Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Munich Park {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2001, 8:12 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Arrow Hilton Munich Park {DEU}

I am a Hilton Diamond member and have never redeemed points. So forgive my ignorance. I will be staying at The Hilton Munich Park Hilton at the beginning of Ocotober. I have reserved 3 rooms to accomodate my family. If available will they upgrade all 3 rooms or only mine?

How is the hotel since the renovation I read about on the web site? How are the staff?

Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2001, 5:14 am

Stayed there in April on an award. I had also been there before the renovation.

It was nice, and the location is beautiful. The rooms seemed (to me) to be about as they were before the renovation.

I did get an upgrade (I'm Gold), but had to surrender one of the "upgrade certificates". Apparently the desk clerk was unaware of the "automatic" upgrade rule for Gold/Diamond VIPs, or wasn't aware it applied to award stays as well as paid stays. I had an extra certificate with me, so it didn't bother me.

Other than that, the staff was great! The lounge is also nice - pleasant view plus breakfast and free beverages and snacks in the evening.

All in all, I'd definitely recommend it, and would probably stay there again next time I'm in the area.

Sorry, I can't answer your question about whether all three rooms would upgrade.

[This message has been edited by Counsellor (edited 07-08-2001).]
Old Jul 9, 2001, 12:19 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Beginning of October... makes me think of the Oktoberfest... if you're staying during that time, I would forget about it. Many of the premium rooms will be booked already (and being paid for) - so the amount of upgrades will be low.
Just my thoughts... anyways, GOOD LUCK! It does not hurt to try.
Old Jul 10, 2001, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Nice property in a quiet enclave away from the hustle of the city. On weekends, the public transit bus does not do its run through this mainly office district [stop is across from hotel], so it is a 5-minute walk to either a bus or tram stop. As a Gold, I was not upgraded to an Executive Floor room, nor offered any breakfast vouchers though.
Old Jul 15, 2001, 9:37 pm

Stayed there late October last year.
Nice Hotel. As Gold VIP, I was upgraded to a larger room on Executive floor with lounge access.
Separate Check-in on the 16th floor for Gold VIPs and above.

enjoy!

AndrewM
Old Jul 16, 2001, 7:20 am

I stayed at the Berlin Hilton last week. I was traveling with the boss and he was upgraded along with me. We didn't have to ask, it was all cleared ahead of time. Perhaps this will work in Munich as well. Good luck.
Old Jul 16, 2001, 8:58 am

I stayed there in August '99 for the total solar eclipse. Unfortunately, clouds obscured the sun at the last minute.

Renovations had closed the exec. floor and lounge. We received nothing for being gold and we were overcharged for breakfast. Also, I had to prove the rate I had reserved, which was one of those world-of-savings things that I think they still run. I also got cheated out of some points, but I can't remember the details.

Hhonors customer service did respond to my complaints with some bonus points.

All that said, I might stay there again just for the location. It is quiet, yet there are a few very nice restaurants within walking distance. Also, there is a very nice beer garden a short walk away in the park.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 1:28 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just got back from my stay at the Hilton Munich Park. I had 3 rooms paid for with points. They upgraded us all to the business floor. They also have an executive floor. I am not sure what the difference was. The business floor was the top guest floor in this hotel. The rooms were quite large and were nicely decorated. Even numbered rooms have the better view. The staff was very helpful and accomodating. The lounge was very pleasant. Continental breakfast was complimentary, though you could order from a menu for hot american food items if you would like. This was a good deal considering you are only paying for the hot food items, and not all the extras. After traveling through Europe for 2 weeks we ended our trip in Munich for Oktoberfest. I needed some pancakes and syrup. Two orders of pancakes and two orders of bacon was 11 Euros. Not a bad deal considering it was served to me with linen table cloths and napkins in the lounge. The lounge was really great. I would highly recomend booking a business floor if you aren't statused with Hilton. The free bottles of Evian and "Coke Light" made it worth it's benefit. The first night they left a fruit basket and a tray of chocolates with a large bottle of Evian on the coffee table in each room. I am diamond but really didn't expect such good treatment for all three rooms. I would definitly staff here again. I don't know what it looked like before the renovation but it seemed new and well maintained to me.

------------------
Rachel
CO - Platinum
Hilton - Diamond
SPG - Platinum
Old Oct 15, 2001, 2:56 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Good to know you enjoyed your stay here in Munich
Old Oct 17, 2001, 7:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
I also had a great experience there last December. I got a special weekend rate on the executive floor where the lounge is located. Great breakfest buffet and snacks; great staff; and great location. Tram was a short walk (5 mins. maybe) and it ran well after midnight. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there agian.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 5:47 pm

Munschen Park Hotel--very nice !

Recent stay at the Park was very nice. Very nice Executive Club and service, food, drinks therein. Very serene an peaceful location--especially for large city.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 10:35 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
The Munich City Hilton, the other Munich property, is also nice and located above a U-Bahn station-- though no Executive Lounge (drinks and breakfast vouchers provided).
Old Jul 15, 2002, 3:06 pm
DJC

Programs: AC - Super Elite, AA - Platinum, DL - Basic, HHonors - Gold, SPG - Platinum, Fairmont - Gold
Park Hilton - Munich

I'm staying at the Park Hilton in Munich and get into MUC at about 22:30 in the evening. I was hoping to take the S-Bahn into town and then find a cab to take me the rest of the way - does anybody have any suggestions as to where would be the best place to alight and find a taxi? Alternatively, any other suggestions as to how to get to the hotel?

Thanks,

David
Old Jul 15, 2002, 3:11 pm

David - the S-Bahn to/from the airport basically runs all night long, so you should not have any problems to get into the city.

With regards to getting a taxicab for the last portion to the hotel (rather than taking the Strassenbahn) - they are readily avaiable at most S-Bahn and U-Bahn stations in the city center...
Old Jul 15, 2002, 4:24 pm

Another alternative is to take an airline bus from MUC to the train station (hauptbahnof?). I think it cost 8-10 dollars or marks, can't remember. Of course its Euros now. This was recommended to me by a local because its a little bit quicker and easier if you have luggage. I think they call it the Lufthansa bus but anyone can take it. A cab from the airport would be expensive--at least $60. The trainstation is centrally located and a cab to the park would be minimal.

I did travel on teh U-bahn in Munich and found it easy to use, clean, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.