Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Anaheim {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2003, 12:48 pm

Which Hilton - THe anaheim Hilton?
Old May 12, 2003, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
sorry, yes Anaheim.
Old May 12, 2003, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nmtravel:
45K for a 3-day Disney Park Hopper a good deal? Or do you know of any of hot deals?</font>
Using points to redeem that award doesn't seem like a good value for points but if you have tons of points, go for it.
Old May 12, 2003, 4:29 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These tickets normally cost $119 for adults but for ages now you've been able to get a 5-day pass for the same price from either disneyland.com or AAA. The kids passes are even less than that.
Old May 14, 2003, 3:17 am

Every time I go to Disney, I stay at the ES just down the street. It's a new property and very nice. I was there just last week and still got the big room in the center of the hotel and had a great amount of room and fun. Free shuttle to Disney every 30 minutes.

This is where I would stay for sure. Have you tried to book the award with this hotel?
Old May 14, 2003, 2:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
to NCRBILL

I agree with the opinion on the Anaheim Hilton, but take exception to the ES down Harbour Blvd.

Stayed there (The ES) this summer, while new, it is QUITE popular with families, making the experience very Holidome-ish. Lots of unsupervised kids EVERYWHERE. Breakfast and nightly reception are PACKED.

Don't even try to use the pool. For the size of the hotel, it is an extreme pity that they stuck it with such a small pool.

If you are on a family vacation, it is ok, just be warned that the same reason you are staying there is the same reason that other LARGE familes are too.

If you are on business, use the Hilton Garden Inn 150 feet away!.

HTH
Old May 14, 2003, 2:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Oops! Forgot to answer the real question! Park passes can be cheaper if you buy directly from the web www.disneyland.com and usually will also give a discount for AAA and AARP members.

When you do the conversion of what the passes cost to what the point value is, it is cheaper to buy them!

PS: Make sure you do the "Soaring over California" http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/...AttractionPage

It is really NEAT!!
Old May 14, 2003, 8:24 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
To add to what has already been said, the other advantage of buying the park hopper passes with cash is that Disney often runs specials of 4 or 5 days for the price of three. I bought mine when I checked in at the Garden Grove ES and charged them to my room--and got HHonors points in the process.
Old May 16, 2003, 12:39 am

I stayed at the Anaheim Hilton mid April and as a gold member was upgraded to the executive floor. Chocolate covered strawberries were a hit with my wife, and morning free breakfasts in the lounge were good. Nice view of the Disney fireworks from the lounge as well. Swimming pool was very warm and quite crowded for the spring break period. This is the 2nd time I have stayed there and have been satisfied both times. Rate was $79 / night which was quite reasonable as well.

With regard to buying a passport, I highly recommend going to AAA to purchase a "passport plus". For $122 + handling, you get a 5 day park hopper ticket, free parking every day at the park, one free ticket for breakfast in the park $8.75 value, ESPN zone $10 voucher, and best part is the "collect fastpass" part of your passport. this allows you to collect as many fastpasses as you want at one time, with the limitation that for a given attraction you are only allowed 1 fastpass per passport. You can send someone out to collect the fastpasses at all the attractions you are interested in 1st thing in the morning and then plan accordingly.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 12:39 pm

Question Parking and drinks?

I am a Diamond member. Do they waive the parking fees, and are any drink coupons provided for the executive lounge?
Old Apr 11, 2004, 2:33 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
As new Diamond, just finished a stay there. Don't know about the parking, but no drink coupons ($6/drink). Did NOT get an exec floor room, but did get lounge access, which was otherwise nice. When you check in, make sure you use the "executive desk" opposite to the regular check-in area. I changed rooms twice right after check-in, because of problems with no-one being at that desk - when she did appear, she was very helpful and sympathetic, but I still did not get exec floor room - lounge did not seem to be over-occupied at any time.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 5:34 pm

Thanks, Zip!

How was the breakfast in the lounge? And did you ask for/get denied an upgrade, or did you just take what they gave you?
Old Apr 12, 2004, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I stay there every Jan for a week long trade show at the convention center. I'm gold, and they always 'upgrade' me to the Lanai deck, and give me club level access.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Lowly Silver, so I pay to be on the Executive Level or Lanai deck. Must say that last July (for an animation convention), my stay on the EL was one of the best I have experienced at a Hilton. And when they charged me a rate $70 a night under what I was quoted when I reserved, well that just made it even better. I do like the hotel. Good food. 15-minute room service (even at 100% capacity). And nice rooms.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by skydve1
I stay there every Jan for a week long trade show at the convention center. I'm gold, and they always 'upgrade' me to the Lanai deck, and give me club level access.

The lanai deck I take it is on the fifth floor, where the pool is? The lounge for breakfast, snacks, etc is located where? I take it there is also another executive type floor and what floor is that? Almost sounds like one for Gold and another for Diamonds floors. I am Gold. Could someone clarify for me?

With the multiple restaurants located on site can I charge to my room and even more important can I collect Hilton points for these miscellaneous charges? What is the policy for receiving Hilton points at the restaurants and other services located on the premise?

I see mention of the shuttle, that it is a short walk to Disney and the mousesaver.com site has this gem where it suggests you go out the back of the hotel and head for the Disney parking lot and grab a tram to the Disney entrance. All these neat little ways to get to the park. So how far is the walk to the entrance of Disneyland from the Hilton?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.