Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2001, 12:11 am
Rob
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Any suggestions on a Hilton/Hampton Inn for one night in Savanaugh?

------------------
Old Dec 28, 2001, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Hilton Properties in Atlanta and Columbus, GA

The search for Hilton and Atlanta was not really satisfying, so I just like to get some more comments about the 4 Hiltons in Atlanta and the one in Columbus.

I am in Atlanta in early February and would like to have at least 3 stays for the current LH/Hilton promo.

On the day of arrival ( Jan 31st )the Airport Hilton has rooms for USD 139, do they normally get cheaper a few days in advance or is it a good rate for a Thursday ?? What about the DT Club, ES or the two Hamptons ?

I think about staying in Columbus on Sunday and leaving on Monday morning.What about the traffic on I 185 and 85 ??

Thanks for your input and have a peaceful and happy 2002 !!

Old Dec 28, 2001, 6:04 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Two weeks ago I stayed at the ATL Airport Hilton on a Thursday night, at a corporate rate (and we're a bigggg account) of $125. I'd say $139 isn't bad as a transient rate.

Hotel isn't too awful, either.
Old Dec 29, 2001, 12:03 pm

Airport Hilton is pretty ok- watch when your in ATL starting 2.8.02-2.11.02 the NAHB show is in town- I got quoted a rate of $125.00 for 2.7.02 and then $349.00 for 2.8.02 thru 2.11.02!!
There is a super nice (really) Hampton Inn and Suites on 400 up near Buckhead that honors upgrades and the drive in the morning isn't too bad either.
Do yourself a favor- In Columbus, don't stay at the Hilton, they just built a brand new Hampton Inn and Suites (I think it's HI -North) and they treat you right. As a diamond you get front row diamond parking (Only place I've ever seen with this) and very nice two room upgrade.
Hope it helps
Old Dec 29, 2001, 3:49 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Stayed at the Doubletree Club in February and was satisfied with the property and the price.

Look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001464.html for some other discussion.

[This message has been edited by cblaisd (edited 12-29-2001).]
Old Dec 30, 2001, 6:23 am

On SideStep the Embassy Suites is showing $134 , the Doubletree Club $109. (the Doubletree drops to $69, the ES to $98 for Friday night) My choice would be the Embassy Suites, very nice property and with the complimentary reception and breakfast a decent deal. The Doubletree Club is nice, but limited services, no real restaurant just a Le Bon Pain in the lobby. I have had problems with their Airport Shuttle in the past, never coming, one time a Marriott shuttle driver took pity on us and dropped us off.
Cindi
Old Dec 31, 2001, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive
I travel to Atlanta frequently as my boss is in Alpharetta. Rates at the aiport Hilton vary greatly. I assume it depends on what is in town. I've paid as little as $99, but sometimes they want a minimum of $175.

I also stay at the Doubletree Club. Both hotels are quite nice. I'd go with whichever has the best rate. They are both very close to the airport.

------------------
AS MVP Gold, UA PremEx, HHonors Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Old Dec 31, 2001, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive
Forgot to mention the Hilton downtown. It was fairly recently redone and isn't bad at all. However, you will have to pay for parking there. I've always come in late and left early for the airport Hilton so never paid even though they have gates (up at night). No parking fees at the Doubletree Club.

------------------
AS MVP Gold, UA PremEx, HHonors Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Old Dec 31, 2001, 6:11 pm

I have stayed at the ES Galleria and the Hampton Galleria. Both are pretty nice, the ES is obviously nicer, but the Hampton is not bad as Hamptons go. The Galleria is at 75 and 275 near Marietta, so not really good if you business is downtown or by the airport. But the location works well for me. I have stayed at the Airport Hilton a number of times and been pretty happy there also.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum, Hertz PC
Brunswick GA (St. Simmons Island)

There are three Hilton properties in the vicinity--An Embassy Suites, and two Hamptons.

Anyone stayed at either of these?

Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2005, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA, Hertz, Avis, Marriott, Hilton HH
Originally Posted by travellinggal040361
There are three Hilton properties in the vicinity--An Embassy Suites, and two Hamptons.

Anyone stayed at either of these?

Thanks
Hi Travellinggal,

I have stayed in the St. Simon's area several times, most recently in April, 2005. The Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn in Brunswick are really not on the island. In fact, the Embassy is in a mall area and the Hampton is right off I-95 in a drab area. I've never stayed at these becasue of the locations and the drive to St. Simons is about 15 minutes.

I can, however, readily suggest the Hampton on St. Simons Island. It's clean, quiet and comfortable. It's also very near the laid back shops and restaurants on the island. Beaches aren't that far either.

Generally, I'm no fan of the Hampton Inn's because some aren't that well maintained but I can highly recommend this one though. ^ Hope this info helps.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 7:24 am

I really don't mind that the ES is 15 minutes away. Although staying at the mall doesn't thrill me either. The reason I am considering it is they will let me take my dog and he weighs in at about 100 lbs. And he wants to play in the water! lol
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:23 am

I've never stayed at that ES so I can't give you any feedback. Yeah, the mall area may not be the most inviting but it's at least you're around a lot of activities. Hope your dog likes it
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:55 am

You know..its really not about my comfort...it is about my dogs comfort..lol
Old Jun 9, 2005, 12:32 pm

Then might I suggest calling to see if they have "Animal Planet" on cable?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.