Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Seoul Hilton {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2002, 11:33 pm

Thanks SimonC for asking this question. I have been wanting to know more about Hiltons in Seoul.

Are any Hiltons near the COEX Convention Center. The address refers to Songpa-gu.

The COEX Inter-Continental Seoul and the Grand Inter-Continental Seoul
are described as 3 minutes
on foot. Would the Hilton Seoul downtown be too far to commute? It sounds pretty nice from the description by oldmancookie.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old Sep 4, 2002, 2:33 am

I'll be staying there in 2 weeks. Thanks for the heads up. I usually stay at the Westin Chosun, but it's beginning to show its age and is looking rather tired.
Old Sep 4, 2002, 5:09 am
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 2bgrounded:
Thanks SimonC for asking this question. I have been wanting to know more about Hiltons in Seoul.

Are any Hiltons near the COEX Convention Center. The address refers to Songpa-gu.

The COEX Inter-Continental Seoul and the Grand Inter-Continental Seoul
are described as 3 minutes
on foot. Would the Hilton Seoul downtown be too far to commute? It sounds pretty nice from the description by oldmancookie.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
</font>

It would be a healthy walk to COEX, it is a 1 block walk to Seoul Station (Subway) and a 35 cent (70 KRW) ride from there. That is how I do it. Too darned much traffic for a cab during convention hours. Also, most all of the conventions have shuttle bus service to the hotels. I kind of like the subways though.
Old Sep 4, 2002, 5:37 am

Thanks to all for the comments ... looking forward to being their in November.

SimonC
Old Sep 25, 2002, 2:24 am

Just spent 2 nights at the Seoul Hilton. Excellent property. Namdaemun Market and Seoul Station are both a short downhill walk.

As a Hilton Gold, was upgraded to the executive floor with lounge access. Small bottle of wine and fruit in the room. This has got to be one of the most hi-tech hotel rooms I have every stayed in. Fax machine, broadband, internet TV, cellular phone in room that can be rented daily. When using the phone, the television automatically lowers volume. When you hang up, the tv volume returns to the original setting. Our room faced Seoul Tower.

Restaurants and room service were pricey. A welcome note from the manager stated that late check-outs would be permitted until 5:00 p.m.! The only odd thing was a note in the room that said room air-conditioning is only available during the summer months.
Old Sep 25, 2002, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Concur with all the other posts but will add that the hotel has a shuttle to and from Itaewon, the tourist shopping area. Also, if you go swimming in the hotel pool, men and women are expected to wear bathing caps. I found this out as a little Korean guy was chasing me down cursing me for not wearing one.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 4:09 pm

Awd stay at SEL Hilton $21 per night tax

Plan to stay at SEL Hilton and saw this on my confirmation page...

Rate Type:
HHONORS REDEMPTION
Rate per night: 380000.00 KRW
Total rate for stay: 1140063 KRW
Includes tax and service charges Tax & Service Charges: • There is a $21 per room per night tax.
• There is a 0 primary service charge.

Am I supposed to pay $21/night tax? I thought all taxes are included in the award. Any experience regarding this?
Old Feb 26, 2003, 4:16 pm

The taxes are supposed to be included as part of the award. I just stayed at the FCO Hilton on a 2 day pointstretcher. When the stay posted to my HHonors account, I received point credit for the taxes that were paid by Hilton.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 5:07 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
I believe what you are looking at is what you would pay if you show up without a reward certificate.
I was scheduled at the Hilton Seoul on an award in Nov and there were no taxes. (I say scheduled since we transfered to the Grand Hilton after a point stretcher opened up -still no taxes just incidentals)

[This message has been edited by magic111 (edited 02-26-2003).]
Old Feb 26, 2003, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Same here -- no taxes charged when staying at SEL Hilton using award.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 7:43 am
In Memoriam

Comments/Thoughts Seoul Hilton

I ran into the F/B Manager of the Seoul Hilton tonight. I told him about Flyertalk and how he can get some insight as to what his "best customers" are saying.

Any thoughts/comments will be appreciated by him when he looks.

thanks

[This message has been edited by underpressure (edited 03-17-2003).]
Old Mar 17, 2003, 7:50 am
In Memoriam

Well, I guess I could have searched before posting....

Sven, click here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005273.html

Old Mar 17, 2003, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
I am staying at the Grand Hilton in Seoul. It is a little bit further away from the city center but I like it better. It is in a less hectic area. Great facilities and is usually cheaper than the Seoul Hilton. It is also the closest hotel to the ICN airport until the Hyatt opens inside the airport.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 11:53 am

Location: Toronto, Canada - Hilton Diamond, NW Platinum, SPG Platinum
try room 1722...stayed 9 times last year in this room as a diamond...
Old Mar 18, 2003, 12:27 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Very nice hotel - generous check out time of 5 PM for Diamonds. Checked in a 3 PM and stayed until 5 PM the next day on an award cert. Upgraded to an executive level room with a great view. Was even allowed to rent a cell phone which was in the room but since I didn't make any calls, I wasn't charged anything.

Feel free to e-mail me with any other questions.

------------------
The FT'er formerly known as ARAWAL

Hilton Diamond, CO Gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.