'll be in a conference at the Hyatt Dulles so I'll be taxiing my way around ... hotel only to rest my weary head.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: HH diamond
This hotel has nice park and fly rates.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:42 pm

There's a thread on the forum about this place.

I've been forced to stay here for work a couple of times and I'll sum it up for you.
The place sucks.
Some rooms have a nice bathroom, but the staff doesn't care, the rest of the room is worn out, and the service levels are abysmal.

Most recently:
I and a work partner checked in at the same time. I am Diamond, he is nothing.
I went first and got a room with twin beds even though I booked a King.
He checked in right after me and got upgraded to a suite.
Literally, 7 seconds after me.
I stopped by the desk an hour later on my own and aske what happened and got..
"Sir, upgrades are given based on availability at check in"

Internet works at times, and is amazingly slow
Save the headache and if you need to be in that area go down the street to the embassy suites where you can at least get a good breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.