Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Munich Park {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
The hotel is in the same ownership as the Munich City Hilton which is undergoing substantial refurbishment at te moment. I doubt they will want to do the same at the Munich Park until they have recouped some of their expenditure.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by aysoo
I am not aware the property is closing down
Guestroom lacks a drip coffee maker, so naturally management must have sold it off in preparation for pending property closure. Talk about a bewildering leap in logic!

Originally Posted by Truffles
The hotel is in the same ownership as the Munich City Hilton which is undergoing substantial refurbishment at te moment. I doubt they will want to do the same at the Munich Park until they have recouped some of their expenditure.
Not to mention that Hilton Munich Park guestrooms were refurbished just a few years ago.
Grog and SPBanker like this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Konismarck
Albert is my name, and travel the world is my game.

I began my passion for travel at a very young age, I am 18 yrs old now and started this website as strong means to further explore the world of frequent flyers programs (FFP).
Looks like you were not given any upgrade, even in an empty hotel on New Years Day. Was it because of your status or attitude?
Grog likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:46 pm

Next time consider the Munich City Hilton. Easy Subway ride from the airport with an entrance to the hotel directly from the subway station.
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Please elaborate on your meaning behind "without a trace of human habitation". You, yourself, have said you met a family in the executive lounge.

In any case, it's the Christmas / New Years holidays--a business hotel doesn't see a lot of activity during this time. But if it's true there were no other guests besides you (and apparently also the family), exactly how much food did you feel needed to be presented all day long in the executive lounge?
ChinaShrek likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:35 pm

This is one of the stranger things I have ever read on FT...

OP seems to have a very strong misalignment of expectations. Pays 30 Euro less than the cost of an airport hotel and apparently expects a five-star property. Picks a place in the middle of a park and expects a thriving urban scene. Picks literally the deadest possible week of the year for a hotel and expects it to be bumping. Goes into the lounge at a time that clearly isn't during meal hours and expects a meal and cocktails.

I was at this property right around Christmas and it was perfectly fine. Unlike the OP, I didn't sit in my room bemoaning the lack of a coffeemaker and critiquing the shape of the sink; I took a shower, got all the espresso drinks I wanted in the lounge, and hit the Christmas markets and beer halls. It was a great deal at less than 30k points/night. The lounge served a big spread each night, including all the alcohol you could desire between the standard hours of 18:00-20:30 or so. Yes, the fridge is otherwise locked. And if the OP is sad about the lack of "human habitation", I'd advise him to be careful what he wishes for - when I was there, the crowds in the lounge were enough to pick the place clean and the staff were doing double-time just trying to keep things stocked.

If you know what a property offers and align expectations appropriately, you're likely to have a much better time - at this property, or any other for that matter.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
Several Hilton properties in Germany don't have a coffee machines in the rooms but intant coffee powder and a kettle.
Hilton Strassbourg too and never had
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:57 pm

OP doesn't research transport options before stay: it's the hotel's fault.

OP doesn't know what a kettle is: the hotel is closing down.

OP doesn't know how a club lounge works: it's the worst club ever.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:03 am
jxd

Oh really..

Looks like OP has extremely high standards.. Another 4/10 review https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...ty-centre.html

Last edited by jxd; Jan 16, 2018 at 2:10 am
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Read the OP's other posts - more strange reviews, and promoting his blog.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yep, this is plain blogspam with the clickbaity topics...
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Sunrise, surprise. I have benefited many times from FTers' contributions. And I was never that much bewildered when reading OP's drama post. I must have missed the point.
Aside from a painfully snooty and careless (head)waiter at breakfast during my repeated stays here there is nothing to blame this hotel for. Excellent customer service, well staffed and well appointed executive lounge during cocktail hours and breakfast.
Grog and hugolover like this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
I love this property. Have always been treated very well as an HH Diamond member. Park is lovely for a run in summertime. lovely swimming pool and sauna area. The executive lounge has a tranquil atmosphere and Ive always found the lounge offering at cocktail time outstanding
Grog likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
I must confirm the OP's assessment.
Just stayed here. Pool was closed 1600-1640 yesterday due to children's swimmingclass. Shows they are moving away from hotel business and likely to close the accomodation part of their operation soon.

Can also confirm that outside happy hour the lounge offering is less impressive than during happy hour (when I found it to be really good!).

😉
lss250 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
I liked your pictures.
treppenlaeufer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.