Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Seoul Hilton {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2003, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
What kind of room is 1722?
Old Mar 19, 2003, 6:08 pm

This is an excellent hotel. I got upgraded to business floor with fax machine, PC with free broadband internet connections, and access to Exec lounge. The exec lounge is full, so the hotel offer us free buffet breakfast at the hotel restiurant. The buffet breakfast was great, much better then lounge breakfast. It would have cost us US$28 per person, but its free. Hotel has free shuttle to downtown area, but not to/from ICN.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sxchan:
Rate Type:
HHONORS REDEMPTION
Rate per night: 380000.00 KRW
Total rate for stay: 1140063 KRW
Includes tax and service charges Tax & Service Charges: • There is a $21 per room per night tax.

</font>
You mean 21% right? Taxes are a killer especially in Korea. One of the main reasons that I have to consider using award stays even if the rate is kind of low because the taxes really add up.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 2:30 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite , Hilton Honors
Question Hilton Seoul : Nearby ATM?

I'm always getting caught out by the lack of ATMs (in English) at ICN.

Can anyone who has stayed at the Millenium Hilton recently tell me if there is a nearby ATM? Perhaps one in the hotel?

Much thanks,

Commander Bob
Korea bound and lacking Won
Old Jun 2, 2005, 4:05 pm
DH

Originally Posted by cbob
I'm always getting caught out by the lack of ATMs (in English) at ICN.

Can anyone who has stayed at the Millenium Hilton recently tell me if there is a nearby ATM? Perhaps one in the hotel?

Much thanks,

Commander Bob
Korea bound and lacking Won
I noticed that not all ATMs in Seoul take foreign issued cards. I didn't look for one on my last stay; I exchanged with "dollar dealers" at Namdaemun market. They are mostly middle age/old ladies sitting by the streets for customers.

At ICN, money exchange boots just before exiting the secured area/custom offer best rates for T.C.! I don't understand why and how. Anyway, I always get some wons there with T.C.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 4:43 pm

Seoul Millenium Hilton

Nice hotel.
I was given a Gold HH upgrade to one of the executive floors (20) but on top of that, I have the corner room at the end of the wing facing both the Namsan Mt. park and the Namdaemun market area. Sweet.
Big room, and mostly window. Very bright. No little extras -water would have been good, but a colleague (female) who also got her status upgrade but not to quite as good a room got fruit and chocolates. Might be a girl thing.
A "biz.com" arrangement in the room that includes a phone/fax/copier and a local cell phone. Unlike the Singapore room, the safe works on any magnetic striped credit-card instead of making up your own code.
Perks are identical to those during my recent stay at the Singapore Hilton -great free breakfast in the executive lounge, and the access includes snacks and coffee etc (and water!) all day. Happy hour free drinks and snacks but it's Korea, so I doubt if our hosts will ever leave us sitting in the hotel at dinner time!
Good location.
The fountain in the lower lobby is very relaxing.
The bar is cigar-friendly.

Commander Bob
Checking in from Seoul
Old Jun 19, 2005, 7:41 pm

Programs: MPO, Asiana Gold, United Premier, PC Platium/Ambassador, Platinum GP..
ATM at convenient store

I am not quite sure but there is a convenient store across Hilton.
You can draw money from ATM inside of the convenient store. Try that location. If the ATM doesn't work, they go the CJ building, which is right next to the hotel. There is a bank inside of the building.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 8:28 am

Thanks hysoo.

It turns out that there is an ATM in the hotel : straight through the lobby to the rear, turn right and walk down to the pay telephones. The machine is useable in English. There is also a convenient ATM near Gate 7 of Namdaemun market, but that place is pretty impossible to give directions for.

Commander Bob
Flush with Won
Old Jun 22, 2005, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by DH
I exchanged with "dollar dealers" at Namdaemun market. They are mostly middle age/old ladies sitting by the streets for customers.
Yes, those sweet old ladies. My friend spoke with one of the stall owners about a group of ladies we saw sitting on their stools, laughing and chatting away. The three women usually keep about $50,000 in U.S. and Korean currency. They prefer to buy $100 bills. When asked about protection from theft, the stall owner pointed out five young men hovering nearby.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 4:31 pm

Millennium Hilton Seoul - Poor diamond treatment

So, I am current on an award stay - in deed one should not expect much on an award stay - at Millennium Hilton Seoul and am quite disappointed with the level of treatment/benefit for HH Diamond members here. It's pretty much same as Gold - no difference in treatment (upgrade to executive rooms, no entry to saunas, and no free internet). This is the same for revenue stay.

The executive rooms are very tired and old and it is one of the worst 'five' star hotels in Seoul, in my opinion. I have stayed at both ICs as RA and all of SPG hotels in Seoul as Platinum and I have always given suite upgrades and spa/sauna access even on award stays.

Hilton really needs to improve on treating Diamonds (indeed, I am nobody on HH starting May 1st thanks to lack of promotions and no distinct treatment for Diamond from Gold). I am happy that my SPG stays have been very well received and PC Plat status is usually good at CP and HI where SPG hotels lack presence.

So, if you have status with other programs, please stay away from Hiltons in Seoul.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I like the Grand Hilton Seoul better than the M. Hilton, though the Grand Hilton is far from the center of town. I always got a room with a computer at the Grand Hilton, and I like the lounge there better than the lounge at the M. Hilton.

Yes, the rooms at the M. Hilton are small.
Old May 5, 2010, 7:36 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I would like to say that I have a 2 night reward stay coming up in over three weeks, and I emailed the hotel today to request that I get early checkin (arriving at ICN at 6 am or so). Yea yea, this is subject to availability and it is always a 50/50 proposition, I know. But, to my great surprise, I heard back from reservations today and they said that my arrival and checkin at 8:00 a.m. is GUARENTEED! I am speechless with this gesture....mucho awesomeness, and it makes my first visit to Korea that more cool because of this gesture. ^^^ Proof positive that this hotel....in practice, at least...treats their Diamonds quite well! :-:
Old May 5, 2010, 8:48 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by theblakefish
Proof positive that this hotel....in practice, at least...treats their Diamonds quite well! :-:
Nice gesture for sure, I wouldn't say proof positive, perhaps they have a small % of rooms booked for the night prior to your arrival so they feel confident that your room will be ready.

My jury would await to see upon check-in how you are treated, hopefully as well as your start.^
Old May 6, 2010, 1:17 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I just got back from Grand Hilton in Seoul and I must say as a HHonors Silver (almost to gold!), I had phenomenal treatment. The executive lounge there is pretty darn nice, the staff are amazingly friendly, and when it came to getting our car to the airport at checkout, the staff downstairs knew who we were and ensured a super smooth departure.

Where Millennium Hilton may be tired, Grand Hilton, even though not central (hey, we have the shuttle bus!), is older but nice. :-:
Old May 6, 2010, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by theblakefish
I would like to say that I have a 2 night reward stay coming up in over three weeks, and I emailed the hotel today to request that I get early checkin (arriving at ICN at 6 am or so). Yea yea, this is subject to availability and it is always a 50/50 proposition, I know. But, to my great surprise, I heard back from reservations today and they said that my arrival and checkin at 8:00 a.m. is GUARENTEED! I am speechless with this gesture....mucho awesomeness, and it makes my first visit to Korea that more cool because of this gesture. ^^^ Proof positive that this hotel....in practice, at least...treats their Diamonds quite well! :-:
very nice....

while i have had properties gaurantee me early check-in a night or 2 before my stay, i have never got a gaurantee 3 weeks in advance....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.