Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Munich Park {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2023, 9:02 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
What do you want to know ?
There is a note saying lounge is in the Tivoli Pavillion. Is this usual place or a temporary setup for some reason?

How are they with upgrades? Anything in particular to push for? Deluxe and Exec room look just the same except lounge access (which I have as Diamond)?
Old Aug 23, 2023, 12:26 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Upgrade are typically from a Standard to an Executive room with Park view, so not an upgrade effectively.
The lounge is not in the pavilion anymore. It is not worth a visit anyway, it is small room with junk food during happy hour.
lcylocal likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:41 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Just finished a three night stay here and enjoyed it.

Plus points:

- breakfast, I enjoyed the pretzels, cooked to order eggs, Nuremberger sausages, pancakes, smoked salmon, cured ham and something I’ve never seen before, a fresh nut cream machine.
- upgraded to King Exec park view from base category. It’s a good size room with Nespresso, robes etc.
- staff were excellent, for example proactively offered us an umbrella when we were heading out and rain was forecast. Quickly came back to messages in the app etc.
- public transport is worse than Hilton City but there is still a bus every ten mins that stops right outside and the tram stop is a ten minute walk, so still good
- short walk to the Englischer Garten and Chinesischen Turm.
- swimming pool and sauna
- good selection of local beers in the lounge

Minus points:
- the bathrooms are old fashioned and some of the grout was blackened
- the showers in the pool need modernising
- the pool is small
- the lounge was very busy in happy hour and the food was limited: soup, bread, cheese, some small cold dishes, crisps. There was a wide drinks selection though but I mainly stick to the beer.
- lounge doesn’t open until noon

I would stay again at the right price (this one was €120/night).
Abidjan likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Oktoberfest 2024

I am thinking of booking a room here for Oktoberfest 2024. Rates are high (~330 Euro per night) as they are throughout the city at this time. We would probably only go to the Oktoberfest for one out of the 4 days we'll be staying. It looks like a U-bahn stop that goes there is only a ~20 min walk, and I like the proximity to the Englisher Garten and the Old City. Am I crazy paying that much for this hotel? Also, only have Gold status so we're technically only eligible for continental breakfast - or do they provide full breakfast for Golds?
Old Nov 20, 2023, 12:48 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Yes I would not pay that much considering the hotel general quality, even for Oktoberfest.
You will have full breakfast, as is common in Europe.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mangoMan
I am thinking of booking a room here for Oktoberfest 2024. Rates are high (~330 Euro per night) as they are throughout the city at this time. We would probably only go to the Oktoberfest for one out of the 4 days we'll be staying. It looks like a U-bahn stop that goes there is only a ~20 min walk, and I like the proximity to the Englisher Garten and the Old City. Am I crazy paying that much for this hotel? Also, only have Gold status so we're technically only eligible for continental breakfast - or do they provide full breakfast for Golds?
330 EUR does not seem that high for either of the Munich Hilton's during Oktoberfest, especially if you're staying over a weekend.

If you want to stay in Munich during this time it's just going to cost more, has always been the case.

If the 330 EUR is a flexible rate then I wouldn't hesitate to lock that in now. But definitely check the cancellation policy, as many/most rates during that time can be completely non-refundable (even award bookings).

I've been in Munich twice over the past week and last week something was going on and both the Park and City were over 400 EUR a night, FYI.
arlflyer likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
330 EUR does not seem that high for either of the Munich Hilton's during Oktoberfest, especially if you're staying over a weekend.

If you want to stay in Munich during this time it's just going to cost more, has always been the case.

If the 330 EUR is a flexible rate then I wouldn't hesitate to lock that in now.
I agree that this does not strike me as unreasonable. To be honest I would have presumed that properties, especially global chain ones, would book up fully (even if speculative reservations) as soon as the window of Oktoberfest booking dates opened, so this is a pleasant surprise to me. Any convention in a big city will drive prices much higher than $350 US easily, so that price for such a global event seems very modest.

Taking a look at the Oktoberfest 2024 dates for the property in the flexible date booking search, it looks like EUR 330 is for cancelation up to 14 days in advance; still very reasonable for this far out. If it is an option for the OP, property also is bookable for 70k points / night (which again strikes me as very fair) for all Oktoberfest dates except for one single odd mid-week date where only super premium rooms are available.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Just to follow up, I did book a 4 night stay at an average rate of 343 Euro per night. This was the cheapest rate that I could still cancel for free (up to 14 days in advance). At least we have this locked in and we can always cancel if we find something better or our plans change. Thanks all!
arlflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.