Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by wharvey
I was looking at walking distances and looks like the ES is about 10 minutes from things... is that true? We will be tourists... got trolley passes for two days... an evening walking ghost tour... and evening at Club One.
A 10 minute walk will get you well into the Historic District and if you are taking the bus to Savannah the Greyhound Station is directly across the street.
Old May 15, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
I second the Hampton Inn. It's right across from the River Street activities, and only a few blocks from the Market. Very close to Olde Pink House, which I also recommend visiting the tavern. In addition, don't forget you can take your drinks to go in Savannah!
Old May 15, 2014, 12:09 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I just checked on availability for next weekend; changed overnight... here is what is available:

Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District

Doubletree Savannah Historic District

Hilton Savannah Desoto

Hampton Inns and Suites Savannah Historic District

Embassy Suites Savannah
Old May 15, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat , HH Diamond , IHG Spire
I stayed at the Hilton Desoto last November..As a diamond , I received a free breakfast coupon, but wasn't offered a room upgrade.
Old May 16, 2014, 4:13 pm

If you want to be in the middle of the Historic District, then The Desoto Hilton is your best bet as it is smack dab in the middle of the Historic District. That said, many of the other properties are fine also as Savannah is an easy walking town. Don't miss a tour of Jim Williams home (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil book) in the Historic District.
Old May 17, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM+, HHonors, Amtrak GuestRewards
Faced with this decision a year or so ago, I decided a good part of visiting Savannah would be to stay in a hotel that felt more place-specific--so I avoided the Hilton properties and instead stayed at the Marshall House, which had a big comfortable room, creaky wooden hallway floors, and was close to everything (& just across the street from Leopold's Ice Cream... *swoon*).

Savannah, like a number of Southern cities, offers the opportunity for something other than the standard hotel experience--why not take advantage to enjoy something beautiful and with a strong sense of place?
Old May 17, 2014, 7:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Hayden
Savannah, like a number of Southern cities, offers the opportunity for something other than the standard hotel experience--why not take advantage to enjoy something beautiful and with a strong sense of place?
Because one cannot earn points/miles! Quit posing as an FT member. We know you're an impostor!
Old May 17, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bigbuy
If you want to be in the middle of the Historic District, then The Desoto Hilton is your best bet as it is smack dab in the middle of the Historic District. That said, many of the other properties are fine also as Savannah is an easy walking town. Don't miss a tour of Jim Williams home (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil book) in the Historic District.
Smack dab is not quite how I remember the Hilton Desoto's location from two visits to Savannah. I stayed at the Hampton Inn Historic District (which is called that because it's smack dab in the middle of the historic district). I remember walking by the Hilton and thinking that's it was just a bit too far away from the river and all the activity by the river.
Old May 19, 2014, 8:35 am

I have a points reservation for the Hilton Garden Inn...

Checking right now... the Hampton Inn and Hilton Desoto just released points rooms this morning...

What to do?
Old May 19, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wharvey
I have a points reservation for the Hilton Garden Inn...

Checking right now... the Hampton Inn and Hilton Desoto just released points rooms this morning...

What to do?
All three are within walking distance of the major attractions, but the best free breakfast option is in the HGI, IMO. The last time I stayed at the DeSoto they waived parking for Diamonds, so that might be another factor. Although that was a few years ago so you would want to verify that with the property.
Old May 19, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by walttom
Smack dab is not quite how I remember the Hilton Desoto's location from two visits to Savannah. I stayed at the Hampton Inn Historic District (which is called that because it's smack dab in the middle of the historic district). I remember walking by the Hilton and thinking that's it was just a bit too far away from the river and all the activity by the river.
Hilton has five hotels with Historic District in the name and they can't all be named because they are in the middle if it. If the Hampton Inn were smack dab in the middle it would make the historic district only two blocks wide. I agree the Desoto will likely be a distance from many places you would want to walk to but it actually is in the middle:

http://access-savannah.com/maphistoric.htm

Last edited by BrlDsguise; May 19, 2014 at 1:15 pm
Old May 19, 2014, 11:40 am

Amazing how they all use "Historic District"........
Old May 19, 2014, 11:44 am

I guess we will just stay with the Hilton Garden Inn - Historic District.

Anyone know the email address of the hotel? Would like to remind them that I am Diamond to see if that helps on an upgrade.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM+, HHonors, Amtrak GuestRewards
Originally Posted by controller1
Because one cannot earn points/miles! Quit posing as an FT member. We know you're an impostor!
Good catch! That was my impersonation of the "evil hayden" from episode 23 in season 4. I meant to say "hey, did you hear about that double points promo?"
Old May 20, 2014, 12:24 pm

Any thoughts on how to get general manager or hotel email address? I tried calling... and they would not give me one. GGGGrrrr...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.