Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:25 am

Programs: PRG Amex , IHG Platinum Ambassador, Enterprise Plus, Hertz Gold
Stanj & Mikey1003, Thanks for your valuable insights. I have already booked the HI. (Not the suites).

Thanks
Old Aug 14, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Gold, A++ Elite, Delta FO
I stayed at the Hampton Inn on Bay Street this past weekend, it was by far the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. They do a great job in Savannah preserving the historic feel as they keep the exteriors intact when remodeling.

You'll have a blast it's an awesome city with a great night life (check out Velvet Elvis near City Market)
Old Aug 14, 2007, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by FuzzyB17
I stayed at the Hampton Inn on Bay Street this past weekend, it was by far the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. They do a great job in Savannah preserving the historic feel as they keep the exteriors intact when remodeling.

You'll have a blast it's an awesome city with a great night life (check out Velvet Elvis near City Market)
I agree that it is the best HI I have ever been in, bar none, by a magnitude of 3. ^^^
Old Aug 14, 2007, 6:37 pm

What about the Hilton Savannah De Soto? Is that worth a stay, or would you recommend one of the others mentioned in this thread instead?
Old Aug 14, 2007, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Hampton Inn. Very good location, free parking for Gold when I was there in 2006, nice room and nice staff.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
Augusta, GA

Anyone out there have any scoop on the Augusta, GA properties? I have to stay two nights there next month and wondered if there are any recommendations? I'm leaning toward the Hilton Garden Inn and/or the Hampton West.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 11:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum,
Spent waaaaayyyy too much time in Augusta Georgia the past 18 months and none of the visits were for the Masters.

The HGI opened March 18th, 2008. I was there the first night it opened and for 10 other stays. The property is in very good shape obviously. Nice rooms with LG flat screens...standard setup you see in all HGI. They do seem to have a variety of small problems here and there but nothing major. There really is no such thing a diamond upgrade. I also do not think they fully understand the Honors program.

Good breakfast with a real nice cook that will do anything you ask with a smile and a whistle. Good staff, management is somewhat lax. They have had a few problems with billing. I should be nice since they let me slide on a no show charge last month.

The Hampton is a late 80s style set up. Since I do not stay on properties where the rooms open to the outside, I have never stayed. It is across the street from the HGI.

There is also a Double Tree about 3 miles away. On 3 stays I have wound up with 2 free stay - be my guest coupons due to problems. The worst was one night they entered my room, packed my stuff and moved me to another room without my permission.

Another time they upgraded me then I guess sold the room because they wanted the room back. I was walking through the lobby to meet a client around 6 PM and they wanted me to go back up and move then. I told them I had to meet a client. They had the nerve to ask me what time I would be back so I could move. I told the manager none of his damn business and if anyone entered my room while I was gone, then I would call the police. I called the DD and ranted until she called the FDM with me on the phone. The DD emphasized to the FDM that entering a guest room without permission to move their belongings was a violation and not acceptable. To make up the DD offered me 2 free nights and 25K points for the 2 issues. Needless to say I have not been back.

Too bad because the DT is a refurb with a fairly nice property set up inside. The refurbish was finished back in early 07. I had at least a dozen problems there on the first stay, the second stay was giving them the benefit of the doubt, and the third stay was never again.

The property was a Sheraton way back in the day then lost their flag. It was then the Augusta Inn specializing in $59 rooms. It was a he$$hole. They refurbed through 2006 and opened in early 2007 as a Double Tree. Inside looks nice but the outside still looks like a 60s style Sheraton. There is a Starbucks inside but not much else. Inside it is designed in those weird geometrically architectures from the 60s or 70s with just about every space shaped weird.

My advice is to take the HGI and expect a cookie cutter room with nothing special and you will not be disappointed.

I have found one or two good restaurants in Augusta over the past year.

The French Market Grill is wonderful - kind of a New Orleanes style locally owned place. Family owned. Wonderful blackened filet.

Augustino's - family run Italian place downtown. Been around since the 30s.

Have fun
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:41 pm

Negotiate a Room Rate in Hampton Inn at Macon, GA

Will travel to Macon, GA for some work there. But the company I am working for only allow me to spend no more than $99 a night. The Hilton family hotels all have a high price than that budget considering tax and fees.

I am wondering if anyone have experiences to negotiate with the hotel manager to get the price down to the budgeted range, and what information he or she may want to obtain from me, such as business, type of work, etc?

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The most important factor IMO will be the number of nights you would be staying over the life of your work project.

You'd probably want to contact the Sales Manager at the hotel to negotiate directly.

(Also, any agreement should specify what the HHonors treatment will be, especially if it is going to be a lengthy stay/series of stays).
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:53 pm

It's going to be 4 nights every week for three weeks. And it's going to be me and another co-worker.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
$99 is the govt per diem rate for Macon and the Hi out on I-475 offers a regular rate of $90 so you should be able to get the rate you want. Although in the scheme of things 2 rooms for 12 nights is not that big of an incentive for the hotel to give a discount, you're not asking for that big of a discount.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 5:12 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 1:22 pm Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Jan 20, 2011, 6:08 pm

I usually stay at the Fairfield Inn (maybe on Zebulon Pike?) when overnighting in Macon. It's OK and the breakfast is decent

The hotel gets heavy corporate traffic
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:11 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
The most important factor IMO will be the number of nights you would be staying over the life of your work project.

You'd probably want to contact the Sales Manager at the hotel to negotiate directly.
and get it in writing the the rate you are paying is eligible for HHonors points &/or miles !!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:19 am

and get it in writing the the rate you are paying is eligible for HHonors points &/or miles !!

Agree with Willie. I'd be shocked if they didn't cut you a deal. Also, have you tried pricing the HI with the MVP or another corporate discount?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.