Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2023, 2:51 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
If I was choosing I would go for the Conrad, even though the Waldorf used to be my favourite uk Hilton it’s now poor due to huge cutbacks, and now they have removed the spa it’s simply not worth the high prices they are charging, unless location is king I now think the Conrad is better
Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
If I was choosing I would go for the Conrad, even though the Waldorf used to be my favourite uk Hilton it’s now poor due to huge cutbacks, and now they have removed the spa it’s simply not worth the high prices they are charging, unless location is king I now think the Conrad is better
I agree with this too. The Conrad is a much better hotel.
est-gratuite and WVmike like this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by toothy
I agree with this too. The Conrad is a much better hotel.
A few months back I would have disagreed with my above statement but whilst I turned a blind eye to a few cutbacks after covid it’s now ridiculous and blatant there are doubletrees much much cheaper with the same level of service and amenities.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat
Conrad over Waldorf for a comfortable stay. Otherwise, I have found myself staying at Hilton Paddington more often due to the ease of hopping on the Heathrow Express downstairs. Can't be that convenience for a quick trip.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 3:49 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Waldorf lounge sucks big time, go for the Conrad to get much better value for money.
wizla and WVmike like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Agree the Paddo is super convenient- not just for the HEX but for the tube and GWR as well.

As an aside today is my 20th anniversary on FT I hope (but am skeptical) that i give as much advice and insight as i have received over the years. It has been a case of two halves- a decade of global travel for two MNCs with a secondment to London, and one of being a dad with twins now almost 10 and a lot less travel. I still get to London now and then though, where i just finished up a great stay at the Hilton Park Lane and am now fittingly sat celebrating in the BA CCR .
WVmike and Winniesbestfriend like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Agree the Paddo is super convenient- not just for the HEX but for the tube and GWR as well.

As an aside today is my 20th anniversary on FT I hope (but am skeptical) that i give as much advice and insight as i have received over the years. It has been a case of two halves- a decade of global travel for two MNCs with a secondment to London, and one of being a dad with twins now almost 10 and a lot less travel. I still get to London now and then though, where i just finished up a great stay at the Hilton Park Lane and am now fittingly sat celebrating in the BA CCR .
I’ve always found you informative , your sense of humour shines through in your comments and I like that it’s very English and refreshing……20 years is impressive too.
pauleeepaul and WVmike like this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 11:25 pm
YXU

Programs: AC 50K, Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA Silver
Hi all, I'm visiting London for the first time next January (I know it's a bit embarrasing, especially cause I'm from "London" Canada lol). My brother and I are in our late 20s and have the hotel shortlist down to these 3: Canopy, Paddington and the Waldorf.

Main thing I'm looking for is a good breakfast (very imp) and also location for all the touristy activities (though it seems all 3 are close to transit options per above). I take it only the Waldorf has a lounge between the 3 but I expect to be out all day and don't care all that much for it. Would appreciate any tips, thanks!
WVmike likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by YXU
Hi all, I'm visiting London for the first time next January (I know it's a bit embarrasing, especially cause I'm from "London" Canada lol). My brother and I are in our late 20s and have the hotel shortlist down to these 3: Canopy, Paddington and the Waldorf.

Main thing I'm looking for is a good breakfast (very imp) and also location for all the touristy activities (though it seems all 3 are close to transit options per above). I take it only the Waldorf has a lounge between the 3 but I expect to be out all day and don't care all that much for it. Would appreciate any tips, thanks!
Welcome to the other London then. Canopy is marketed to your age demographic and is the most modern. Waldorf has a lounge, so does the Hilton Paddington. Waldorf will gain marks for being central, you will be able to walk to quite a few places within a few minutes. It's probably the best of the three for breakfast though the other 2 locations are by no means terrible. Canopy is in the City of London, the financial area, it does have a lot of things to see around there, with plenty of shops and cafés during the week, but on Saturday and Sunday it will be very quiet there (which brings a charm of its own). As you say, lots of transit options. Paddington is a busy area but the tourist locations are further over really, but it's pretty convenient for Heathrow. I would also consider the Metropole, it's a better hotel with good breakfast options. Maybe West End Doubletree, which really is central and I think does a good stab of breakfast. If it was your second visit to London I'd perhaps add Hilton Islington, it's a bit further out but the tube and bus options are good there.
WVmike and YXU like this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by YXU
My brother and I are in our late 20s and have the hotel shortlist down to these 3: Canopy, Paddington and the Waldorf.
Just curious as to why these 3 made the shortlist?

The ONLY reason you stay at the Paddington Hilton when visiting London is for the ease of getting to LHR.

Been there countless times but only for one night stays where I had an early flight out of LHR the next morning. If that's not a consideration then IMO I'd cross that one off, there are much better options.

In terms of central location and access to tube it's tough to beat the Conrad or Hilton Park Lane. But both of these can be very pricey, hence my question above.
WVmike likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by YXU

If it was me ( I’m a Londoner ) I would choose the Waldorf, unfortunately this hotel has had many cutbacks lately but the breakfast is very good and it’s on the doorstep of most of the tourist attractions.
YXU likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:00 pm

Programs: 12 year UAL GS, LT Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium, AA Plat Pro
Conrad St. James if my fav.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:23 pm
YXU

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the other London then. Canopy is marketed to your age demographic and is the most modern. Waldorf has a lounge, so does the Hilton Paddington. Waldorf will gain marks for being central, you will be able to walk to quite a few places within a few minutes. It's probably the best of the three for breakfast though the other 2 locations are by no means terrible. Canopy is in the City of London, the financial area, it does have a lot of things to see around there, with plenty of shops and cafés during the week, but on Saturday and Sunday it will be very quiet there (which brings a charm of its own). As you say, lots of transit options. Paddington is a busy area but the tourist locations are further over really, but it's pretty convenient for Heathrow. I would also consider the Metropole, it's a better hotel with good breakfast options. Maybe West End Doubletree, which really is central and I think does a good stab of breakfast. If it was your second visit to London I'd perhaps add Hilton Islington, it's a bit further out but the tube and bus options are good there.
Thank you so much! This is very helpful, I'll probably go for Waldorf based on your recommendation and Wizla's!

Originally Posted by wizla
If it was me ( I’m a Londoner ) I would choose the Waldorf, unfortunately this hotel has had many cutbacks lately but the breakfast is very good and it’s on the doorstep of most of the tourist attractions.
Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:26 pm
YXU

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Just curious as to why these 3 made the shortlist?

The ONLY reason you stay at the Paddington Hilton when visiting London is for the ease of getting to LHR.

Been there countless times but only for one night stays where I had an early flight out of LHR the next morning. If that's not a consideration then IMO I'd cross that one off, there are much better options.

In terms of central location and access to tube it's tough to beat the Conrad or Hilton Park Lane. But both of these can be very pricey, hence my question above.
It wasn't a scientifc selection process by any means, it just happened that these 3 were decently priced using my company's travel portal, they seemed special-ish or new and, to a certain extent, they were "Luxurious" and not a North American Hampton Inn standard.
Oh and Paddington cause I'm a tourist and I saw paddington the bear

Last edited by YXU; Dec 13, 2023 at 12:27 pm Reason: Quoting user
Old Dec 14, 2023, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by YXU
Thank you so much! This is very helpful, I'll probably go for Waldorf based on your recommendation and Wizla's!

Thanks!
No worries my friend…… if you click on the Waldorf thread I have many trip reports on that hotel, although you may have to go back a couple of pages as I’ve not stayed for a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.