Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Anaheim {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2006, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
I stayed at the Hilton Anaheim the last week of June for 3 nights. The hotel rooms apparently haven't been renovated in years -- mostly 80's style furniture. The TV has only a 13 inch screen and a very minimal channel selection (only one premium channel - HBO). There are numerous problems taking a shower -- the hot water either runs out completely or you have to run the shower for 5 minutes before the hot water begins to run through the pipes. Although Disneyland is nearby, nothing else is and you need a car to eat away from the hotel. The hotel restaurants are vastly overpriced and the food quality is only fair to poor.

The ONLY Hilton I know of that is worse is the Hilton Atlanta -- another dog.

In contrast, I can say the Hilton Chicago (where I just completed a 3-night stay today) is far better and the rooms and furnishings are truly excellent. Large flat screen TVs and marble bathrooms are the norm there. Also great is the free food during the evening happy hour in the Executive Lounge on the 24th floor. Excellent Asian appetizers -- including pork shu mai and pot stickers. Not at all like the Hilton Anaheim.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:45 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

It has been quite a number of years since I last stayed at this property.

I do not remember it being as bad as described earlier in this thread, but it was not memorable either — other than the fact that I remember not being too thrilled overall with this property.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Canarsie
It has been quite a number of years since I last stayed at this property.

I do not remember it being as bad as described earlier in this thread, but it was not memorable either — other than the fact that I remember not being too thrilled overall with this property.
I remembered this property as being a drag as well when we stayed there this past October. I wrote a review about it here on FT, but the one thing I'll always remember was ants on my toothbrush. We were booked into an Executive Level floor and there was tons of ants that came out at night in the bathroom. Disgusting...

I never once had that feeling of welcome that you get at other hotels. This hotel is simply far too large for that to happen, which is sad, especially being so close to Disney. Next time I'm in the area, I'm going to the try the new Sheraton right next door. At least the decor is in keeping with the times.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Gold VIP
I checked out of the Hilton Costa Mesa and stayed at Anaheim this past December for my company Christmas party that was at Downtown Disney.

I got the Exec level, but the rooms were old and musty and felt like I was stepping back into the 70s. The Costa Mesa property is much nicer and cheaper!
Old Jul 15, 2006, 5:01 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by slippahs
I never once had that feeling of welcome that you get at other hotels. This hotel is simply far too large for that to happen. ...
Totally wrong about large hotels. Being a large hotel is NOT an excuse. The Hilton Chicago is MUCH larger, yet you feel much more welcomed by the staff, right down to the housekeeping staff, who all smile and greet you in the halls as you pass -- "Thanks for staying with us and have a safe trip home," as one of the housekeepers said as I left my room at the Hilton Chicago. And she could speak fluent English, too.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 6:00 pm

Hilton Anaheim - Gym and laundry

Was there for a conference about a week. They charge $12 for guests to use their gym (which is showing its age). Better choice would be to go across the street to the Marriott and ask to use their self-service laundry which is right next to their (free) state of the art gym. They'll issue you a card to swipe at the elevator and at the door.

Too bad I found out about this on the last day. I could have done my laundry and worked out at the same time
Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta DM/3MM / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dmlee18
Was there for a conference about a week. They charge $12 for guests to use their gym (which is showing its age). Better choice would be to go across the street to the Marriott and ask to use their self-service laundry which is right next to their (free) state of the art gym. They'll issue you a card to swipe at the elevator and at the door.

Too bad I found out about this on the last day. I could have done my laundry and worked out at the same time
There is an LA Fitness just down the road from this property - great gym for $ 10/day - not trying to add insult to injury, just in case you need to stay there again.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
As an HH Gold, I just show my card and my admission to the gym has been free. Been that way for years, was like that in October this year.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:36 pm

Programs: WN CP, A list+; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
As an HH Gold, I just show my card and my admission to the gym has been free. Been that way for years, was like that in October this year.
The gym is free for Gold and above but the other spa facilities are not.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 9:57 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, AS Lifetime Gold (75K for this year), Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, OW Emerald
Hilton Anaheim

I just got back from the Infocomm show in Anaheim and got my online survey. I had 2 major issues during my stay.

First, I had booked a King bed about 9 months ago, but when I arrived, they told me I had booked a Double room, after I pulled out my reservation that showed King Bed, they just told me that there were no King Beds available.

Then, the 2nd night I was there, I noticed some very small ants coming in through the window (14th floor no less). They had to come and do some extermination work while I was out, but it was creepy nonetheless.

Well, after I filled out my survey expressing my displeasure, I got a nice letter from the manager Ivan Ellena refunding me 1 nights stay ($229.71 and giving me 30K in HHonors Points).

I can say that I was extremely happy with this response, in fact, it was above and beyond what I had anticipated.

The only way to tell how much a company cares about customer service is how they react when things go wrong.

waywired
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:08 am

Warning for those staying in Anaheim

i'm at the sheraton park right now, looking over the balcony in my room I can see people picketing the Hilton near the convention centre/disney. Not sure which staff have decided to picket, but expect possible sub-par service.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 12:10 am

Programs: AA P, QFPM, EYG, HH D, PC PA
Anybody at the Hilton - know what's going on?
Old Aug 30, 2007, 1:32 pm
Original Member

just come back.

Appears to be to do with the Marriott and not the Hilton.

No issue with service - however they had to shut the water off in a number of rooms because of 'urgent repairs'

Trip report will come soon, once over the jet lag
Old Aug 31, 2007, 12:59 pm
Original Member

Extract from my trip report. Please see here for the full trip report
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731388

The drive to the Anaheim Hilton was as slow and painful as expected. The rate for this hotel had initially been very high, at around 200usd per night. I had been monitoring it for a number of months when finally it dropped to 79usd per night. We were upgraded to exec floor, and I was able to secure a Disney view as well. Lounge access was provided, which had a decent selection for breakfast and evening nibbles. Some refurb was going on in the hotel, mainly on the 5 floor. However one day they painted most of the doors in our corridor. A poster was in the lobby describing the new rooms they were installing. On our last day we found a letter under our door explaining that they would have to make urgent repairs to the hotel water and would be turning it off from 10am to 4pm. However, I’m not sure that they actually did. There was also some protesting outside the hotel to do with a labour problem at the Marriott, but this did not affect us at all. After 3 long days at the parks, including a very early start to avoid the 2hr + line for Nemo, we were completely bushed and ready for home.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 9:21 pm

Programs: HH diamond, Hyatt diamond, *wood plat, Delta Diamond 4th yr, SWA A List
Anaheim Hilton Valet parking incident

Stayed at the Anaheim Hilton for three nights. The Exec Floor is undergoing some remodeling (some paint fumes in hallway, light construction noise, workers in hallway), otherwise, the stay was very pleasant, except for the incident with the valet parking.

Woke up at 3am and was at the valet stand at 330am so I could obtain my rental car and head to LAX (about 45 minutes away). I was the only customer at the valet counter. I provided my ticket and the valet indicated the car would be right up. At 345am, I asked if the car was on the way up since it seemed to be an unusual delay (there was no other traffic at that time). The valet indicated it would be up shortly. At 356am, I went back to the valet window and asked what’s going on, where is my car. I was then advised that the evening manager had changed the lock on the lock box and the night crew was unable to find the new key. I asked what actions they were taking to find the key or the key holder. They advised security didn’t have a key and they didn’t have a bolt cutter.

I walked over to the front desk and asked to speak with the manager. The manager stayed in the back room and I spoke with the front desk clerk who went back and forth into the office. At 415am, I was advised that they were going to provide a voucher to a taxi driver, that the Hotel would return my car to Hertz and that they would fill up the gas tank. I received a very brief slip of paper that documented the above statements and departed for the airport with an unhappy taxi driver (apparently the contracted airport rate is lower than the flag drop rate and he wasn’t too happy about the drive.)

I called the Diamond desk to advise the Guest Service Dept about the valet incident, they opened a case file and indicated that they would monitor the situation. The DD apologized for the situation, I wasnt all that upset since I made the 6am flight (one of the best UA flights I have ever had, the FC service was exceptional).

After I arrived back home about 6hrs later, I received a call from Hertz asking me to verify that I was medically evacuated from the hotel so that Hertz could retrieve the rental car and waive the $79 pick up fee. I stated that I was not medically evacuated and that the Hilton hotel should pick up the rental car at their cost and that they should be charged for any gas, as they had agreed to do. The Hertz rep advised he was going to call the Anaheim Hilton and confront them about the lie. (Apparently an APS subcontractor which runs the valet service had called Hertz and provided them with the above fabrication about my "medical evac".)

About ten minutes later, I received a call from the ASP Valet Manager and was notified that the car was enroute to the airport. The Diamond desk also called me to advise the car was headed back to the rental facility.

Luckily, I didn’t leave any personal belongings in the car. I haven’t yet received written confirmation from Hertz that the car was delivered in good condition and with a full tank. (The car was probably delivered late, it will be interesting to see how this continues to play out…)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.