Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Munich Park {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
I stayed here for two nights during Oktoberfest and had no complaints. Also, the nearby park is beautiful. I had actually heard that this property is better than the Hilton Munich City,
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:39 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Saidoh
I stayed here for two nights during Oktoberfest and had no complaints. Also, the nearby park is beautiful. I had actually heard that this property is better than the Hilton Munich City,
I think so. Both rooms and EL are better in Park.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I have always had great stays in this property and have been treated well. Plus the EL was renovated last spring. Also in the nice weather months the short walk to Chinesischer Turm is just perfect. The City beats it on location to the S Bahn but in no other way

Last edited by Crampedin13A; Feb 17, 2018 at 8:11 am
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The El has quite a decent spread of food and Booze, if you come at the actual hours that they are served, much like every other decent EL in the World. At other times you are generally looking at soft drinks and maybe nuts, chips, apples and bananas or even.........gummy bears. Pretty standard everywhere on earth. Regarding the rest of it, it is possibly the worst written hotel review I have ever read, because it has no perspective.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Was hoping for a NOR1 suite upgrade offer but I didn’t see one. I assume that’s because they don’t participate?

Anyone with success negotiating a paid upgrade at a price like a NOR1 cost?
Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:47 pm

Does anyone have more information on this hotel's alleged closure? Sehr schade, if true.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by puchong
Does anyone have more information on this hotel's alleged closure? Sehr schade, if true.
The hotel is not closing. That notion was a figment of a delusional guest's imagination.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Flyingboy200
I love this property. Have always been treated very well as an HH Diamond member. Park is lovely for a run in summertime. lovely swimming pool and sauna area. The executive lounge has a tranquil atmosphere and Ive always found the lounge offering at cocktail time outstanding
Thanks for the encouriging words? Have you gotten suite upgrades as Diamond?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Stayed here last summer, really enjoyed it. LOVED the park, the beer garden in the park. Ate there most nights. (July stay). Does anyone know what the operating months are for the beer garden? My sister will be in Munich in May, I recommend this hotel to her, but may have her change if the beer garden isn't open.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The beergarden at the 'Chinesischer Turm' opens based on the weather forecast. if its expected to be sunny it will be open.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:08 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The beergarden at the 'Chinesischer Turm' opens based on the weather forecast. if its expected to be sunny it will be open.
Also Christmas market when it's time for that! Ah, some Glühwein would feel good right now...
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:30 pm

I don’t see NOR1 options for suite upgrades here. Anyone have a experience asking about confirming one for an upcharge? ((particularly if the upcharge isn’t just the difference in room rates)
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:02 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by beachfan
I don’t see NOR1 options for suite upgrades here. Anyone have a experience asking about confirming one for an upcharge? ((particularly if the upcharge isn’t just the difference in room rates)
I've heard that that is what properties that are about to close do; right after they remove the coffeemakers they stop offering NOR1 upgrades.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:12 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Not sure why so many seem to think the hotel is closing

While it started from someone’s impressions, there’s no evidence that the hotel is closing or about to close. Unless you have concrete information directly from the hotel or from Hilton, please try to refrain from making guesses about the situation.
Thanks.
squeakr
co mod HH
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:18 am

A Tripadvisor report, otherwise glowing, said that the bed was a mattress only, no box spring. Can anyone please confirm or refute that?

I was switching from Le Meridien because they are often platform beds (as well as other reasons).

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.