Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Munich Park {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015, 5:03 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Three more cents to add:
- breakfast in executive lounge: they set tables with (linen) napkins which makes it more comfortable and pleasant (at least for me, I was impressed)
- it is an approx. 6' walk to the tram stop (without luggage)
Old Mar 25, 2016, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How long is the walk to the train station or Marienplatz?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:51 am

The next subway station is about a 2km walk across "Englischer Garten" either to "Giselastraße" or "Universität", both stops on the U3/U6 lines. From there it would be another 2 (Uni) or 3 (Giselastraße) stops by subway to Marienplatz.
Walking directly to Marienplatz should be a 30-45min walk, somewhere in the vicinity of 3 to 4km depending on your route. It is a rather nice walk though because it takes you through "Englischer Garden" and you also pass directly by or nearby spots like "Eisbach", maybe the worlds most famous river surf spot, Hofgarten, Haus der Kunst, Residenz München, Bayerische Staatskanzlei and others.

But there should also be a bus stop very close to the Hilton (pretty much in front of the hotel), that stops at Giselastraße. So that bus should take you to Giselastraße within ~5min plus another 5min to Marienplatz taking the subway line U3/U6, which should be stopping at that station pretty much every 5min during daytime.
And I am not 100% sure, but there should also be a nearby tram station which should give you further connections to city centre, even though not directly to Marienplatz and not running as frequently. But since I almost never used the tram myself, I cant really tell you anything about that.

Last edited by SR12; Mar 26, 2016 at 1:02 am
Old Mar 26, 2016, 9:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Whenever I can I choose the Munich Park over the City one - there may be more life around the latter, but I find the Park's hard product and proximity to the Englischer Garten plus the resulting views preferable. The walk across Englischer Garten is nice indeed (I'll do it most mornings to/from work when in Munich), and the 54 bus runs every 10 mins to connect with the U-Bahn. The tram also runs every 10mins during the day.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:12 am

Just finished an unimpressive two nights here, although some of my perspective may be colored by my mostly US based stay patterns.

Booked for three people (king plus roll away) and the "roll away" turned out to just be a sheet and short duvet thown over a very short cheze lounge. My 15 year old was about a 1/2 meeter too tall for this setup.

Room cleanliness was not great on arrival, several items were left under the bed from the last guests.

Breakfast, while extensive, was pretty low quality

Finally the wifi was unreliable and, when working, slow.

Despite that the location is very good and I loved Munich but I'll probably try the city property next time.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:51 am

The quality of the breakfast is quite low for a few years now already - quite disappointing considering the fantastic selection of bread the germans offer for example, cheese selection very simple and cheap, same for the ham and "wurst". Best are the pretzels and the weisswurst. Also very disappointing at this property, mostly young service personnel that just started their work practice - disorganized and simple not fit to run such a busy breakfast shift. And management doesn't care.
Also found used towels on the bathroom door hook from previous guest...
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Planning one night stay; arriving with car.
2 adults + one infant. I am gold.
Infant will sleep with us or will bring her bed. In the booking process will be enough to select just the two adults, right?

How is handled breakfast for gold?

Thanks
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Stayed at this hotel in September for a family vacation. Overall experience is good. When we arrived and checked in, the room was pretty well prepared for us with 2 double beds and one roll-away bed. Lounge is small but food and drive during evening hours are good. We were allowed to have breakfast in the main restaurant due to diamond status. I am not a big breakfast eater but I think the food is okay. Breakfast in the lounge is much simpler though. We parked our car on the street outside the the hotel (free parking) and took bus/subway to the city.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Am here now.
Upgraded to executive room on 12. Floor.

I think the evening offerings in the lounge are perfectly fine.
Warm food: falafel and chicken sticks.
Vegetables for make-yourself salad: tomatoes, cucumber, different sorts of lettuce.
Serrano ham.
Bread and a selection of cheeses.
Dessert and cakes.
Red wine, white wine, and German sparkling wine.
Gin, whisky, rum, and vodka (and the mixers - ginger ale, tonic water, bitter lemon).
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:40 am

Any chance someone knows the current lounge opening hours?
Thank you.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:19 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Stay Report: Hilton Munich Park (without a trace of human habitation)

Last edited by Konismarck; Jun 3, 2018 at 10:07 am
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
It sounds as though the hotel was understandably quiet the first week of the New Year.

I've stayed at Hilton Munich Park several times and had no complaints about the guestrooms (outdated bathroom tiles aside), executive lounge, or service. As for your specific observations:
  • In my experience, many European hotels equip guestrooms with an electric kettle and instant coffee rather than a drip machine.
  • I've always found the executive lounge well stocked and serviced by European Hilton standards. Considering that the wine refrigerator was locked, perhaps you visited before/after the published evening reception hours?
  • Public transportation to/from MUC is simple and inexpensive, but no one would reasonably suggest this property as an alternative to an airport hotel.
Hilton Munich Park is not perfect, of course, but if you feel it warrants just a 3 out of 10, I fear your standards are impossibly high.
Grog, SPBanker and redadeco like this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:45 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by MS02113
It sounds as though the hotel was understandably quiet the first week of the New Year.

I've stayed at Hilton Munich Park several times and had no complaints about the guestrooms (outdated bathroom tiles aside), executive lounge, or service. As for your specific observations:
  • In my experience, many European hotels equip guestrooms with an electric kettle and instant coffee rather than a drip machine.
  • I've always found the executive lounge well stocked and serviced by European Hilton standards. Considering that the wine refrigerator was locked, perhaps you visited before/after the published evening reception hours?
  • Public transportation to/from MUC is simple and inexpensive, but no one would reasonably suggest this property as an alternative to an airport hotel.
Hilton Munich Park is not perfect, of course, but if you feel it warrants just a 3 out of 10, I fear your standards are impossibly high.
My thoughts and experiences exactly. Oh, the hotel is right next to a huge park, but OP's window was facing the opposite direction.
Crampedin13A and Grog like this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
I am not aware the property is closing down

during lounge hours there normally are several salads, chicken satee and other snack served, as well as alcohol. The time should be 18:30-20.00 or some5ing
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
SPBanker likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.