FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2018, 4:08 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Dad to Rei
Follow up - i did e-mail the hotel, and they came through big time. I assume this is a pretty light weekend (given i got 64k points a night). They upgraded me to an exec harbor view room) and allowed me to check in ~9AM - (this turned out to be critical, as my kid got sick on the cab ride to the hotel) We love it, and so far am thrilled with my stay.

Lounge is great - we were not terribly hungry but lounge was easily enough to make for a light dinner when we just wanted to go to sleep.
Pool is beautiful - but weirdly right next to a restaurant seating area.
Very glad to read the hotel came through for you and you're enjoying your stay. Hope your kid gets better soon.

Having the pool next to a restaurant is actually very common. Sometimes the restaurant is only indoors, so the pool is merely visible through the windows, and other times the restaurant has outdoor tables poolside. People all over the world have watched me swim laps while they enjoy breakfast . At some properties, the buffet line is against the window, so people see me essentially naked, putting in swim ear buds as they pile scrambled eggs on their plates.

The thing I don't like about the Conrad Hong Kong's setup is that the area poolside permits smoking.