Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Anaheim {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2004, 2:16 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Anaheim

Macken7, lounge is on the executive floor. Golds get access via their keys. Continental breakfast, evening snacks, cookies other times, water, coffee, tea and sodas all day. As noted above, great view of the fireworks. Restaurant charges etc do earn points.

Hilton unfortunately no longer runs their own free, comfy shuttles. You need to buy a ticket (machine in lobby) for the (uncomfy) Anaheim ART shuttles which pick up in front of the Hilton and also the Marriott across the street. I've stayed there many times and I'm not familiar with any shuttle out the back door; it is, however, only about a 10-12 minute walk to the parks.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Macken7
The lanai deck I take it is on the fifth floor, where the pool is? The lounge for breakfast, snacks, etc is located where? I take it there is also another executive type floor and what floor is that? Almost sounds like one for Gold and another for Diamonds floors. I am Gold. Could someone clarify for me?
The lanai deck is the 5th floor, with pool & hot tub. The exec lounge with the snacks,etc is (I'm pretty sure!) on the 11th floor.

There are several restaraunts, clubs, bars,etc in the hilton, and you can charge everything to your room.

The walk to disney is about 10mins or so. A few of us walked to the Hard Rock one eve, since the traffic was just crazy.

Have fun!
Old Apr 12, 2004, 7:25 pm

Has anyone had success either calling/emailing in advance to increase the chances of either Lanai or Executive Floor room? Email addresses or telephone numbers may be private messaged to me if preferred. thanks in advance.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 9:02 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anaheim Upgrades

Lanai level is automatic for golds; you don't have to ask. Hotel is huge and there is room for all. Despite asking I have never gotten on to the executive floor (14?) which they say is diamonds only.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 11:25 pm

The breakfast was fruit, juice , coffee, bread, bagels and rolls.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by littleleaguemom
Lanai level is automatic for golds; you don't have to ask. Hotel is huge and there is room for all. Despite asking I have never gotten on to the executive floor (14?) which they say is diamonds only.
You're right with exec being 14th floor.

The Lanai deck is nice, but it gets quite noisey at night when people are hanging outside on the deck and drinking,etc.

I was able to book 6 rooms for my next years tradshow (Jan 05) on the excec floor for $130/night - which is a killer deal. Pays to book waaaay in advance - those rooms are now listing at $300+/night!

Last edited by skydve1; Apr 13, 2004 at 7:14 am Reason: spelling..argh!
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:46 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've noticed the exec floor is usually $40-$60 more and I only stay there myself for Disney if the lowest rate is $80 or below. Low rates are usually a "clue" there is not a convention going on. This is not infallible, however, and I was once on a very full fifth floor with part of a large group of college kids who filled the hotel, smoking in non-smoking rooms and making the above-mentioned noise outside at the pool. Normally I wouldn't call security but had to to get some sleep. Is the executive floor any different besides the quiet and the bathrobes?
Old Apr 13, 2004, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Only been on the EL during Anime Expo, so it's loaded with people.

That being said, it's still pretty quiet though the lounge can be a zoo at times. It is a nice lounge, though, with a decent selection of goodies. I usually just did room service (since it was so fast).

Had a nice welcome letter. They did turndown service every evening. Extra complimentary goodies were left in the room for me. All in all, it was a wonderful stay and both the hotel and corporate received a strong letter of compliments from me, as well as a solid survey score.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 10:22 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by randomman
Thanks, Zip!

How was the breakfast in the lounge? And did you ask for/get denied an upgrade, or did you just take what they gave you?
Breakfest was basic, but quite good (muffins, rolls, bagels, fruit, juice, auto-make coffee machines to your specs).
As Diamond, I only got the famed 5th Floor Lanai room. Told Exec Level was full. First room was poolside, but there was a convention of pre-teen cheerleaders, so that was incredably noisy! Asked to change rooms, and I guess because I "complained" (I simply requested another room), the front desk put me into a tiny interior 5th floor room (though still with Lounge access). Little later, saw someone was at the executive desk on the ground floor; talking with the agent, she was very apologetic, got me a 5th floor room with outdoor private deck (well away from the pool), and it was nice and quiet. She did repeat that exec floor was totally full, though I could transfer my last night (of 5 nights) - I choose not to bother.
The lounge has snacks throughout the day, cookies and chocolate-covered strawberries when I was there, plus ample soda and water. Looking at the people there, I think many were supervisors for the cheerleading group, who were given comp rooms to the exec floor (as I said, there were MANY of the recent-rugrat category -- many surrounding hotels were also full of them).
Old Nov 1, 2004, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold
How is the Anaheim Hilton in January

I will be staying in January??? I will be goig for a conference and was wondering how the place is.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 12:47 am

Red face

across the street from convention center: Marriott also directly across street
with starbucks if you have a jones to manage

basic rooms a little small as older hotel but clean

easy access to exec. lounge very helpful

good food options

concierge services and extra services ie packages etc very good

large hotel
Old Nov 2, 2004, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Being right next to the convention center means parking is a bit tricky to figure out. Post-holiday January should be ok. Disney crowd scales way back after Jan 3, though always rug rats around. Older hotel, true, but well maintained given its location. Lots to walk to or ride shuttles. Actually best in the area for that time of year.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 10:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I believe self parking is about $12/day. Their garage is large and it can get confusing remembering where you parked. The garage is chopped up into sections with intereior walls all over the place.

Overall, it's a decent property.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 1:29 pm

The doubletree is a much better option. I got upgraded to a suite once that pretty much occupied the entire top floor of the hotel
Old Nov 3, 2004, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by bdeanwi
I will be staying in January??? I will be goig for a conference and was wondering how the place is.
The NAMM convention will be in town 1/20-1/23... the place will be overrun by music industry folks from about 1/13 - 1/25. It's a madhouse, during that timeframe, needless to say.

Nice hotel overall. Super convenient access to the convention center. Gold's get Lanai deck, which is nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.