Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Washington Dulles Airport {US-VA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Washington Dulles Airport {US-VA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2023, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I stayed here last week. It was honestly the best of my three Hilton airport hotel stays.

The place is incredibly dated, but I got my first EVER US Hilton suite upgrade, albeit to something called a "Junior Suite" which was actually a very large room. But still.

I'd be perfectly happy to stay again.
what are the non-upgrade related experiences that made you rate this property so highly?
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:48 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I wouldn't say that I rated it that highly. It was just marginally less bad than the other two Hiltons I stayed in. In particular, the bed was comfortable, it was quiet and the breakfast area was a bit nicer than the others.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I wouldn't say that I rated it that highly. It was just marginally less bad than the other two Hiltons I stayed in. In particular, the bed was comfortable, it was quiet and the breakfast area was a bit nicer than the others.
I would agree with this, for when I used to stay here all the time. Great gym, comfortable bed, quiet and large room. But the extreme deterioration of benefits (even prior to Covid) and addition of a parking charge (especially when they started closing the garage with that awful parking lot) are what drove me to take my very frequent business in the area elsewhere.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dmarge18
I would agree with this, for when I used to stay here all the time. Great gym, comfortable bed, quiet and large room. But the extreme deterioration of benefits (even prior to Covid) and addition of a parking charge (especially when they started closing the garage with that awful parking lot) are what drove me to take my very frequent business in the area elsewhere.
Fully agree. It was OK. But with all of the takeaways as well as charging for lot parking with no option for indoor made me move my business to other hotels.

David
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: Asiana Diamond Plus, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dmarge18

An interesting impression of the bed. I’ve stayed at this Hilton twice, and both times the beds were incredibly soft. It felt like I was sinking. As others have noted, it’s dated, especially the bathrooms.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 11:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Offthegrid
An interesting impression of the bed. I’ve stayed at this Hilton twice, and both times the beds were incredibly soft. It felt like I was sinking. As others have noted, it’s dated, especially the bathrooms.
Interesting. I definitely prefer a firmer bed, and don't remember having issues there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.