Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

UK Hilton Honors Platinum Visa change to joining offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Hilton Honors Platinum Visa change to joining offer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:35 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by twosheds
Talking to HHnrs customer services is like banging your head against a brick wall that has spikes embedded in it.
If you're referring to the HHonors VISA folks then I competely agree - I had a half hour long discussion with them about why they should send me a paper statement free of charge given their online system was broken! Got nowhere hence involving Barclaycard. Would definitely recommend that route!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Wouldn't bother wasting your time chasing if you're just waiting for points to post, as I said in previous post in the past year and a half I've had points post throughout the month (the end of the month before right through to the twenty-something of the month).

Doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 5:53 am
Suspended

Ive had no points post either...and like someone else Im also just shy of booking a reward stay!!!

Last edited by FlyerTalker7654; Dec 20, 2011 at 5:53 am Reason: ..
Old Dec 20, 2011, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by ab007
Wouldn't bother wasting your time chasing if you're just waiting for points to post, as I said in previous post in the past year and a half I've had points post throughout the month (the end of the month before right through to the twenty-something of the month).

Doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.
My problem isn't the lack of pattern it's the fact that no points and no voucher has posted months after the relevant spend - I'm worried they've made some mistake and are sending my points to the wrong HHonors account!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *Gold
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
My problem isn't the lack of pattern it's the fact that no points and no voucher has posted months after the relevant spend - I'm worried they've made some mistake and are sending my points to the wrong HHonors account!
Quite possible if they set you up with a new HH account when you took out the card rather than using an existing one. Ask them which account number they are sending the miles to. And if its different, get customer services to merge them.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:03 am

OK, the complaints team (who are actually very helpful and well informed) have been back in touch. They've confirmed that they've got the correct HHonors number on file, but said for some reason the initial posting of points only took place in the past couple of weeks so it may yet take a while to come through.

They also confirmed there has been a bit of an IT glitch - a number of us have been put on the old offer of 7.5k points after £750 spend, rather than a free night cert after £750 and extra 2.5k points per inital 4 stays. He's promised the cert and bonus points will come through once the inital points post but I suspect in 6 weeks or so I might be having to get back in touch with them!

They did offer me some ex-gratia compensation for my trouble though, which was a nice touch.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:38 pm

My November points finally posted today

Still no sign of my 10,000 bonus points though
Old Dec 21, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Mine hit today as well but also no sign of the 10,000 bonus points. I'm not really sure who to follow up with now -is it the complaints team at Barclaycard that it's best to contact?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
I have 3 stays booked for 2012 already, would these count towards the 4? Or would they need to have been booked using the card to qualify?

Edit:

Earn 2,500 HHonors Bonus Points for each stay completed at a participating property within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of
hotels when the stay is paid for with your Hilton HHonors Platinum Visa Card. 2,500 Bonus Points can be earned for up to four
stays each completed within the first 12 months from the date your Account was opened. Allow 6-8 weeks for Bonus Points to
be credited to your account. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.

Last edited by PanGalactic; Dec 21, 2011 at 8:58 pm Reason: found the answer
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:33 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by NorthOrSouth
Mine hit today as well but also no sign of the 10,000 bonus points. I'm not really sure who to follow up with now -is it the complaints team at Barclaycard that it's best to contact?
Indeed, me too;
BARCLAYS SPEND BONUS 5,106 0 21-Dec-2011

Not sure but with this amount I suspect that it is a combination of the last 2-3 months spend. Missing the 10k but I guess it will take some time...
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Originally Posted by NorthOrSouth
+1 on points posting.

In my experience one tends to pass you onto the other! - I'd suggest start with Barclaycard to make sure they've got the correct details for you, but ultimately if it's set up correct they'll suggest you speak to Hilton regarding points posting etc.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:25 am

I'd definitely recommend the Barclaycard team over the HHonors VISA 'helpline', however it sounds like the setup for points/free night cert is quite complex. From how they explained it to me Barclaycard (eventually) send the base points over Hilton who them credit them. This then raises a flag at the Hilton end for them to check for stays paid for with the card (it sounds like Barclaycard also send over details of Hilton spend) - these then translate into 2.5k bonuses. Also total spend is sent across and if >£750 a free night cert is generated.

All sounds massively open to error to me, but will see what happens! Glad I booked a redemption on points a few weeks ago rather than wait for the cert given that hotel is now booked up and it looks like the cert will be another month or so yet. Once I receive it I'm going to ask HHonors to swap my points booking for a cert booking.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
I've had the card >3 months now, hitting the £750 spend in the first statement.

No sign of a free night cert yet. Is this a paper cert? I have paperless statements, so know nothing. Should I be worried?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 2:05 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
I've had the card >3 months now, hitting the £750 spend in the first statement.

No sign of a free night cert yet. Is this a paper cert? I have paperless statements, so know nothing. Should I be worried?
Sounds like there is a problem, the certificate is emailed, you might want to check your spam folder. I got mine about a week after my first statement.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
In regards to booking rooms - has anyone experienced availability issues?

A friend tried to book a night - where standard reward room availability was showing online - but was told nothing was available. So it sounds like they come from a different "bucket". Is there any way to search online for availability?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.