Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Washington Dulles Airport {US-VA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Washington Dulles Airport {US-VA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage; HHonors; US Air Dividend Miles
ugh

Oh no ... Well, I can't switch, I did a prepay for a $70/night junior suite.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Don't worry. The HL Dulles is fine. Not sure of your status, but with that rate - - you can't go wrong. Yes, suites are hit and miss (but again, you're locked-in at $70 AI for a junior suite - so, who cares right?). Recently, I've noticed a change for the better, especially in the main restaurants (eliminating the tacky dinner buffet, etc). Gym is nice (lots of space, free weights, barbells, treadmills), and a nice pool setup too (outside, then inside later in the day). Don't fret. Just shoot for floors 4 or 5 (hopefully you have status and get one of those), as they put large groups (tours, conferences) on the lower floors.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:18 am
Suspended

$79 AAA weekend rate at the Tysons Hilton and if you are Gold you get breakfast and potential upgrade to King Corner Deluxe rooms -- hotel is entirely newly renovated, the lobby and the rooms.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
$79 AAA weekend rate at the Tysons Hilton and if you are Gold you get breakfast and potential upgrade to King Corner Deluxe rooms -- hotel is entirely newly renovated, the lobby and the rooms.
You've convinced me! I've switched my two 1-night reservations in December from Dulles to Tysons. I didn't need to be adjacent to the airport, just in the general area.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jefftiger
You've convinced me! I've switched my two 1-night reservations in December from Dulles to Tysons. I didn't need to be adjacent to the airport, just in the general area.
The T/A reviews and photos look great!

Now, let's hope for some even better promos!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage; HHonors; US Air Dividend Miles
Smile Review - Hilton Dulles

Well, I've completed my stay at the Hilton Dulles and, as requested, I'd like to share a few thoughts from 35,000 feet.

Overall - good I'd stay there again
I had a junior suite (room 558) on a pre-pay for $90/night (I mistakenly said $70 earlier). It included the Executive Lounge and to food there was decent. The hot options in the evening were better than the eggs in the morning but the bacon and sausage were quite nice.

On to the suite itself. Odd layout due to the curve of the building made for a room that seemed to get bigger toward the middle ... odd but nice in an odd way. Different from the regular square or rectangular standard.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I got a few questions about this property. Is the Executive lounge open on weekends, even around Christmas? I'm tempted by the friends and family promo rate. If you reserve a room that has executive lounge access, is complementary internet access included? Has the hotel fixed the internet issues with regards to download speed issues?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 6:52 am

You might need to call them on their holiday schedule (and their exec floor policy concerning internet access as I see your Silver). But, in general, yes the EL is open on the weekends. Concerning the internet, I haven't had any issues with speed quality.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Arriving soon to Dulles and want to spend the first two days with shopping at Potomac malls and at Leesburg outlets.

Is Hilton Dulles airport is the best place to stay for that or there is something better in the region? All we need a good room and a proper hot breakfast. Not sure to try Hamptons or HGIs or stick to Hilton?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 4:07 pm

Can anyone help me with the above?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Wadge
Arriving soon to Dulles and want to spend the first two days with shopping at Potomac malls and at Leesburg outlets.

Is Hilton Dulles airport is the best place to stay for that or there is something better in the region? All we need a good room and a proper hot breakfast. Not sure to try Hamptons or HGIs or stick to Hilton?
The Doubletree Sterling Dulles would probably be better for you. It is much closer to the Leesburg outlets and less than a mile from the Dulles Town Center Mall.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:15 pm

Thank you. How is the breakfast there? Never been to a Doubletree before. Is this a proper selection of breakfast with some hot stuff? I dont like the bread and butter only type of breakfasts.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
Hi All: staying in this hotel for 1 night this Friday in an Executive King room. Room rate comes with access to lounge. Understand lounge will not be open while I'm there; does anyone know if I will be offered a breakfast coupon or something like that? I'm a Hilton Gold....
Old Apr 7, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Everytime I have stayed and the lounge has been closed I've been given vouchers for breakfast in the dining room - it is very good. I'm diamond but I would think as a gold you would receive similar service.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:58 am

In my opinion, having breakfast in the restaurant is the better option. The lounge is fine for evening snacks/drinks, but in the morning it gets way too crowded and the selection is limited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.