Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001
Paula Deens is an overhyped, crowded, noisy buffet with mass produced, greasy food. Total tourist trap! I'm probably one of the people who gave it a lousy review on TA.

As for hotels, the Desoto is nice, and the Hampton Inn is actually one of the better properties in Savannah. A Hampton with valet parking? Yup...

If you're not insistant on staying right in town, you might consider the brand new Embassy Suites over by the airport. That place is fantastic.
About the comment on valet parking at the Hampton Inn, I am assuming you mean the Hampton Inn on Bay Street as there are several Hampton's in Savannah. Anyway, the same two guys that own that Hampton also own the Mulberry Inn which is flagged a Holiday Inn, also on Bay Street. It is located in the old Coca Cola Bottling Plant and like the Hampton Inn with valet parking, this Holiday Inn has to be one of the best HI's in the United States. Those guys also own the newer Holiday Inn Express on Bay St between their Hampton Inn and the Mulberry Inn's. Those 3 properties are 3 of the better hotels in Savannah. ^
Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed at DeSoto last month. Had corner room with great view of old town. Far enough away from River Street to be free of drunk college kids, but close enough for a brisk walk. Breakfast was comped as a gold and had a wonderful breakfast buffet with eggs, omelette station, salmon, bagels, meats, etc. Would stay at again.
Old May 16, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Question Any updated?

Any updated/Recent Info?

I want to use a point stretcher and the only one is the Hampton Inn @ Brunswick. I am going to the beach with kids, but do not mind staying 15mi from beach, that will be 15miles closer to home when we leave.

Thanks in advance,
Jwhuffman
Old May 16, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Gold
Not sure about locations in regards to the Island - But Ive stayed at both Hamptons in Brunswick GA and the one that is the "Inn and Suites" is brand new, with much larger rooms and a better overall accommodations than the other HI.
Old May 17, 2011, 6:34 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
The ES Brunswick is a nice property. In a weird location though. Attached directly to a mall with exit doors that dump you right into the mall.

I think the best experience in that area is going to the next island down - Jekyll Island - and staying at the new Hampton Inn/Suites there. That is one outstanding property
Old May 18, 2011, 12:21 pm

Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick, GA!

Hi to my lovely Hilton Honors members!
I just wanted to let you know that you are always welcome to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick! We offer great amenities at a great price! Please feel to contact me if you need additional information on our great property.
Warm regards,
Robyn Crooks
[email protected]
Old May 19, 2011, 12:14 am

My wife and I recently stayed for one night at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Brunswick. Here is a quick review (as well as my first post):

I usually stay with SPG (Plat) and do not have any status with HH. Booked an AAA rate which was about the same price as the other HI in Brunswick, but a decent savings compared to the HI on St. Simons Island.

Hotel is conveniently located off the highway, but it's a good 25 minutes from St Simons and Sea Island. The immediate surrounding area is a couple other motel/hotels, a shooting range, a bar/restaurant and a couple gas stations. During the day it seemed fine, but at night the bar/restaurant parking lot was a bit rowdy and there were quite a few pickups peeling down the street (it was a weekend night). I walked to one of the gas stations to get a couple bottles of waters at night and probably wouldn't do it again.

The hotel itself is on the newer side. The rooms were pretty standard and comfortable, though the bathroom only had a shower (not a problem for us) and the tv reception wasn't the greatest. The breakfast area looked new and there were plenty of open tables.

I guess my only gripe about the place would be the following: we arrived early around 1:30pm and when we walked in, a younger girl was working the front desk. She was chatting it up with a couple friends and only acknowledged us after a minute of standing there with a somewhat snarled, "What's up?". My wife and I are in our late 20s, so maybe we look young enough to address so informally, but I was taken aback by the lack of professionalism. She abruptly told us our room wouldn't be ready until 3pm at the earliest and went right back to chatting with her friends. We came back at 3:30pm and while our room still wasn't ready, a different woman was working the desk by then and was MUCH friendlier. I later learned that check-in at this location is 4pm, while the other HI is 3pm. Maybe someone with status would have better luck checking in early, but something to take into consideration.

Overall, we had a pleasant overnight stay apart from our check-in experience, but with so many competing hotels in the immediate area, I was surprised by the lack of professionalism by this one employee. I would probably stay again if the price was right, but if you're planning to spend time at the beach, you might be better off at one of the hotels on St Simons or Sea Island to avoid that 25 minute drive each way.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:15 pm

Thumbs down Hampton Inn Savannah

I booked a room in Savannah from 10-3 to 10/6 There were several of last minute changes made by my boss which I relayed to Hilton on several phone calls. I ccancelled amy previous reservations and they said I did not. They are charging me for an extra room on 10/5 even though I was staying at there hotel. The hotel was rude and told me it was my fault even though I had spoken to Hilton and the woman on the line took care of everything. Now I recieved a bill of $107.95 on my citi mastercard. The hotel is refusing to refund my money so is charging me for a second room even though I was staying there at the time. I want to discontinue my membership with Hilton. I will never ever stay with hilton again. The Hampton Inn in Savannah is dirty the computers are old and the key boards stick and your staff is unwilling to admit they made a mistake. How come when they looked up my name at the hotel I was never told about a second reservation? This was an unpleasent surprise.Customer service was not a help.Debra Conaway
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:28 pm

If your communication with the hotel was similar to the attitude, spelling, and grammar exhibited in your post, then it should be no surprise if things didn't go well.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
I would invoke the 100% satisfaction guarantee, and tell them you're not 100% satisfied that they didn't cancel your second reservation when requested. Did you happen to get a cancellation number?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 3:50 pm

Well...

I actually really liked my last stay at the Hampton Inn in Savannah. I do think there is a valuable lesson in always getting the cancellation notice by email to keep as a copy.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Debconaway
I ccancelled amy previous reservations and they said I did not... The hotel was rude and told me it was my fault even though I had spoken to Hilton and the woman on the line took care of everything.
If you cancelled the reservations as you say, you were given cancellation numbers to prove it, which ought to settle this.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Welcome to FT. ^ Stick around after this slightly rocky start and you'll find it an invaluable resource.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 1:02 am

Programs: UA Primier Gold, DL nada, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum
Just down the road, I've had employees really go out of their way for me several times at the Hampton Inn Hinesville, GA. Sorry for your difficult trip.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: DL, BA, AA, UA, HHonors, PC
Which one? I95 N?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.