Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2023, 12:40 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Hello all! Me and P2 will be visiting London for 3 nights next May from California. It will be my 4th visit (although my last visit was about 16 years ago now), P2's first visit. We will be using a few FNC certs. I cannot decide which Hilton we should go with. I would love to stay at Conrad or Trafalgar, but neither is available for standard redemption for my dates.

King size bed is important to us. We are lowly golds, so while we'd love to have access to lounge and/or complimentary breakfast, it isn't as important in light of everything.

So far I have narrowed down to this list.

Canopy by Hilton London City
London Hilton on Park Lane
Lost Property St Paul's London

Which one would you pick? Any other ones we should consider? We will be visiting cocktail spots and wandering around. Maybe going to Claridge's for afternoon tea. P2 probably wants to go to Stonehenge for a day trip.

We will be flying into LHR but leaving from LGW, probably taking public transportation to/from airport.

Thank you.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
For a first trip for your companion I say the Park Lane. The views and location are epic, true London.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by happychic
We will be using a few FNC certs. I cannot decide which Hilton we should go with. I would love to stay at Conrad or Trafalgar, but neither is available for standard redemption for my dates.
Your trip is still 10 months away, if you'd prefer the Conrad or Trafalgar then I'd just keep an eye on it, highly likely that standard rooms will pop up between now and then.

But given the choices you mentioned I'd agree with the above re: Park Lane. It also tends to command some of the highest rates in London amongst Hilton properties so you're getting your money's worth out of the FNC's.
happychic likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

[...]
King size bed is important to us. [...]
Be aware that "king size bed" might not mean the same thing to the hotel as it does to you. I had a (non-Hilton family) London hotel tell me that the bed in my room was king size because king size meant something different in England. It was months later that I came across the linked Wikipedia article that corroborated that story.
happychic likes this.

Last edited by serpens; Aug 7, 2023 at 10:36 am
Old Aug 7, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Your trip is still 10 months away, if you'd prefer the Conrad or Trafalgar then I'd just keep an eye on it, highly likely that standard rooms will pop up between now and then.
I concur. Pretty sure the Conrad will come up and for such a short trip it’s proximity to the big sites and to transport connections is really very good.
happychic likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
happychic So excited for you!!! I've stayed at both Conrad and Trafalgar and really like both locations and hotels!! Of the 3 you listed, I would go with Park Lane as well. It is old school iconic London right next to Dorchester hotel and BMW Park Lane is a few doors down too. It's a very peaceful location.
happychic likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 6:37 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Hi all, 2 nights in London next month.

Pool is a non-neg so it’s down to the Waldorf or Bankside. I’m Diamond if that makes a difference.

Will be visiting Imperial War Museum, Masonic Museum and Forbidden Planet.

Some troubling reviews for both, no hot water in Waldorf showers and a superheated pool at Bankside?

I eat a light breakfast so that’s not a decisive factor.

Advice most welcome!
Old Aug 10, 2023, 7:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by shillard
The War Museum is walking distance from Bankside, and also Waldorf at a pinch, but lots of bus options as well, effectively there is a bus every 3 minutes.

The other two are very close to Waldorf, 10 minutes stroll.

Canary Wharf Hilton doesn't have a pool but the public Open Water Swimming facility exists in the docks in front the hotel. Timings vary by day of the week, and you have to join a membership scheme, but it's 6 days a week, not Wednesdays for some reason. But you won't need to worry about the water being too warm for you.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 12:21 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The War Museum is walking distance from Bankside, and also Waldorf at a pinch, but lots of bus options as well, effectively there is a bus every 3 minutes.
In know it wasn’t the question but Hampton Waterloo closer than both to the Imperial War Museum.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 2:25 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
For a first trip for your companion I say the Park Lane. The views and location are epic, true London.
Agree completely if this hotel is on your shortlist. It can be eye-wateringly expensive. You arrive at this property and think - yeah this is London!!
Old Aug 12, 2023, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond

Pool is a non-neg so it’s down to the Waldorf or Bankside. I’m Diamond if that makes a difference.

Some troubling reviews for both, no hot water in Waldorf showers and a superheated pool at Bankside?

Advice most welcome!
I use the pool at the Bankside quite often - never had it hot. Always good for a swim in the morning.

Both have a good breakfast. Air conditioning is better in the Bankside. The Waldorf is more of a classic grand hotel, where as the Bankside is new.

T
shillard likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 5:56 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by toothy
I use the pool at the Bankside quite often - never had it hot. Always good for a swim in the morning.

Both have a good breakfast. Air conditioning is better in the Bankside. The Waldorf is more of a classic grand hotel, where as the Bankside is new.

T
Thanks Toothy, very reassuring and has sealed the deal with Bankside.
toothy likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)

Canopy by Hilton London City
London Hilton on Park Lane
Lost Property St Paul's London

Which one would you pick?
Lost Property has basement rooms and rooms on higher floors where the windows are 100% frosted and you can't see out of them. Choose your room very carefully there.
happychic likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 6:56 am

Advice most welcome!
Hey!

I am a regular Bankside occupant, I have to say it is my preferred choice of London Hilton currently. One word of warning I always give is it is a "Dark" hotel, with lots of subdued lighting which I like.

The lounge is great with enough selection, and the breakfast buffet in the main restaurant is great.
shillard, toothy and wizla like this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by TrainsPlanesRB96
Hey!

I am a regular Bankside occupant, I have to say it is my preferred choice of London Hilton currently. One word of warning I always give is it is a "Dark" hotel, with lots of subdued lighting which I like.

The lounge is great with enough selection, and the breakfast buffet in the main restaurant is great.
Dark for dark business...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.