Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Anaheim {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by The Winger
They are still offering the coupon for the starbucks for a coffee and pastry, or the buffett breakfast for the discounted rate of $15.
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
They sure push the upgrade for $8 for the full buffeet.
is the breakfast upgrade $15 or $8?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Pools?

Can anyone comment on the pools? From reading the hotel's web pages, it seems there is a smaller indoor adults-only pool in the spa, and a larger outdoor pool. Does anyone know if either or both are decent for lap swimming?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by anabolism
Can anyone comment on the pools? From reading the hotel's web pages, it seems there is a smaller indoor adults-only pool in the spa, and a larger outdoor pool. Does anyone know if either or both are decent for lap swimming?
We used the bigger outside pool last month. Its OK but not an olympic pool. Check google Earth or Map and you can see the pool.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Don't send packages here

In a new development, this hotel now sends all incoming packages, including luggage, to an in-house UPS store. They tried to charge $40 for receiving a piece of luggage that arrived the same day I did and $10 for a small package that probably cost less than $10 to shop across the entire country. The front desk staff were sympathetic, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They also pocketed a relatively expensive phone charger that I accidentally left in the room.
I know I left it there as I charged my power hungry phone overnight in the bedstand lamp plugin and then tried to find it in my bag the following afternoon after I left the hotel. I called lost and found, they told me that the room had not been cleaned yet and promised to check and call back. Three days later I called them again just to hear that there was nothing in my room.

I was going to book a stay there next week and pick it up then... oh well...
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Is it safe to assume that there is still no Executive Lounge at this property?

Also, how is the gym?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Any recent experiences at this hotel? It seems that online, the hotel is giving rooms with the lanai access as upgrades? Has anyone stayed in these recently? Are the rooms on the upper floors better?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Air MVP Gold, United, Hilton Diamond, SPG
My wife and I stayed at this hotel back in March and were upgraded to what I would consider one of the best Disneyview rooms....#10429. It was a corner room on the end of one of the two segments of the building that extend out towards California Adventure and Disneyland. Nice sized room, king bed, with an amazing view but a long walk from the elevators. One night we stayed in the hotel and watched the fireworks from our room with the audio synched up to a recent YouTube posting....very memorable experience. Depending on how important a view is for you the higher rooms are obviously going to have a much better view over California Adventure and into Disneyland but you sacrifice the ability to go outside (no balcony or anything). The property no longer has an executive lounge but as a diamond were given coupons to use at the Starbucks downstairs (can be extremely busy if you don't time it right).
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Any recent experiences at this hotel? It seems that online, the hotel is giving rooms with the lanai access as upgrades? Has anyone stayed in these recently? Are the rooms on the upper floors better?
I would not pay extra for the lanai access. The are located on a lower floor and have limited views. Would prefer a higher floor without lanai.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:59 pm

Programs: HH DIA, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by UberLefty
My wife and I stayed at this hotel back in March and were upgraded to what I would consider one of the best Disneyview rooms....#10429.
I've stayed in same room on 14th floor and agree there is not a better view of the disneyland resort. the room is due south of the parks with a clear view of the new cars land being built + the castle in disneyland. the sitting area in the suite and the bed are a great place to watch the fireworks (I never thought of syncing to the soundtrack on youtube...great idea uberlefty)

it is a pretty long walk to the elevators but i viewed that as a plus since after a long day at the parks i didn't hear everybody head back to their room.

i wish i could have charged my park tickets to my room
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:29 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by UberLefty
My wife and I stayed at this hotel back in March and were upgraded to what I would consider one of the best Disneyview rooms....#10429. It was a corner room on the end of one of the two segments of the building that extend out towards California Adventure and Disneyland. Nice sized room, king bed, with an amazing view but a long walk from the elevators. One night we stayed in the hotel and watched the fireworks from our room with the audio synched up to a recent YouTube posting....very memorable experience. Depending on how important a view is for you the higher rooms are obviously going to have a much better view over California Adventure and into Disneyland but you sacrifice the ability to go outside (no balcony or anything). The property no longer has an executive lounge but as a diamond were given coupons to use at the Starbucks downstairs (can be extremely busy if you don't time it right).
Originally Posted by fromYXU
I would not pay extra for the lanai access. The are located on a lower floor and have limited views. Would prefer a higher floor without lanai.
Thanks for the input... I appreciate it.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:39 pm
jdn

Programs: WN A-List, HHonors Gold (Ex AA PLT and HH Diamond)
Add me as a ^ for the X429 rooms. Definitely my favorites.

The Lanai rooms can be fun if you are part of a group and want to be able to congregate on the "deck" and in your room. Have enjoyed this while at some conferences at the hotel. Also, if there is a smoker, this gives handy access to "outside".

What I hate about the Lanai decks is that you are on the ground floor (well, 5th floor, but what I mean is there is an outside public area all around your room) with a sliding glass door between you and whatever is out there. It doesn't seem to offer much privacy, or if you ever wanted to sleep with your door cracked open for air ..... not recommended. Also, it is definitely an "inside / atrium" like view, as the surroundings are a few more floors high of more rooms.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
How Early?

I'm driving through and plan to hang out with family at Disney, crash for the night, and then head out of town the next morning. Does anyone think I'll have any problems showing up at 6am the day of my arrival and taking the ART Shuttle over to Disney for the day? I suppose if a room isn't empty they can always store my bags until I return at the end of the day.

Any recent stays here? Are they still only giving out a Starbucks discount or is there a more substantial breakfast offer for HHonors Diamonds?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Weatherboy:16677125
I'm driving through and plan to hang out with family at Disney, crash for the night, and then head out of town the next morning. Does anyone think I'll have any problems showing up at 6am the day of my arrival and taking the ART Shuttle over to Disney for the day? I suppose if a room isn't empty they can always store my bags until I return at the end of the day.

Any recent stays here? Are they still only giving out a Starbucks discount or is there a more substantial breakfast offer for HHonors Diamonds?
That should not be a problem. I was able to check in at this property around 8am before and a room was ready. My last stay here was back in April and Starbucks vouchers were being given out to Gold and Diamonds. You might also consider the Hilton Suites about two miles away in Orange on State College Blvd. The rooms are all spacious(although aging) but Diamonds and Golds are given full breakfast daily and drink vouchers for the lobby bar. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: WN A-List+ w/CP, Delta, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
We stayed here in December and I was just Gold at the time. We were given vouchers for a continental breakfast at their restaurant that we could upgrade to the hot buffet for $8. We ended up paying the $8 every morning we ate there and felt like that was well worth it! It was a great breakfast buffet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.