Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Anaheim {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Here's a card listing the benefits for Diamonds that I received during my stay starting 10/26. This was my second stay there and enjoyed it. Only thing I wish is that they just gave the full breakfast instead of continental. The $10 pp upcharge just seemed tacky.

Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:50 pm

The doubletree is better around the corner. There are definitely some issues between management and staff at Hilton Anaheim.. Staff seem stressed and not very friendly either .....and dont tell me its because its busy. Hilton LAX is busy but more friendly people on the front desk you couldnt meet.

This should be a flagship Hilton. It certainly isn't.

Shannon at guest services is very capable though.

Hilton demean Elite status by this petty and begrudging 'continental' breakfast policy and need to change it fast. It's not fair on staff to be hounded by elite members either who rightfully expect a little more than a toasted bagel. I made sure I had hot breakfast like I would in a Hilton here in Europe. I'll be on 32 stays by December and a couple of eggs and a rasher are the least I expect for my loyalty.
​​​
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:07 pm

Completed a two night stay here.

We were upgraded to the same type of room but with a view of the Disneyland. The view of the firework every night was great. The room was clean and service adequate. As a Diamond member, we were given vouchers for the continental breakfast.

I could not connect to the Hilton premium wifi though. But I did not have much time to use wifi in the first place.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:45 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 7/3 to 7/5

Location: Pretty much unbeatable if you're doing Disney like I was. It's in a cul de sac with the Anaheim Convention Center and a Marriott and it's about a one mile walk to the park. You can walk to a number of restaurants, a CVS and a Walgreens and a bunch of other hotels and stores very easily from here. There's also a bus that takes you to the park that picks up from right outside the hotel.

Hotel: I'll give them this, they did a great job on their lobby. It was open and inviting and impressive with a lovely bar right in the middle and a well stocked gift shop. Other than that though the hotel is really old and rundown. There's a decent outdoor pool surrounded by a moat of concrete on the 5th floor which does have a decent bar. Otherwise everything else feels 40 years old. Do note there are also really long walks to your room.

Check In: A friendly agent checked me in and tried to see if he could upgrade me, he said the best he could do was a room with a balcony. Turns out this was not a good thing.

Room: Awful. Everything about it screams old and it's also dangerous. Beyond the fact that there were no outlets near the bed, a tiny TV, a tiny bathroom with a tub that didn't drain properly and broken furniture, there was also a serious mold problem. Both my fiancé and I woke up with searing chest pain and labored breathing which thankfully went away when we left the room. Next, the soundproofing is next to nothing. You can hear every word said in the hallway and when our neighbors decided they wanted to sit on their balcony partying each night from 1 AM to 5 AM, we heard every single word they said. You could even hear every single word from the bathroom on the opposite side of the room from the balcony. Oh and the front desk's response when we told them about the noise? And I quote: "okay"

Dining: Breakfast for three with three entrees, one side, one coffee and three juices came to $92 with tip. The new $24 a day dining credit does very little to offset that. The food was at least good and the service good too.

This was without hyperbole the worst Hilton room I've stayed at in the last six years, maybe longer. I would not come back to this hotel and I advise others to stay elsewhere, I wish I did.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
I stayed here 2 years ago and also at the Doubletree nearby, I would choose the Doubletree over the Hilton anytime.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I stayed here recently, and boy does this need a renovation. The stay started out with the check in agent refusing to grant me an upgrade to a Disney view room, claiming they can only upgrade me "two categories" above what I booked. Well as you can see in my walkthrough, I'm not really sure what the upgrade was. In addition, the hotel is dark and uninviting, in my opinion. It's got a decent location for the parks, though, so if the price is right, go for it. But I'll stay elsewhere next time.

Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Where were all the people?? That was too funny. Could you get out to that "patio" area outside your room? I'd hate to have people walking by all the time.

We're taking/paying for the whole family (7 people) to Disneyland soon and we opted for one of the Embassy Suites - free breakfast for all (instead of just 2 credits) and a 2 room suite for everyone. Hope we made the right choice.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 12:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
There's something weird going on with this property. On the night of May 17 and May 18 they have 30 day cancellation policy. On the night of May 16 and May 19 it reverts back to the flexible cancellation policy. Unfortunately I booked a stay overlapping these days and totally did not notice. This also applies to AAA and Corporate rate. Will see if I can try to get out of it...

Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by gudugan
There's something weird going on with this property. On the night of May 17 and May 18 they have 30 day cancellation policy. On the night of May 16 and May 19 it reverts back to the flexible cancellation policy. Unfortunately I booked a stay overlapping these days and totally did not notice. This also applies to AAA and Corporate rate. Will see if I can try to get out of it...

Not unusual at all during large conventions.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Agree with smmrfld - most likely a sell out by the convention(s) occurring at the same time you're there.

David
Old Apr 27, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Following up on this, I called Hilton customer support line and the hotel manager agreed to cancel the reservation. It was >3 weeks out. Will keep a better eye on it next time.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Following up on this, I called Hilton customer support line and the hotel manager agreed to cancel the reservation. It was >3 weeks out. Will keep a better eye on it next time.
This recently happened to me, too, at a different Hilton hotel. It was a points stay so never in a million years did I think there'd be a 30 day cancel. There was a huge music festival that weekend so they were more than happy to cancel my res and sell it to someone else. Good reminder to always check that cancellation policy.
gudugan likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:48 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
This recently happened to me, too, at a different Hilton hotel. It was a points stay so never in a million years did I think there'd be a 30 day cancel. There was a huge music festival that weekend so they were more than happy to cancel my res and sell it to someone else. Good reminder to always check that cancellation policy.
Booked this a few days ago, and after reading this thread went back to look at mine...60 day (!) cancellation policy! Gonna try and wriggle out of this one, wish I had read a little more closely first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.