Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Seoul Hilton {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 9:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond
Extremely stingy policies

I sent message to [email protected] and they responded from [email protected]

As a background I was asking about their breakfast and Executive lounge policies as we had in total of 5 persons staying in two rooms, One KING DELUXE MOUNTAIN VIEW for three and one TWIN DELUXE MOUNTAIN VIEW for two.
We had me as a Diamond member and one Gold member in the group and I had booked both of the rooms with my company rate.

My enquery:
Dear Sir / Madam.

I'm contacting you regarding our reservation #123456789 on 20-22 May.
I have booked two rooms for total of 5 persons. Mr. Friend with Honors member number #123456789 staying in the other room is a Gold Elite member thus I would like to confirm our breakfast and Executive Lounge access for all five for our stay?

I would also like to query if it would be possible to arrange airport transfer for total of 6 persons on 22nd May and what would be the price for the transfer? The plan would be to arrive at the Incheon International Airport 8:30AM.

I would be also interested to know if your services are already back to normal or are there still restrictions regarding the use of pool facilities or opening times of the restaurants, Executive Lounge and other services?

Thank you for all the information you are able to provide and waiting to see you soon
*Me*
Their answer:
Dear Mr. Me.

Warmest greeting from Millennium Hilton Seoul!
Thank you for choosing us during your stay.

We have found all reservations have been made under Mr.Me , and there’s no reservation under Mr. Friend.
We believe that you have put the name of Mr. Friend as a sharer under your reservation.

We are afraid to inform that we can provide complimentary executive lounge access as well as free breakfast for 2 people only, including Diamond member his/herself.
So, we recommend Mr. Friend to make a reservation with his honors number by himself, the he can get free breakfast for 2 people as he’s our valued Gold member.

(*Diamond member can get complimentary executive lounge access as well as free breakfast for 2 people, Gold member can get free breakfast for 2 people.)

Second, in regards to transportation, we can provide pick-up service as below :
· Pick-up : Solati (240,000KRW)
· Drop-off : Solati (240,000KRW)
If you need to proceed this, please let us know flight details.

Last, we’d like to inform that our services are already back to normal and all facilities such as swimming pool, the restaurants and Executive Lounge are operating well.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Thank you very much.

With Best Regards,

[email protected]

MILLENNIUM HILTON SEOUL
d: +82 2 317 3000 f: +82 2 317 3848
50, Sowol-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea 04637
seoul.hilton.com
hilton.com

This is one of the inflexible answers I have ever gotten from a Hilton. I have had never had an issue to get the elite member benefits from the other person traveling in our group to the other room. So I continued:

Thank you for this extremely disappointing information.

Just to confirm as Twin Deluxe Mountain View is only one room class below Twin Executive room and Gold members should be Upgraded one room class if it is available they should get the access to Executive Lounge for two with complimentary upgrade to the Executive room?

Would you be also able to separate the two rooms in my booking with the current rate and put Mr. Friends member number to the other booking to get the Gold Member benefits also to the second room?

Best Regards
Me
Dear Me,

Greetings!
Thank you for your kind response.

We are afraid to inform that we can provide complimentary upgrade up to Deluxe Mountain view room for Gold member, so it would be not available to be upgraded more in case that Gold members have already booked Deluxe mountain view room at the time of booking.

And also, please be kindly informed that we cannot changed your name to Friend since the rate plan can be only provided for xx.
If you need to add breakfast / executive lounge option, we recommend you to amend reservation as below :

· Room 1 – Keep with Deluxe Mountain view : might be upgraded to executive room as a diamond member, 2 people’s executive lounge access & breakfast can be provided for free.
· Room 2 – Change to Executive / Executive mountain view : If you book a room with Executive room with 3 people, 3 people’s executive lounge access & breakfast can be included.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime.
Thank you very much.

With Best Regards,.
MILLENNIUM HILTON SEOUL
d: +82 2 317 3000 f: +82 2 317 3848
50, Sowol-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea 04637
seoul.hilton.com
hilton.com

My verdict about this is that there is no point for a Gold member to book anything that the lowest category room as they are not upgraded from anything above the Deluxe Mountain view category. And if Gold members would like to have Executive Lounge access they have to book the Executive Room (and probably not expect any upgrade or status benefits). I'm not sure this is according to Hilton's guidelines as the hotel is refusing to upgrade Golds for the 1 category even if they have available Executive rooms. Of course Hilton's policies are written in very flexible way so hotels can decide themselves what ever they want.
Generally I have been very happy with my upgrades and my success rate with Suite upgrades has been pretty good.

And Diamond "might be upgraded to executive room"... Might get a one level upgrade and even then no flex for the third person from who I'm paying extra for? This is the first time for me though according to the unrewarding T&C of Hilton. I would have expected to get any type of a upsell deal at least.

My rate allows me to book maximum of two rooms per stay and I would have been ok on cancelling one of the rooms and booking it with a normal Honors rate as it wasn't that much more expensive if only their upgrade policy for Golds would be normal.

I have usually traveled around 45-60 nights per year and 20-30 nights even during the covid times and this is probably the stingiest policy I have ever faced. Though I have to admit I haven't used Hiltons much in the US (for obvious reasons) so I might be "entitled" then. But please feel free to make your own judgement from their communication if your are planning to stay in Millennium Hilton Seoul.
As this hotel is more expensive than the competition the lack of elite recognition and flexibility drops this hotel way below other options in the city for our group.

Last edited by LassiJ; May 16, 2022 at 9:38 am
Old May 16, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: TK EL+, QR Platinum, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LassiJ
I sent message to [email protected] and they responded from [email protected]

As a background I was asking about their breakfast and Executive lounge policies as we had in total of 5 persons staying in two rooms, One KING DELUXE MOUNTAIN VIEW for three and one TWIN DELUXE MOUNTAIN VIEW for two.
We had me as a Diamond member and one Gold member in the group and I had booked both of the rooms with my company rate.

My enquery:

Their answer:

This is one of the inflexible answers I have ever gotten from a Hilton. I have had never had an issue to get the elite member benefits from the other person traveling in our group to the other room. So I continued:

My verdict about this is that there is no point for a Gold member to book anything that the lowest category room as they are not upgraded from anything above the Deluxe Mountain view category. And if Gold members would like to have Executive Lounge access they have to book the Executive Room (and probably not expect any upgrade or status benefits). I'm not sure this is according to Hilton's guidelines as the hotel is refusing to upgrade Golds for the 1 category even if they have available Executive rooms. Of course Hilton's policies are written in very flexible way so hotels can decide themselves what ever they want.
Generally I have been very happy with my upgrades and my success rate with Suite upgrades has been pretty good.

And Diamond "might be upgraded to executive room"... Might get a one level upgrade and even then no flex for the third person from who I'm paying extra for? This is the first time for me though according to the unrewarding T&C of Hilton. I would have expected to get any type of a upsell deal at least.

My rate allows me to book maximum of two rooms per stay and I would have been ok on cancelling one of the rooms and booking it with a normal Honors rate as it wasn't that much more expensive if only their upgrade policy for Golds would be normal.

I have usually traveled around 45-60 nights per year and 20-30 nights even during the covid times and this is probably the stingiest policy I have ever faced. Though I have to admit I haven't used Hiltons much in the US (for obvious reasons) so I might be "entitled" then. But please feel free to make your own judgement from their communication if your are planning to stay in Millennium Hilton Seoul.
As this hotel is more expensive than the competition the lack of elite recognition and flexibility drops this hotel way below other options in the city for our group.
So you booked 2 rooms with a company rate? Maybe I miss something... but cannot see anything stingy. Just normal policy... After all they are running a business.
Disclosure: HH Diamond (isn't about everybody these days?) with 60+ nights each year during Covid.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Danny Martello
So you booked 2 rooms with a company rate? Maybe I miss something... but cannot see anything stingy. Just normal policy... After all they are running a business.
Disclosure: HH Diamond (isn't about everybody these days?) with 60+ nights each year during Covid.

"My rate allows me to book maximum of two rooms per stay and I would have been ok on cancelling one of the rooms and booking it with a normal Honors rate as it wasn't that much more expensive if only their upgrade policy for Golds would be normal."
Old Dec 4, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond.
It appears as of January 1, 2023 this hotel will no longer be affiliated with Hilton per the Hilton website.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 10:51 pm

It was planned to be redeveloped as mixed-use complex after it got a new owner last year.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 2:51 am

Effective January 1, 2023, this hotel will no longer be affiliated with Hilton or the Honors program. Stays booked past this date will not accrue Honors points. Please contact the hotel directly with any questions.

Old Dec 29, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: UR and MR
https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/cul...35_342543.html

good article on the hotel. Sad its closing.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 9:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ToastedSi
https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/cul...35_342543.html

good article on the hotel. Sad its closing.
Thanks for posting that. I only stayed at the hotel once, for three nights in 2016, but it was a great stay. I'll miss it.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like the contract was up if it was opened in 1983 as a Hilton. Perhaps the new hotel will also be a Hilton.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 10:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Just saw this hotel got shut down, bummer. Was one of my first real “points” endeavors when I first got into the hobby and was looking forward to coming back for a trip next spring. I hope the Conrad brings similar experiences

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.