Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Seoul Hilton {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 7:28 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Sightly OT.

Originally Posted by brahms77
So, I am current on an award stay - in deed one should not expect much on an award stay - at Millennium Hilton Seoul and am quite disappointed with the level of treatment/benefit for HH Diamond members here. It's pretty much same as Gold - no difference in treatment (upgrade to executive rooms, no entry to saunas, and no free internet). This is the same for revenue stay.

The executive rooms are very tired and old and it is one of the worst 'five' star hotels in Seoul, in my opinion. I have stayed at both ICs as RA and all of SPG hotels in Seoul as Platinum and I have always given suite upgrades and spa/sauna access even on award stays.

Hilton really needs to improve on treating Diamonds (indeed, I am nobody on HH starting May 1st thanks to lack of promotions and no distinct treatment for Diamond from Gold). I am happy that my SPG stays have been very well received and PC Plat status is usually good at CP and HI where SPG hotels lack presence.

So, if you have status with other programs, please stay away from Hiltons in Seoul.
Slight OT, but as a Diamond, I was expecting some better treatment when I was at the Narita Hilton, but there was totally no recognition at all, just provided with the normal "expected" items and that was it. I really doubt that they upgraded me to a better room, as I remember the non-upgraded room (when I stayed there the last time as a Silver member) was exactly the same size, and amenities.

Sometimes I do question the difference between diamond and gold....
Old Jul 20, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
Millennium Hilton Seoul

Just returned from a very nice stay at this property. Used my diamond privileges to get 4 free nights for 119,000 points which was a pretty good deal. We were upgraded to a nice room on the 20th floor with a view of the city, and access to the executive lounge. We had breakfast there every morning. Food selection was pretty good, and the service was great. The service in Asia is generally very good and this property was no exception. We even went for drink a couple of times during happy hour which was also complementary.

All in all, a very nice stay at a nice hotel. I've also stayed at the Grand Hilton in Seoul which is much farther away from the city center. The Millennium HIlton is much better in my opinion.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 3:44 pm

Getting Fixed Up

4 nights here in April 7-11 as Gold. Exec lounge being renovated (reopens May) so closed with basement function room being used as replacement. Aside from no windows and a little crowded during happy hour, a sincere effort was made. But be warned, the hours they designate for lunch-time snacks, happy hour, etc., are at the precision of an Olympic finish line timer - five minutes after scheduled end and you're SOL. B'fast was in the main dining room with full access, certainly a good alternative given the renovation. Rooms are being renovated too; mine wasn't but must be on the list - tired and well used, period. Staff very friendly whether they could speak English or not. Great location for "downtown" Seoul, much can be walked to/accessed by public transit. TV is tied to a computer that has a mind of its own. Definitely would stay there again. ICN bus line stops/picks up at the front door. BTW, was going to take a Sunday day trip to Busan on Korail KTX (like TGV). Could get there but not back; these trains are very popular.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by robbeck1
4 nights here in April 7-11 as Gold. Exec lounge being renovated (reopens May) so closed with basement function room being used as replacement. Aside from no windows and a little crowded during happy hour, a sincere effort was made. But be warned, the hours they designate for lunch-time snacks, happy hour, etc., are at the precision of an Olympic finish line timer - five minutes after scheduled end and you're SOL. B'fast was in the main dining room with full access, certainly a good alternative given the renovation. Rooms are being renovated too; mine wasn't but must be on the list - tired and well used, period. Staff very friendly whether they could speak English or not. Great location for "downtown" Seoul, much can be walked to/accessed by public transit. TV is tied to a computer that has a mind of its own. Definitely would stay there again. ICN bus line stops/picks up at the front door. BTW, was going to take a Sunday day trip to Busan on Korail KTX (like TGV). Could get there but not back; these trains are very popular.
Thanks for the update. Wondering if the room renovation is just started or a good percentage of rooms have been renovated? I am planning a trip to Seoul in June and considering to stay there.

I read there is a steep hill to clim to get to the Hilton. Want to get some idea how hard the walk will be, especially when the weather gets hot. Thanks for any info.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by wendySFO
I read there is a steep hill to clim to get to the Hilton. Want to get some idea how hard the walk will be, especially when the weather gets hot. Thanks for any info.
It's fine if you're in reasonably good shape. If you're elderly or have luggage, I'd advise against it.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
It's fine if you're in reasonably good shape. If you're elderly or have luggage, I'd advise against it.
Thanks for the info restlessinRNO. Want to make sure it is relatively easy to get in and out of the hotel multiple times a day and not dreaded by the hill climbing.

Plan to take KAL limo bus for arrival/departure so no luggage but may be shopping bags.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wendySFO
Thanks for the update. Wondering if the room renovation is just started or a good percentage of rooms have been renovated? I am planning a trip to Seoul in June and considering to stay there.

Yes, a good number of floors are being renovated. See the Grand vs Millenium thread.

Originally Posted by robbeck1
Yes, they clean up quick here (as with all Asian locations). But the food for lunch is one of the better ones I've seen for all Hiltons.
Old May 14, 2011, 5:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Reporting from the temp lounge. Renovation of lounge etc scheduled to end June 7th.

Very basic evening cocktails here. Australian sparkling. Crowded and small room.

Expecting breakfast to be better as noted by another poster.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:15 am

Newly Renovated Room

Just return from a week stay at Seoul Millenium Hilton. Stayed at a newly renovated room at 21st floor, was a nice stay. Here some more details.

Check-in:

Arrived at hotel around 5PM, was directed to the 21st floor Executive Lounge to do checkin. They've already prepared the paper work and room assignment so checkin was quick. Was explained the Executive Room benefit, in the room there is another letter from GM further explains the Diamond benefit.

The executive lounge is open (no doors), the lounge attendants sit at the entrance, there is no chairs for guests to sit when checkin, it was a bit odd to me.

Room:

The rooms at 21st floor are newly renovated, I was told they just opened for guests few days before my arrival. Everything looks brand new.

Room is on the small side, though it is comfortable. I had a room at the end of the hall way, have view to N tower. Bath has shower over tub, shower was good but sometimes temperature changes even it has the temp control nob.

Internet (wifi) was slow at times. TV channels are limited (CNN, FOX, BBC World, Discover Channel). Tea/Coffee in room with a hot water dispenser was very convenient. Two bottles of water replenish everyday. They left a small piece of cake by night stand at turn down. One night the cake has ginseng taste, was very good.

Executive Lounge:

There are two lounges on 19th and 21st floor, I was told they are identical. I've only visited the lounge on the 21st floor and were only there for evening Hors d'œuvre couple of nights. They serve one hot item and a vegetable dip plate every night. The hot item changes every night (chicken wing, breaded fish filet, beef and vegi on a stick...). Plenty of alcohol selection on display, softdrink and water in the refrigerator, juice is on request. Service was great from what I observed.

Lounge has the N tower view, some reading materials, and believe wifi is free to use. Was never crowded but some nights all seats were taken when I was there.

I had breakfast at Cilantro, food was good though things are pretty much the same everyday. Service was mostly prompt.

The location is very good. It is in walking distance to Seoul Station, N tower, Namdaemun. Subway line 1 and line 4 are easy accessible. I used the Hoehyeon station for line 4 the most as the walk to the station is shorter and less steep.

Checkout:

3PM Late checkout is part of Diamond benefit at this hotel, if space available. KAL bus ticket is available from EL desk and able to charge to the room. The bus was 1 hour 10 min to the ICN airport.

Last edited by wendySFO; Jun 17, 2011 at 12:29 am
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Glad to hear the renovation is done and lounges back open.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Glad to hear the renovation is done and lounges back open.
Per my conversation with the lounge attendant, the 22nd floor is not yet open (assume work in progress) and the two suites near my room were bare and I heard noises from there sometimes. Also seems renovation on 18th floor has not yet started, was occupied by guests when I was there. So looks like still be a while to complete the renovation for guest rooms.
Old May 18, 2012, 3:38 am

Shocked

After a very nice stay at the Grand Hilton Seoul, we moved to the Millennium Seoul to try it out.

While the Grand Hilton Seoul has two computers and a printer available in the Exec Lounge for use at no cost, the Millennium Seoul has neither. The staff directed me to the Business Center to print my boarding passes and I was told I had to pay.

After I told the staff that I have never had to pay to print boarding passes at the 130+ Hilton-brand hotels that I've stayed in, the staff reluctantly gave me a one-time exception.

Are there any other hotels that charge for printing boarding passes?
Old May 24, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by bamboola
After a very nice stay at the Grand Hilton Seoul, we moved to the Millennium Seoul to try it out.

While the Grand Hilton Seoul has two computers and a printer available in the Exec Lounge for use at no cost, the Millennium Seoul has neither. The staff directed me to the Business Center to print my boarding passes and I was told I had to pay.

After I told the staff that I have never had to pay to print boarding passes at the 130+ Hilton-brand hotels that I've stayed in, the staff reluctantly gave me a one-time exception.

Are there any other hotels that charge for printing boarding passes?
Seriously? I'm sorry, but if you have really stayed at "130+ Hilton-branded hotels" before staying at the Millennium, then I'm shocked that you wouldn't have known that some hotels charge guests for printing services.

Besides, what's the point going through the trouble of printing out your BPs on a full sheet of paper when you can accomplish the same thing on a much smaller piece of paper in literally seconds at the airport?
Old May 24, 2012, 8:27 pm

I have been at several Hilton properties whose policy was just as you describe, where business center has the printers and you are expected to stay. Rather than being shocked, I was pleasant as I could be and in every case was allowed to print for free.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Older thread. Hopefully someone has been here recently.

From Seoul Station to the hotel entrance is up a hill... whats the alternative for walking... I assume I can take a Taxi?

While I'm not adverse to walking, I just have no desire to do it with luggage, and two-carry-ons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.