FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Reward Certificate Question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/123675-reward-certificate-question.html)

SF1K Mar 26, 2000 12:15 pm

Ultra Fast Reward Certificate

Well, I called last week to have my "Going Global" award issued for a stay in Sydney in July of this year. It actually arrived in my mail box within 5 working days -- and I didn't ask/pay for expedited service. I was impressed.

khoward Mar 26, 2000 2:45 pm

Same experience for me recently. Plus Betty at the service center couldn't have been nicer. Why, I feel HHonored!!! ouch..

bokich Aug 31, 2000 7:33 am

How long for reward certificate to arrive?

Hi all,

I know I should be a good boy and "search" for this info, as it's likely been posted already, but I'm running late for work already, still need to pack for a flt, etc.

?: I'm about to book a one night Hilton stay, using points, in SFO on 9/9 for the Rudi/Comicwoman dinner. HH is telling me to allow two weeks for delivery of the certificate; obviously, I only have like 9 days.

In your experience (I've never redeemed HH points before), what are the odds I'll actually receive the certificate in time? Is the 2 weeks conservative padding? Or does it really take that long and mean that I am SOL?

TIA.

-Ben

emmett_s Aug 31, 2000 7:45 am

for me i think it was a week or 7 to 10 buniesses days but if i were you i would call customer service to find out.

------------------
emmett w. smith jr.

NW,CO,TW only Aug 31, 2000 8:31 am

You better request the RUSH delivery to be sure.

Baze Aug 31, 2000 8:40 am

I have had 5 certs sent over the last year. The longest one took 5 business days. I did not put a rush on any of them.

general45 Aug 31, 2000 6:12 pm

I did one last Monday evening, and it arrived in Friday's mail. I have never experienced a delay yet when using the online redemption.

bokich Sep 1, 2000 8:15 am

Thanks for the real-life info guys.

Well, here's what happpened. A couple weeks back when I called to inquire how the process worked, I was told it would take 2 weeks for the certificate to arrive.

When I called (several different times, hoping to get different answers) yesterday to request my certificate for the 9th, each person told me, "Oh no, it takes 3-5 weeks for the certificate to get to you." All of them insisted it need to be expedited. So I'm paying $25 for Fedex - and they're even sending it to the hotel, cause they're afraid Fedex can't get it to me by the 9th. Strange. Maybe they're afraid of the delay on their end, just processing the Fedex order.

I wasn't aware there was an online redemption option. Perhaps I should've tried that.

[This message has been edited by bokich (edited 09-01-2000).]

Andrew Yiu Sep 1, 2000 3:59 pm

I requested it for (Rush) FedEx back in July and it arrived at my house (Canada) within 2 business days.

PremEx Sep 2, 2000 12:20 pm

My experience is exactly as is Baze's.

But I'd go with Express Service at this point (if you haven't already done so) just to be safe. Especially as Monday is a U.S. Holiday and you would lose one more "postal" day.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 09-02-2000).]

Andrew Yiu Mar 27, 2001 10:22 am

Reward Certificate Question

I recall reading a while ago that we can print our own reward certificate from Hilton's website after we make the reservation with Hilton, am I correct?

So does that mean we don't have to wait for the certs to be mailed to us? It's really a pain to have to wait for it which mean we have to plan way ahead otherwise have to pay the rush fee.

KPETERS Mar 27, 2001 4:10 pm

Yep, I did it the other day and used the cert the next night.

Helen123 Mar 27, 2001 4:16 pm

same here, I printed mine Sun too. Easy to print and don't need to wait for the mail.

Andrew Yiu Mar 27, 2001 6:54 pm

Thanks for the great news guys...!

drtravels Mar 28, 2001 6:43 am

Is it correct that TEEN/VIP awards still have to be mailed out or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks