Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy
As a hotel guest breakfast in Glass is an extra $29 per person, the $42 is for walk ins off the street. I have found the food selection to change little from week to week but the quality is always top notch.

Isn't breakfast free when staying as a Gold? We have a 4 night points stay coming up and we have counted on the free Glass breakfast (if we do not get upgraded to the EL}

DD

Going by my last stay most golds will get exec upgrade unless the hotel is full. I am unsure on the amount but you can upgrade to breakfast in glass instead of the lounge.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:04 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ozztraveller
Rates at that price would be Friday or sunday nights.Mid week is usually high due to corporate demand. Your best option is to book then check back regularly in case the price drops, especially getting close to your dates.
More likely Sunday where $169 is readily available.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I've noticed on my last few stays (which have been Sat/Sun nights) that the price has dropped 1-2 weeks out from the stay. I never book prepaid rooms there because of the risk of this happening.

I just book a 2nd room and cancel the previous booking if I see this.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Just finished a stay yesterday, paid $179 and only booked two days before. I actually found whenever I'm paying around $200, I'll always receive an "upgrade" to a deluxe room which seems to be exactly the same. When i paid for around $300, I got upgraded to the relax but noisy room couple of times. Does hilton take the rate we paid into considering upgrades for Diamonds?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Just finished a stay yesterday, paid $179 and only booked two days before. I actually found whenever I'm paying around $200, I'll always receive an "upgrade" to a deluxe room which seems to be exactly the same. When i paid for around $300, I got upgraded to the relax but noisy room couple of times. Does hilton take the rate we paid into considering upgrades for Diamonds?
Over the years it has changed depending on who is in charge of room allocation and the room rate will have an impact on whether you get an upgrade past a relax. room. The other factor is the large number of diamonds staying each night which makes it hard for anyone who is not a regular.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by ozztraveller
Over the years it has changed depending on who is in charge of room allocation and the room rate will have an impact on whether you get an upgrade past a relax. room. The other factor is the large number of diamonds staying each night which makes it hard for anyone who is not a regular.
how many stays do we need to be a "regular"?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Seriously

I must have stayed at that hotel a dozen times, if not more, probably more.

In that time I have received exactly ONE upgrade to a Relax room.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Seriously

I must have stayed at that hotel a dozen times, if not more, probably more.

In that time I have received exactly ONE upgrade to a Relax room.
This is a very difficult question for those of us who are not working at the property to identify. Mainly because the benchmark (if there even is one) for a "regular" customer at a certain property is probably relative to the frequency with which others are staying, which could be constantly changing.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:30 pm

I usually stay 2-3 times per month and always notice other regulars each time. I found once I had reached around 10 stays I had the occasional decent upgrade but it was not till I had done over 30 stays that I noticed regular upgrades beyond exec rooms. Most stays for me are one nighters with the occasional second night.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:00 pm

I guess I'm not staying enough average 5-6 stays a year for the last 5 years. I did have one upgrade to relax room however the noise from those lift killed my mood, that was the only time I was paying almost $400 per night. Most of other times I would be paying between $179 to $300.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Just spent three nights here - checking out in the morning, writing this from the Exec Lounge.

Really nice stay!

Checked in at the lounge, very helpful gent (Marek) got us in a room early (took one of those 630am arrival flights from LAX). Nice upgrade to relaxation suite, took Lounge brekkie most days, Glass for one (Diamonds comped).

Property was walking distance to anywhere I wanted to go, buses trains easy. Some nice Thai food across street (Chat Thai, upstairs in the mall.)

Barkeep Rylie in Lounge was a good sport, aforementioned Marek/lounge front desk guy totally helpful, greeter at Glass top notch... great staff.

I'd come back again any time. It's expensive but most CBD properties are.

Last edited by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant; Aug 3, 2017 at 5:14 am
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I had a last minute schedule change which put me in Sydney a few days early.

With a rate of $180, I decided a night in the CBD was worth it.

Happy to say, I received a nice upgrade to a Jr. Suite. Beautiful room and a welcome treat.

Lounge was busy as usual and I am sure Glass will be Glass in the AM

No complaints at all
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Nice. I got Relax Room upgrade, was in room by 10:30. Leaving tomorrow
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:23 pm

As a Gold on points & money stay, what should I expect???
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by khkchan
As a Gold on points & money stay, what should I expect???
Nothing. Seriously make sure you ask for an upgrade at checkin if not received already. At least you'll get the Glass breakfast no matter what. These day no big loss if you don't get EL access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.