Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Not much.
I've gotten Exec Lounge previously as Gold, but not common, generally just a higher floor or Deluxe room.

The Exec Lounge is a tradeoff as while you get canapes/drinks, you also only get breakfast in the lounge rather than at Glass.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:14 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Here again as the rate was reasonable at A$240 and I needed some more qualifying nights.

Arrived at 8.30am.

Interestingly, the couple who tried to check in before me were told to wait until noon (but being Diamond they could have waited in the lounge if they wanted). Then another desk agent became free and I got my room straight away.

I got a Deluxe room so I can only suppose they booked a higher level and it wasn't available. Last time here I got a room with a jacuzzi and the rate I paid was similar; but being able to unpack and take a shower immediately, and getting 2 breakfasts (for a 1 night stay) was more important. I'll be out the rest of the day anyway.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by :D!
Here again as the rate was reasonable at A$240 and I needed some more qualifying nights.

Arrived at 8.30am.

Interestingly, the couple who tried to check in before me were told to wait until noon (but being Diamond they could have waited in the lounge if they wanted). Then another desk agent became free and I got my room straight away.

I got a Deluxe room so I can only suppose they booked a higher level and it wasn't available. Last time here I got a room with a jacuzzi and the rate I paid was similar; but being able to unpack and take a shower immediately, and getting 2 breakfasts (for a 1 night stay) was more important. I'll be out the rest of the day anyway.
May be a silly question, but I assume you had one breakfast in the lounge and one downstairs the next day?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by earlyriser
May be a silly question, but I assume you had one breakfast in the lounge and one downstairs the next day?
Yeah... although if you wake up early on a weekend you could have "breakfast" at 6am and "lunch" at 10.30am on the same day
earlyriser likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
Checked in Nov 6 for a 6 night rewards stay. I am Godd end got a room on thr 35th floor, lounge access, a bottle (759 ml) of Shirez wine and 2 bottles of water. Lounge was great, staff even nicer. Cold breakfast was good with self serve Nepresso or drip coffee, tea was good with cakes and sodas, and Happy Hour (6:00 till 8:00) the attendants served wine, drinks, and sodas quickly and a genuine smile. The lounge was not crowded at all and was a very nice experience.

Took a taxi from the airport there and back for $75 or so Australian. Love the no tipping policy in Australia and New Zealand. What you see is what you pay, taxes and gratuity included.

DD
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy
Checked in Nov 6 for a 6 night rewards stay. I am Godd end got a room on thr 35th floor, lounge access, a bottle (759 ml) of Shirez wine and 2 bottles of water. Lounge was great, staff even nicer. Cold breakfast was good with self serve Nepresso or drip coffee, tea was good with cakes and sodas, and Happy Hour (6:00 till 8:00) the attendants served wine, drinks, and sodas quickly and a genuine smile. The lounge was not crowded at all and was a very nice experience.

Took a taxi from the airport there and back for $75 or so Australian. Love the no tipping policy in Australia and New Zealand. What you see is what you pay, taxes and gratuity included.

DD
Wow, I guess God > Diamond!
What room type did you originally book?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy

DD
Interesting. Last weekend, as a Diamond, I had to beg for wine and water. Was my 6th and 7th nights this year.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Most just walk up to the bar during Canapes hours
turtlemichael likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
I received a 750ml bottle of shiraz last sunday night which was a pleasant surprise.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:02 pm

Does anyone have any tips on how to get Hilton to reward a free night certificate here? The cheapest room is a Deluxe (I believe) and they are not allowing me to redeem after two phone calls.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by earlyriser
Does anyone have any tips on how to get Hilton to reward a free night certificate here? The cheapest room is a Deluxe (I believe) and they are not allowing me to redeem after two phone calls.
In order to use a free night certificate, there needs to be standard room reward availability.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
In order to use a free night certificate, there needs to be standard room reward availability.
It would seem that this hotel is manipulating their availability to some degree. I cannot find the standard room available for dates into the future but it seems to be available for the coming week.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I'd contact them - it's a stellar hotel with great exec lounge staff. They were helpful in making a reservation for me a few months ago where availability showed only premium.

TDM
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
We are coming to Sydney for 5 days in mid July. Trying to get a reasonable room for 2 adults and a 5 year old. Points bookings are fairly similar at 188k for the Curio property and 206k for this Hilton.

The Curio only seems to have 4 suites, so a rather limited shot at upgrades. Having an Exec lounge would be a nice bonus at the Hilton, but a lot of comments don’t put it in the best light.

As a Diamond, any recommendations on which property would get the best bang for the buck (or points)? I’d also just pay cash if the rate was reasonable ($175 US or less).
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Good luck with getting a decent rate.

I looked over availabilities for next 3 months, as I need a few extra nights, and near all nights seemed to be around the $A300 mark no matter what rates I asked for!

Last edited by ozstamps; Feb 4, 2018 at 8:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.