Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Certificate Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2002, 8:11 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I'm with Kathy & Eastbay. Why should HHonors put THEMSELVES thru the rigmarole of paper, let alone us? Why lag behind Priority Club, which has eliminated paper this year?
Old Jan 18, 2002, 8:15 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Johnndor, I believe that Goldlust has asked in good faith about an honest mistake & doesn't intend to cheat. Or at worst, Goldlust may intend to 'borrow' a free stay & repay HHonors with points s/he will earn soon afterward.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 4:44 am

Reward Certificate in the Mail

I booked an award on January 1 and was told the certificate would be mailed to me (in Canada). It is 31 days later and still nothing has arrived. My reservation is for Feb. 15. Should I contact HHonors and ask them to cancel the award and fax it to me instead?
Old Jan 31, 2003, 5:53 am

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
Call the Diamond desk and get their opinion. They should be able to tell you when it was sent and offer the best way to get a replacement if needed. Good luck.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 8:41 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
If it is a regular hotel certificate, they can cancel it and you can print it out off the internet.

If it is a VIP reward or something else like that, they'll have to reissue it, but they can Fedex it direct to the property if need be.

They're pretty good about making stuff like this right.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 9:24 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rut Dog:
If it is a VIP reward or something else like that, they'll have to reissue it, but they can Fedex it direct to the property if need be. </font>
They can fax it too, either to you, or directly to the hotel.

The only exception is when air certs are included. Those can not be faxed, and need to be mailed. Some (e.g., AA) even require to be FedEx'ed.
Old May 22, 2003, 2:46 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Reward Certificate via email

Just a FYI -

I just redeemed a GLONP award cert with Hilton and the CSR offered to email it to me instead of mail/fax.

I don't recall seeing the email option being mentioned here.
Old May 23, 2003, 1:01 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
I'm doing a couple reward stays shortly using the e-mail version and one with a paper certificate.

Much easier using the e-mail option since there was nothing to wait for in the mail. However, the paper copy mailed to me does look prettier and looks more "official."

As long as they work I'm all for getting them as soon as possible rather than waiting for the mail delivery.
Old May 23, 2003, 7:02 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Surprised too. Latest ALON arrived via email - they suggested I not only print it, but archive the document on computer for later access. (It's for next year.) Actually a smart idea IMO.
Old May 28, 2003, 11:36 am

How long did it take to get your email cert? I called about 22 hours ago, still no email! But all the points have been subtracted from our account! Thanks
Old May 28, 2003, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Thanks for the email option update. I too want to know how soon after you get the e-cert? For fax, I usually get it within a day. But, I like this email route too, esp when on travel.
Old May 28, 2003, 1:01 pm

This has got to be their busiest week of the year so I would expect some delays. I wouldn't worry until tomorrow but then get on the phone if you don't hear by then. Make sure you have your confirmation number as a back-up to email/paper delivery problems.
Old May 28, 2003, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Taking around 24 hours for me for the email to arrive. They have been doing this a while now.
Old May 28, 2003, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
The email option is awesome. Send a copy of your email to a web-based email acoount and you can access it worldwide in case you lose your printed one.
Old May 28, 2003, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by korea71:
The email option is awesome. Send a copy of your email to a web-based email acoount and you can access it worldwide in case you lose your printed one.</font>
Email option is perfect: all the hotel needs at checkin is the cert number. I had mine issued the day before my ALON started, had the email sent to my Yahoo account, and accessed it from my cell phone.

It didn't take more than 5-10 minutes to get the email. Even with high call volumes this week for VIP redemptions, I wouldn't think it'd be enough to overwhelm a decent mail server.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.