Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Washington Dulles Airport {US-VA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Washington Dulles Airport {US-VA}

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2005, 10:33 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Yeah... I recommend the Embassy Suites near the airport. Had a pleasant stay there a few months ago.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 11:27 pm

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
Construction update at Dulles Hlton?

Was last there in May and they are adding on a new wing or two. Anybody been there lately for an update?

By far, its my favorite DC Hilton. Awesome HHonor floors, all with HUGE King Jr suites and the best personal front desk service ever. Because of this, I don't mind the commute into downtown. Besides, close to Dulles and the new Air/Space Museum.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 4:01 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Double miles at Hilton IAD (Washington Dulles Airport)

Just got in e-mail, maybe someone can make use of it:
Earn Double Hilton HHonors® Base Points and Double Airline Miles
from Hilton Washington Dulles Airport

With double HHonors Base points, you can earn points toward the HHonors rewards you want twice as fast - from free nights to once-in-a-lifetime vacation experiences! Plus, earn double miles with American Airlines,
Delta Air Lines, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines*, United or US Airways. It's simple. Just book Plan Code H7 between November 1 and December 31, 2006.
Fine print:

Members must provide their account number to receive double credit (1.0 credit instead of the standard 0.5 credits) per qualifying stay. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.Airline miles accrued and awards issued are subject to the terms and conditions of each participating airline's reward program, as applicable. Offer valid November 1, 2006, through December 31, 2006. Reservation must include a Thursday night stay.You must book Plan Code H7 to receive this special offer. “Double Base Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base points earned during a stay. Bonus points earned on Base points do not count toward VIP tier qualification. Offer cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. ©2006 Hilton HHonors Worldwide, LLC.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Dozens Fall Ill At Hotel Near Dulles Airport

Dozens Fall Ill At Hotel Near Dulles Airport
About 100 People Reported Sick At Hilton Hotel

POSTED: 5:13 pm EST January 18, 2007
UPDATED: 7:49 pm EST January 18, 2007

DULLES, Va. -- Officials are working to determine the cause of a lot of people recently falling ill at the Hilton Washington Dulles near Dulles Airport.....

http://www.nbc4.com/news/10786506/detail.html
Old Jan 18, 2007, 8:46 pm

Programs: hhonors
This has been sweeping the country - I got it in Detroit last week, and people have been getting it in CA and AZ for the past couple of weeks - usually a 1-2 day thing... - it seems to be highly contagious, and it's like no other "flu" or digestive thing I've ever experienced...

I really doubt it's anything the hotel did... makes a great headline though...
Old Jan 18, 2007, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I made it out alive a couple of weeks back
Old Jan 18, 2007, 9:05 pm

I think it is that Norovirus that is sweeping the country. Heavy on East coast at the moment. The virus made headlines quite a few times on Carnival cruise ships.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K; HH Diamond;
I'm not staying there , but I did just see a segment on the local DC news on this. Guests have been sent to other properties, and it was said the Hilton Dulles will be throughly cleaned starting tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see how the Hilton PR department handles this disaster. So far, I think, so good -- from a non-guest's perspective. Don't know how they handled it on a local level, but what I've seen here on the DC news sounds like they are not down-playing the seriousness of the problem, and are taking strong (e.g., closing the hotel!) steps to rectify the issue.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I saw this on the news as well and it is too bad this happened. It is a lovely hotel with very nice staff.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yikes! This is not good. I am betting 8 to 5 its food poisoning.

MisterNice
Old Jan 19, 2007, 8:29 am

Norovirus Strikes 100 Guests, Employees at Dulles Hotel

By Allan Lengel
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, January 19, 2007; Page B01

About 100 guests and employees at a Hilton hotel near Dulles International Airport have been sickened by the highly contagious norovirus, forcing the hotel to stop taking reservations as it sanitizes the building, authorities said last night.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...21.html?sub=AR
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:29 am

Programs: United Premier, Frontier Ascent, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Was there....quite an experience

I was staying at the Hilton Dulles attending a company meeting when the virus hit on Tuesday night. It took most of our group of over a hundred down. Most were not able to relocate or travel in the midst of the illness.
And certainly at the time the speculation was food poisoning which turned out to be in error.
The upside is the Hilton stay was very helpful, calling everyone in our group to offer any possible assistance (extra nights, room service, etc).
We had stayed there before and have always had outstanding service and I think, under the circumstances, the stay handled it very well.
The best news - I got out Wednesday unscathed (at least so far)!
Off to wash my hands again,
DenverFlyer
Old Jan 19, 2007, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, EA
At least these poor people were on solid ground and not a Carnival cruise ship.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 1:32 pm

I've had the noro virus- got it a few years back while in FLL. It doesn't even compare to the flu- it is just awful! Never experienced anything like it. Hopefully, will never have to again.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 7:51 am

Norovirus

I stayed at the Hilton 1/15 - 1/17 and on the night of the 16th I became ill. I originally thought that it was food poisoning, but I was told, by Hilton employees that it was the Norovirus. I was relocated to the Crown Plaza on thursday (18th) night. Unfortunately I missed a full days worth of business meetings and had to stay in the Sterling area an extra day. Hilton staff were very apologetic, but that was the extent of their regret. There has not been any compensation in lieu of the wasted (ill) nights stay at the property. Anyone who has been stricken by the virus knows that the only place you get any rest is on the floor of the water closet.
On the upside, as a diamond member, they upgraded my room and they do have a decent concierge lounge. And, when they sent me to the Crown Plaza, I received an upgrade there as well due to my Platinum status with Priority Club (a dubious honor).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.