Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Certificate Question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by mario33
I have a reward certificate for 3 nights which is expiring pretty soon (redeemed almost a year ago).

Do I need to complete the reward stay before the expiry date, or can I actually check-in on the expiry date and check-out 3 days later (i.e 3 days after the expiry)

Thanks
You must USE the certificate by the expiration date. It's like a coupon. It is no longer any good after the expiration date. You can always redeposit the points without penalty.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
You must USE the certificate by the expiration date.
Yes, I know that.

My question is whether I can use it on the expiry date itself and check-out 3 days later.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:44 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Given the likely expense involved with guessing wrong on this one, I'd suggest you email HHonors and get a definitive answer - that you then can perhaps quote later if need be.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
Expiring Reward Certificate - Any Hope?

Short version: I have a reward cert for a 3 night stay expiring next week. Due to level of travel, I haven't been able to use it. Is there ANY way to get the expiration date extended?

I have thought about making a reservation with the cert and then cancelling and asking them to reissue the cert. I know this works on other programs, but will it work on HHonors? I know it is gaming the system, but I hate giving up a 3 night award.

TIA for any information!^
Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by BeachBum770
Short version: I have a reward cert for a 3 night stay expiring next week. Due to level of travel, I haven't been able to use it. Is there ANY way to get the expiration date extended?

I have thought about making a reservation with the cert and then cancelling and asking them to reissue the cert. I know this works on other programs, but will it work on HHonors? I know it is gaming the system, but I hate giving up a 3 night award.

TIA for any information!^
Redeposit it. Once you "cash" in your points for a certificate, your points are not completely gone until you use the certificate. You can cancel the reward reservation before the cancel deadline and the points will be redeposited. However, you do have to keep an eye on your account. I had to call because my points weren't redeposited after 2 weeks!

However, if you are talking about the free night certificates, I think you can't extend it.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
However, if you are talking about the free night certificates, I think you can't extend it.
It is from the promotion in Q4 of 2010 where you complete a certain number of stays and get a 3 night stay for free. I may just have to find a way to burn it next week so I don't "waste" the free days. Thanks for the input.^
Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Question Just received Reward Certificate e-mail unexpectedly

Bit confusing - starts with the words "Congratulations! Thank you for your reward request" - I didn't request anything from them.

I really don't stay at Hilton often so am not completely au fait with the program, but I have (unusually for me) made 4 one-night stays in the last month - could I have signed up for some kind of promo that gives a free night? (and then simply forgotten).

Also the e-mail doesn't actually say what the reward is - I'm assuming it's one free night but it doesn't say so and doesn't give and indication as to what property categories it includes. All it has is an expiration date 6 months from now.

I am certain that I am being a complete numptie here - but can anyone shed any light on what triggered this and what it's for exactly?

Thanks!

Edit: Just noticed "Special Free Night Certificate" on my account (0 points deducted) and issued on the date of my most recent stay. Guess it was some kind of promo I signed up for. Anyone know what I get with this?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 5:54 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/PYO/Q4...11Q04,Specials
Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Thank you kindly. I am clearly losing my mind...
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: UA 1k
Reward certificate?

Sorry if this is answered somewhere, but I tried doing a search with no luck. My brother is a diamond member and booked a reward stay for me. I have seen some posts about certificates being required. Is the certificate the same as the booking confirmation? He forwarded the confirmation and in the details there is a reference to a certificate number but he didn't send me anything else. Do I need to ask him for something else?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jonah1
Sorry if this is answered somewhere, but I tried doing a search with no luck. My brother is a diamond member and booked a reward stay for me. I have seen some posts about certificates being required. Is the certificate the same as the booking confirmation? He forwarded the confirmation and in the details there is a reference to a certificate number but he didn't send me anything else. Do I need to ask him for something else?
Generally the printed certificate is no longer required but the number is. They should have it on file at the hotel.

That said, call the hotel. Tell them the situation and ask them what you will need. They will let you know. Since it is a res made by someone else, it would be good to just make sure everything is a go.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
You can request a reward certificate for later use and then would need the certificate/number to make a reservation.

If the reservation is made at the time of requesting the reward certificate then the reward certificate number is electronically attached to the reservation. No need for a separate certificate.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Thanks for the information!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:36 am

Reward Certificate - but why?

I've just received an e-mail telling me I have earned a reward certificate for one night's stay. It appears to be linked to some promotion but I have no idea what it was. It's been a busy month for me with:

3 Hilton stays
1 DT
3 Hilton GI
1 HI

Anyone know what this could relate to?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 1:38 pm

Reward Certificate - Extending Expiration ?

I have a Reward Certificate that was issued for taking out the UK credit card.

It is for a free night in a cat 1-7 hotel, and expires 18-Jul-2012.

I was hoping to use it on 20-Jul-2012, but only just noticed the expiration date.

I've spoken to Hilton Honors who say there is nothing they can do, but has anyone been in a similar position and had luck getting it accepted - as it is only 2 days later ?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.