Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

UK Hilton Honors Platinum Visa change to joining offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Hilton Honors Platinum Visa change to joining offer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by altyrocket
I now have two issues outstanding....the voucher and a membership card. Did the voucher arrive via email ?
Yes. I tried to find it somewhere online as well (on my HH account) but couldn't find any reference.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Raffles
Yes. I tried to find it somewhere online as well (on my HH account) but couldn't find any reference.
I received an email and it showed up on my account as 'BARCLAYS FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE' (or similar). No problems with Glasgow HHonors agents seeing it and being able to make booking.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Not sure that is right, as I got my voucher 2 weeks ago and only had my first set of points posted yesterday. Unless, of course, Hilton gets the data throughout the month and only posts the points once a month.
When did you hit your spend? I need my voucher asap! Hit spend just after december bill date, so expect it after Jan bill at some point...
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Jamjaw
When did you hit your spend? I need my voucher asap! Hit spend just after december bill date, so expect it after Jan bill at some point...
During November, and was on a statement issued 9 December. Voucher was emailed 18 Jan.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Am wondering about writing a proper letter of complaint now. Still haven't got any bonus points and the 10000 I'm due would come in handy. Not sure if the Ombudsman would be interested as it's a promise made to lure you into a card which is then not kept. But I know I'd need to go through the card's compaints procedure first.

I have been in touch with the CES by phone but I haven't had any updates from them in a while. I've tried contacting them again but they are 'not in' or 'unavailable' or the initial call handler just won't put me through.

Am beginning to feel that they're just hoping this problem will go away and I'll not mind them not sending the points.

What does anyone think? Letter of complaint worthwhile?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I must say I've found the Complaints Dept pretty good at sorting them. Agree re. the difficulties getting through first line helpdesk - I found the best way was to make it clear the Complaints Desk had left me a voicemail asking me to call them. They still normally forced me to go through security but then would pass my call over. Although I didn't always get the person who had left the voicemail I did always get to speak to one of them. Let me know if no luck and I can PM you the extension number they left on my voicemail - you still have to go through the normal CS line faff but perhaps having an extension number makes it all more convincing for them?!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 5:17 am

Thanks but have managed to speak to one of the Complaints team. They said that they had passed a file of what they thought were all the missing bonuses to Hilton who had credited them. So the person I spoke to did not realise there was still an issue as he thought all outstanding bonuses had been credited by Hilton. He's looking into it again for me and going to contact Hilton.

So I guess if you haven't had your bonuses yet you may need to call and speak to them as they didn't realise this was still an issue.

This was the sort of thing they missed from that film - Up in the Air. It never showed George Clooney calling customer services or writing letters and enclosing receipts to claim missing points!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:25 pm

I've once again phoned the Visa company who simply said they cannot help me and that I must phone Hilton.

Tried to phone Hhonors UK team but they've finished for the day - I'm guessing this is going to go round in circles...

Not amused
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:35 am

Thumbs up

Good news!

After being told by the Visa call centre (I think it's run by Barclaycard) to contact Hhonors via phone (08457 466677) I was worried I was being passed back and forth as has happened before. I didn't think it was a problem on the Hilton end...

Rather than phoning Hhonors (it was out of the UK hours) I sent an email to [email protected] describing my problem:

"Hi,

I have the UK Hhonors Visa card, and have had this for a number of months now. Even though I spent my 4th night within a Hilton duing my second month of owning the card I've not yet had the 10,000 bonus points through. It's well passed the date these should have posted but still nothing -and calling the card company they simply tell me to contact Hilton. Is Hhonors able to deal with this query? I tried calling the Hhonors UKteam but they are not available today. My Honors number is: [number]

Thanks,
[pryonic]"

In less than 24 hours I've had the 10,000 bonus points post to my account - happy days!

I'd suggest anyone else still waiting for their points contacts Hilton, they're far more helpful than the credit card call centre.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 3:36 am

Thanks to pyronic for the suggestion but I've not had any luck with HHonors yet. Phoning them got nowhere so I tried email using an edited version of Pyronic's successful one. Got a reply back saying my Visa number should be added to my HHonors account before they'd investigate further. I replied pointing out that it was already there (they obviously hadn't looked). Now I've got an email back saying they've 'opened a case' and will reply back in 7-10 days.

Still trying to talk again to Barclaycard's team. We keep missing each other this week due to me being in transit rather too much and them being on the phone when I call back back after they've left a message.

Sigh....
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:59 pm

Hurrah - sorted! Not sure if it was the credit card team or HHonors in the end (and neither seems to know if it was them either) but someone somewhere has sorted it. Done in an odd way as the 4 stays have been re-credited with the missing amounts but it is done.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
UK HHonors Credit Card: Tips/Tricks?

Apologies if the FT search tool's dislike of including short phrases like 'UK' means I missed something already posted...

I find I'm staying at Hilton properties here in the UK more often and because of the benefits/points that I'm accruing may use it as a preferred choice when making a tour of a Canada and New York city later this year: spend some points, earn some points.

The UK Platinum Visa card's bonuses of Gold status, free night cert and 10k points look reasonably enticing, and could be handy to use on that trip. Are there any current tips or tricks for maximising the sign-up benefits further? For example, AIUI there have in the past been codes to get a bit more.

Are there other UK cards that also earn to HH?

TIA
EF
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:22 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
You'll find the full discussion here;
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ing-offer.html

The card is the most generous it has been, after the revamp late last year. However be very aware that the service is terrible - for example I still haven't got my 10k points some 5 months after getting the card and the points posting has been rather erratic (now waiting on me calling Hilton apparently). Oddly the card also doesn't come with "Verified by Visa", the additional security check online.

So in short: Get it for the bonuses/points, but consider that you may not end up keeping it for a particularly long time.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:06 am

You'll also get stung for Foreign Transaction fees when using it abroad - I decided it was better to use my Post Office visa when in the States to avoid these and miss out on the bonus points

I too had problems getting my 10,000 bonus points - in the end Hilton sorted it as the Barclaycard support people are useless
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Apologies if the FT search tool's dislike of including short phrases like 'UK' means I missed something already posted...

I find I'm staying at Hilton properties here in the UK more often and because of the benefits/points that I'm accruing may use it as a preferred choice when making a tour of a Canada and New York city later this year: spend some points, earn some points.

The UK Platinum Visa card's bonuses of Gold status, free night cert and 10k points look reasonably enticing, and could be handy to use on that trip. Are there any current tips or tricks for maximising the sign-up benefits further? For example, AIUI there have in the past been codes to get a bit more.

Are there other UK cards that also earn to HH?

TIA
EF
As far as I'm aware there are no further codes or anything to add to the offers but I guess you could contact the sales department?

I've had the card for about a year and a half. Never had any problems with it, although as you'll read in the other uk hilton visa thread the points tend to post a little random which is frustrating.

I should point out you mention about Gold status being a benefit... that requires a spend of £10k or more in a year, it does not come with the card. Not an issue if you use it for business I'd imagine but as I don't I find I only just pass it.

They have made some improvements to the online account management recently which I'm quite pleased with, including a bar along the bottom showing how close you are to the £10k spend for Gold.

I'm buying a new car in the next couple of months... so not only will racking up some points soften the financial blow, but it'll push me well beyond the gold Requirement for this year which is good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.