Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Dad to Rei
Follow up - i did e-mail the hotel, and they came through big time. I assume this is a pretty light weekend (given i got 64k points a night). They upgraded me to an exec harbor view room) and allowed me to check in ~9AM - (this turned out to be critical, as my kid got sick on the cab ride to the hotel) We love it, and so far am thrilled with my stay.

Lounge is great - we were not terribly hungry but lounge was easily enough to make for a light dinner when we just wanted to go to sleep.
Pool is beautiful - but weirdly right next to a restaurant seating area.
Very glad to read the hotel came through for you and you're enjoying your stay. Hope your kid gets better soon.

Having the pool next to a restaurant is actually very common. Sometimes the restaurant is only indoors, so the pool is merely visible through the windows, and other times the restaurant has outdoor tables poolside. People all over the world have watched me swim laps while they enjoy breakfast . At some properties, the buffet line is against the window, so people see me essentially naked, putting in swim ear buds as they pile scrambled eggs on their plates.

The thing I don't like about the Conrad Hong Kong's setup is that the area poolside permits smoking.
Old May 6, 2018, 9:14 pm

What do folks recommend as the best way to get to Conrad from HKG since the shuttle bus doesn't stop at Conrad? There will be two of us. Could we just take an Uber HKG-Conrad or is that a really bad idea? I'm trying to figure out if Airport Express to Hong Kong Station and then MTR from Central to Admiralty is really much quicker, or if we're butter of just sitting in an Uber for roughly the same amount of time.

thanks!
Old May 6, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Ross0
What do folks recommend as the best way to get to Conrad from HKG since the shuttle bus doesn't stop at Conrad? There will be two of us. Could we just take an Uber HKG-Conrad or is that a really bad idea? I'm trying to figure out if Airport Express to Hong Kong Station and then MTR from Central to Admiralty is really much quicker...
I took Airport Express to Hong Kong Station, followed by the MTR to the Conrad a year ago. There is a long, but well marked underground passageway from the Airport Express to the MTR. Existing the MTR, one walks thru a mall (go up a floor) to the mall entrance to the Conrad. Last part isn't well marked, but there is a mall map, I think. I had no trouble. I'd recommend the Express + MTR option to people who are mobile with a single rollerboard.
Old May 6, 2018, 11:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
What do folks recommend as the best way to get to Conrad from HKG since the shuttle bus doesn't stop at Conrad? There will be two of us. Could we just take an Uber HKG-Conrad or is that a really bad idea? I'm trying to figure out if Airport Express to Hong Kong Station and then MTR from Central to Admiralty is really much quicker, or if we're butter of just sitting in an Uber for roughly the same amount of time.

thanks!
Airport Express and then a taxi to the hotel. The taxi costs about $25 HKD (under $4 U.S.). I would not do MTR to Admiralty, too much walking.

For two people, a taxi from the airport will price out not too much higher, but I honestly prefer Airport Express.
Old May 7, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Airport Express and then a taxi to the hotel. The taxi costs about $25 HKD (under $4 U.S.). I would not do MTR to Admiralty, too much walking.

For two people, a taxi from the airport will price out not too much higher, but I honestly prefer Airport Express.
+1 for the Airport Express and Taxi
Old May 7, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
+1 for the Airport Express and Taxi
That is what I do but one of the problems can be the wait for the taxi if you arrive at peak hour. Last week, on Tuesday, we had a 40 minute wait to get to the front of the taxi line in the late afternoon. That was probably excessive but we have had other long waits too. Sort of defeated the advantages of the train to Hong Kong.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond

thanks!
Airport Express from HKG to a cab. You will have to arrange an uber, the cab is likely already there.

I simply followed the signs to the ground transportation, walked out the door and there were cabs in a line. I took the first one. This was a weekday morning during rush hour. It was a little longer because of traffic (but the MTR would be crowded for someone with a suitcase). I think it was $5.

The cab pulls up to the front entrance and someone runs out and takes my bag and I go check in. Easy.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
We take the airport express shuttle to pacific place. When you get off, cross the driveway, and enter the building in front of you. Go to the second floor and turn left into the Conrad. It is 30 seconds from the bus stop.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I just came back from HKG and the shuttle service (#1 I think it was) stopped at Shangri-La, which is right next to the Conrad. Same with the JW - if the shuttle bus stops there you only have to cross the road and you're at the Conrad.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by turtlemichael
That is what I do but one of the problems can be the wait for the taxi if you arrive at peak hour. Last week, on Tuesday, we had a 40 minute wait to get to the front of the taxi line in the late afternoon. That was probably excessive but we have had other long waits too. Sort of defeated the advantages of the train to Hong Kong.
Interesting. Never had this issue regardless of time of arrival, but perhaps I've just been lucky.
Old May 7, 2018, 11:18 am

Seems like the consensus is really the HK express train and then cab. What are the advantages of this over just taking an Uber of taxi straight from airport to hotel? Seems that may be a lot let hassle and about the same time?
Old May 7, 2018, 11:26 am

Seems like the consensus is really the HK express train and then cab. What are the advantages of this over just taking an Uber of taxi straight from airport to hotel? Seems that may be a lot let hassle and about the same time?
Cost, time, especially during rush hours, and generally much more comfortable to sit in a train than in a car.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:00 pm

How come most are suggesting to take HK express and then catch an uber/taxi instead of using the shuttle that can drop off JW/Pacific Palace?

Is it that much of a walk or hassle to navigate through JW/Pacific Palace?

I am traveling with the family to HK in July and also want to know if I should get off HK station and take taxi/uber or use the free shuttle and get off at JW.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Taxi prices are so cheap in Hong Kong that, unless you are on your own and have just a rollerboard, it is just simpler and more efficient to cab it from HK Express. If you have serious luggage, it is a no brainer to cab it.

I have done all the combos except cab from airport--including walking from MTR/Admiralty through the mall. All are acceptable with rollerboard. Sometimes I even cab it when I am on my own. I have never experienced the long wait times though, so check that out I guess in case you arrive during the "rush".
Old May 7, 2018, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Accessing the shuttle bus with large/bulky pieces of luggage can be tricky as the access door is a little narrow with a couple of largish steps up and and the luggage storage area on board can be a little awkward to place large items of luggage. Depending on where you enter Pacific place it can be a little walk with escalators or lifts to get to the Conrad.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.