Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2024, 1:07 pm

Programs: Primarily Hilton & Delta
Any recent recommendations for families? We will be in London for 3 nights in April with our 5 year old, so 3 to a room. That bumps us up to a premium room on points/"premium" cash rates as well at almost every location. I have stayed in the Conrad and Trafalgar in the past ~ 2 years, but those are probably out for this trip based on price. We would be fine staying out of the core tourist areas. And I'm not 100% committed to Hilton for this stay, but being Diamond that is my first choice.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 3:03 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
I am currently staying at the hilton Bankside. 31 Sq meter rooms. Good lounge with breakfast in lounge or restaurant as a Diamond. The swimming pool could be a big plus with a 5 year old.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 3:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rcmiller
Any recent recommendations for families? We will be in London for 3 nights in April with our 5 year old, so 3 to a room. That bumps us up to a premium room on points/"premium" cash rates as well at almost every location. I have stayed in the Conrad and Trafalgar in the past ~ 2 years, but those are probably out for this trip based on price. We would be fine staying out of the core tourist areas. And I'm not 100% committed to Hilton for this stay, but being Diamond that is my first choice.
That may suggest Hilton Olympia, which really needs you to work the (good) local bus services or the timetabled Overground service via West Brompton. That is going to be good value for money, relatively speaking, but by London standards a bit isolated. Or the Metropole, a lot more expensive but a good hotel overall and much better located, with local shops and services close to hand.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 3:40 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
I was also thinking about Bankside. But what about Doubletree Docklands Riverside? Sure a 5 year old would love arriving and departing on the ferry. There are also plenty of chain restaurants in and around Canary Wharf (I recommend Pizza Pilgrims), Museum of London Docklands (pre book the Mudlarks soft play), an easy hop down to Greenwich (similar deal for the Ahoy children’s bit, book online in advance), and of course “driving” the DLR (there is an ok kids playground in Millwall Park between Mudchute and Island Gardens DLR) . There is also currently skating at Canary Wharf (until 24 Feb) and the winter lights (from 17-27 Jan).
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:23 am

Programs: Primarily Hilton & Delta
Thanks for the suggestions. Our time may overlap with the London Marathon, so for now I'm looking at properties away from the course route.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 4:08 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by rcmiller
Thanks for the suggestions. Our time may overlap with the London Marathon, so for now I'm looking at properties away from the course route.
It is a nice time to visit. I used to live a couple of streets away from the route.

The biggest impact was road closures to traffic. Assuming you won’t be using a car you can expect stations in the vicinity to be really busy for maybe 4 hours. Earlier in the day towards the start. A little later on in the relevant part of Central London.

Obviously it will also be affecting price and availability of hotel rooms as many runners and their families will want to stay in London.

London is able to absorb an event of this scale though and it isn’t excessively disruptive. The atmosphere tends to be very friendly. I quite liked watching the elite runners closing in on TV then popping down the end of my road to have a look as they came past. But then I often went about doing other stuff later in the day, without too many problems, despite the non-elite runners winding past for a good few hours.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 9:20 am

First Anniversary

Hello, all! My husband and I will be in London for a week at the end of June/early July for our first wedding anniversary. We will overlap with the first few days of Wimbledon. We’ve both visited before (this will be my 4th visit), but considering he stayed at the Jim Lord hotel, all of our choices will definitely be an upgraded experience for him. It will be our first visit together and I’m a Diamond member.

We will want to hit some of the big spots together like Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, and the London Eye, probably afternoon tea at the Waldorf and the Shard, and likely the Harry Potter studio tour in Leavesden. We’ll also likely see one musical on the West End. We’re flying into LHR and are planning to take a train from London to Edinburgh.

We want to balance a nice room with some space with a convenient location. However, we are in the early stages of house shopping, so the Biltmore is out of the question. I previously stayed at the Conrad St. James, but it was much cheaper in 2017 and even in a deluxe king room, we overlooked a bird poop-covered rooftop. At the current price of 565 GBP, I’m not sure it’s worth it.

I have made refundable reservations at the Waldorf (514 GBP/nt) Hilton London Tower Bridge (398/nt), and Canopy London City (352/nt). Can anyone share their thoughts on what would be your pick under the circumstances? I am also open to alternatives. Thanks in advance for your opinions and help!
Old Jan 22, 2024, 9:42 am

First Anniversary

Hello, all! My husband and I will be in London for a week ant the end of June/early July for our first wedding anniversary. We will overlap with the first few days of Wimbledon. We’ve both visited before (this will be my 4th visit), but considering he stayed at the Jim Lord hotel, all of our choices will definitely be an upgraded experience for him. It will be our first visit together and I’m a Diamond member.

We will want to hit some of the big spots together like Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, and the London Eye, probably afternoon tea at the Waldorf and the Shard, and likely the Harry Potter studio tour in Leavesden. We’ll also likely see one musical on the West End. We’re flying into LHR and are planning to take a train from London to Edinburgh.

We want to balance a nice room with some space with a convenient location. However, we are in the early stages of house shopping, so the Biltmore is out of the question. I previously stayed at the Conrad St. James, but it was much cheaper in 2017 and even in a deluxe king room, we overlooked a poop-covered rooftop. At the current price of 565 GBP, I’m not sure it’s worth it.

I have made refundable reservations at the Waldorf (514 GBP/nt) Hilton London Tower Bridge (398/nt), and Canopy London City (352/nt). Can anyone share their thoughts on what would be your pick under the circumstances? I am also open to alternatives. Thanks in advance for your opinions and help!
Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:48 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jewelgirl04
Of those three, Tower Bridge strikes me as the best value for money, though not exactly a bargain, accepting that the tennis is on when hotels just sell out. I would also look at Trafalgar and Lost Property, maybe Metropole and Bankside.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:12 pm

Hilton Park Lane vs Hilton Tower Bridge with kids

We are visiting London for a week in late November with two adults and two kids 11 and 14. Looking at Hilton hotels with king and twin connecting rooms and standard award availability, I've narrowed it down to either Hilton Park Lane or Hilton Tower Bridge.

Any recommendation between those two? We'll be doing the typical tourist stuff, and probably catch a west end show or two. Weather is cold and wet that time of year, so a short walk to a tube station or other easy public transport is ideal. One kid is a super picky eater, so a solid breakfast, plentify nearby food options, and a well-stocked and open executive lounge are really helpful. Wife and I are both diamond if that matters. I have both booked at the moment, but want to cancel one as it's a big pile of points.

Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Shockingly my vote is for the Park Lane . As a Diamond you will likely get a high floor with impressive views. And I like the location as well- lots to walk to and easy TfL access. There is a Tesco Express 3 minutes out the back door if you have issues with the lounge offering (which were fine when I was last there in November.) The TB is a good hotel in a meh location.
stillwaters23 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by stillwaters23
We are visiting London for a week in late November with two adults and two kids 11 and 14. Looking at Hilton hotels with king and twin connecting rooms and standard award availability, I've narrowed it down to either Hilton Park Lane or Hilton Tower Bridge.
If they are similar cost, then Park Lane, though Tower Bridge isn't a bad option by any means. PL wins mainly on location. The next one to consider would perhaps be the Metropole given the breakfast range.and alternative eating locations.
stillwaters23 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 10:22 am

Experience with Hotel Collection at Conrad and Diamond?

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Of those three, Tower Bridge strikes me as the best value for money, though not exactly a bargain, accepting that the tennis is on when hotels just sell out. I would also look at Trafalgar and Lost Property, maybe Metropole and Bankside.
After reading through the thread, I am still indecisive. We stayed at the Waldorf 10 years (??!!) ago, and loved the location and the lounge. We are staying in London for 2-3 nights at the end of October, and our criteria:
1) Location: we tend to walk everywhere vs. public transport (e.g., we walked to War Rooms, Tower of London, etc from Waldorf)
2) Nice room (robes, etc): we are on vacation, like to have a nicer room with some character
3) Lounge and breakfast: we tend to eat a large breakfast at the hotel, then pub type food for dinner

The Waldorf and Park Lane are available on standard points, so we could use our free night certificate and points/pay another. Conrad isn't, so we would have to pay cash. We can get a similar rate on AmEx Hotel Collection that is showing on HH for the Conrad which would give us a $200 credit plus the $100 "experience" credit. If we did that, would we still get the Diamond lounge access and free breakfast? I would confirm with the hotel, but curious if anyone has experience? It is significantly higher that the PL or Waldorf

Tower Bridge photos make it look like a more non-descript Hilton: is that just poor photography?

Thank you for all the help: we had two horrible Hilton hotels lately that had good reviews on Trip Advisor, so this forum is very helpful.

Last edited by Mile-a-holic; Apr 19, 2024 at 11:01 am
Old Apr 19, 2024, 10:27 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Hyde Park recently? We thought we'd try it next month. Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2024, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Mile-a-holic
After reading through the thread, I am still indecisive. We stayed at the Waldorf 10 years (??!!) ago, and loved the location and the lounge. We are staying in London for 2-3 nights at the end of October, and our criteria:
1) Location: we tend to walk everywhere vs. public transport (e.g., we walked to War Rooms, Tower of London, etc from Waldorf)
2) Nice room (robes, etc): we are on vacation, like to have a nicer room with some character
3) Lounge and breakfast: we tend to eat a large breakfast at the hotel, then pub type food for dinner

The Waldorf and Park Lane are available on standard points, so we could use our free night certificate and points/pay another.
Of those two, Park Lane would be the better option for 1, 2 and probably 3, given price equivalence. Perhaps consider Trafalgar or Lost Property but they only really score on 1 and perhaps 2.
Mile-a-holic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.