Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Certificate Question

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2003, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Sister just used an email award in London - no problems at all using it!
Old May 28, 2003, 9:58 pm

CSR told the wife that the e-mail certificate would show up in two to three business days.
Old May 28, 2003, 10:29 pm
Suspended

The email option is MUCH better than having HHonors mail me a certificate. In all my "mailing" cases, I was away before it arrived and had the desk fax or call them to verify.

So the email option is a big plus. But a BIGGER plus would be if we could just book it (or cancel it) on the webpage like SPG and Six Continents.

The last email I had was a point stretcher. Went to a Hilton Woodland Hills CA on a Point Stretcher and, you guessed it, the clerk had to ask the manager about it. If I book it, I can write it in rather than a voice on the phone I have to "trust". I trust me more than I trust myself. :-)

SHADO
Old May 29, 2003, 7:29 am

My email cert took about 30 hours! This is much better than the mail! Thanks everyone for your input.
Old May 29, 2003, 9:26 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by upgrader:
Make sure you have your confirmation number as a back-up to email/paper delivery problems. </font>
Log into your HH account online, click on "Activity", then on "Reward Redemption History". You'll see your requested reward name and code, post date, amount of points deducted and the certificate number. This information appears instantly, even while you are still on the phone with HH CSR, and is available for your viewing for 12 months.
Old May 30, 2003, 11:43 am

To issue Reward Certificate: entirely on line?

CAN ONE ISSUE THEIR OWN REWARD CERTIFICATE ON-LINE? OR, ONE HAS TO CALL FIRST AND hh EMAIL IT TO YOU?
Old May 30, 2003, 11:56 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by best:
CAN ONE ISSUE THEIR OWN REWARD CERTIFICATE ON-LINE? OR, ONE HAS TO CALL FIRST AND hh EMAIL IT TO YOU?</font>
Can be done all on-line. Go to the "Rewards" tab under "Activity" section of your on- line account and follow instructions. Relatively painless, with points immediately subtracted from your account.
Old May 30, 2003, 11:59 am

However, IIRC you can't order VIP only awards like ALON, TEEN, and GLON online. If you want these, make sure you do it while the service center is open today or tomorrow. Anyone know the hours?
Old May 30, 2003, 12:11 pm

Hilton HHonors Customer Service Centers

United States/Canada
HHonors Customer Service Center
P.O. Box 9003, Addison, TX 75001-9003 U.S.A.

Telephone: (Mon.-Fri. 6:30 a.m.-12:00 a.m. CST
Sat.-Sun. 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. CST)
Toll Free Inside the U.S. and Canada +1 (800) 548-8690
Outside the U.S. +1 (972) 788-0878
Fax: +1 (972) 788-1818
Old May 30, 2003, 7:18 pm

ALL Service Centres outside the US are CLOSED weekends!
Looks like a long-distance call required for me... and doubtless a number of other Flertalkers.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 9:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
How long will an emailed reward certificate show up in your filing cabinet? My husband and I recently had 4 rewards sent to us. We saved them but they are now not there. They were sent in May.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Huh -- do you mean your "filing cabinet" on the HH website or in your email program?

As someone else noted, your reward redemption history shows the certificate type and certificate number. It's there for at least 12 months.

If you have the certificates in your email program they should be there until you delete them/ That depends of course on what you use to read email. If your service provider deletes your email then all bets are off.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 1:08 pm

Location: Danville, CA - "When I read about the evils of DRINKING, I gave up READING.
Snail mail lost a paper certificate and I requested a replacement using the internet and they responded with the email cert in two days. Pretty good response time. I did provide them the cert number and date from the HHonors activity in my profile.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:49 am

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Should I be concerned about this Reward Certificate?

I called in today to book an ALON2 in HI. Lady was really nice went through the whole thing, told me if I wanted a microwave and fridge I should probably stay at the Embassy Suites, but I will have to run that by the wife. Not sure about how that hotel is.

Anyway, my email confirmation states the following:

Reward Code: GLONP2
Description: GOING GLOBAL VIP REWARD
Rate Information:
Rate Type:
HHONORS CERTIFICATE
Total Rate for Stay (in points): 175,000

HOWEVER

My reservation under Hilton Honors states:

HHonors Reward Confirmation

Reward Confirmation ID: XXXXXX
Reward Code: XXXX
Description: Category 6 - 6 FREE NIGHTS
Hotel Information

Hilton Hawaiian VillageŽ Beach Resort & Spa
2005 Kalia Road
Honolulu, Hawaii
1-808-949-4321 Directions and Transportation Area Information
Local Maps
Add to Favorite Hotels

Room & Rate Information

Room Description: TAPA 1 KING GARDEN VIEW
Room Type: Non-Smoking Room Confirmed
Rate Type: HHONORS CERTIFICATE
Total for Stay: 240,000 points

My account was only deducted 175K, Res show's 240K (which I didn't even have) should I be concerned about this and get it cleared up now? Or is just a mistake? I will definately accumalte another 150K easily in the next 6 months and hope they don't dip into that because of the wrong reward code.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 12:10 pm

Programs: HHonors
It is confusing the first time you see the award cert. The 240,000 represents how many points it would cost for 6 nights (booked individually); 40,000 per night. The VIP award GLONP2 uses only 175,000 for the 6 nights. Don't worry, you will not be charged more. If you're really lucky (as I have been for my last two stays) you might also receive points for the award stay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.