Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2001, 7:54 pm

I agree that the $209 is well spend rather than 35K Hilton Points. The 35K is approximately one third of the way to another 100K ALON award therefore 2 nights if used towards this award again so why use it for one?

The way I look at it, it's 7 nights in paradise for very little money.
Old Apr 25, 2001, 9:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
And combine that stay with the current erewards promo and the summer double double dip and you could earn some significant points.
Old Apr 28, 2001, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thanks, unagi1, Mahale and cactuspete!

I have reserved the $209 rate (includes breakfasts) as the FIRST night of our 7-night stay.

We will be arriving in the evening local time but around 9.00 a.m. UK time (a-a-a-argh!) so won't need to look too far for coffee etc. when we finally wake up. I'll also look out for a lower rate.

Thanks again for your advice.
Old Apr 28, 2001, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One can very often get rooms for $78-$89/night at the Alana Doubletree. The rooms are nice, the restaurant is good and you get HH points too. Itsa only few blocks away from the HHV, breakfast is included and its really not a bad hotel.....actually a real HNL bargain. Not on the beach though but less busy and great for a late day arrival.

MisterNice
Old Apr 28, 2001, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would be pretty obvious to state that if you paid the first night, you would be more likely to get an upgraded room for your entire stay.
Old Apr 29, 2001, 1:34 am

I just returned from a 6-night ALON stay at the HHV. How great to be presented with a bill for less than $200 (for incidentals, food and drink) after spending 6 nights in an oceanfront suite. Plus it still counted as a stay with points, thanks to the incidentals charge. Thanks, Hilton!
Old Apr 29, 2001, 12:34 pm

Location: UAL IK, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Anyone know when the Spa at HHV will be ready?

Hi,

The Hilton website says the Mandara Spa at the Hilton Hawaiian Village will be ready by May. The Manadara Spa website says it will be ready by June. Other sources have said sometime in summer 2001.

Anyone know the scoop?

[This message has been edited by youngflya (edited 04-29-2001).]
Old Apr 29, 2001, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I am curious too. Here is the link for the Mandara Spa. I believe it's in the same building as the soon to open Kalia Tower (there are also discussions on whether guests staying in this tower will have health club & lounge privileges):
http://www.mandaraspa.com/main.html
Old Apr 29, 2001, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Just got back From Hawaii, had two stays at the HHV (April 18/20 and April 22/26)
Will post later about my stay.
The new tower will open May 16th they seem to still working on the landcaping and the exterior.
Staff at the HHV says it will be nice but the rooms will be smaller than say the Alli
or even Rainbow tower.
Note also the new towers are at the entrance
of the property, next to Ala Moana Blvd(traffic noise ?) and thus furthest from the
beach. At least you will check in away from the rest of the often chaotic scenes at the regular front desk.
Mike
Old Apr 30, 2001, 4:47 pm

Location: UAL IK, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Question for those of who who have been to the HHV

Hi,

Was curious whether roomservice or one of the restaurants at the Hilton Hawaiian Village offered a picnic lunch that we could take with us when we visit some of the sites around around Oahu. I am not concerned about price.
Old Apr 30, 2001, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Just got back and I cannot remember if they did but seeing the prices of just the normal menu items I would seek other sources.
There is an ABC convenience type store just across Al Moana Blvd (opposite HHV entrance) which has all you need to make up a great picnic including sandwiches, chinese buns, wine etc.
Mike
Old May 1, 2001, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Hilton Hawaiian Village

A number of Flyertalkers have asked as to what to expect at the HHV.
Had two recent stays there April 19/20 and April 22/26 so I will try to provide an update.
Arrival for first stay found lots of construction on main driveway probably due to the new Kalia Tower due to open May 16th At the second visit some of the construction mess had been removed
with the exception of around the driveway to the new tower ( just to the right of the main entrance)
At first check in got a very friendly receptionist who confirmed that being Gold I had been upgraded to an twin balcony suite 25th floor looking toward Diamond Head,( I had booked at AARP rate) but that was the room I had wanted anyway, included two drink coupons.
When I asked about free breakfast she said they did not come with the room, told her about the
wording in the HHonors member guide before I could pull it out of my case she gave me two coupons for each day PLUS two coupons for each day of my 3 night stay when I would check in 2 days later.
Noticed she had a stack of various breakfast coupons and the speed in which see agreed to let me have them leads me to believe that the policy is not to give out till the HHonor member insists.

The coupons say they are good for continental breakfast, but they allow you to take everything from the breakfast buffet except hot items ( I did hide some hot sausages and eggs under my slices of cold banana bread) continental breakfast is listed at $14.95 on the menu.
Great view from my room and I left pleased with my first visit.

Checked in April 22nd told no upgrade rooms available in the Diamond tower ( that was probably
because I had requested two double beds and I found out later only King beds in that tower)

Second check in clerk not so friendly did not offer breakfast even though I was paying by Diners
Club which is running a special, if you pay with the card you get breakfast free plus 1000 (not 2000)
bonus Hilton points, did not press the point since I already had enough coupons.
Upgraded to a corner suite in the Tapa tower nice room but not a nice at the Diamond.

Bring PLENTY of money, must have spent $ 150.00 on drinks and the only meals I had on the property was breakfast Cost $14 per day to use valet parking, $9 if you self park.
Beach umbrellas $20.00 beach chairs $7.00

One other thing, I note in another thread problems with late checkout at other properties.
Requested and got 500PM late checkout for both checkout days.

Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 05-02-2001).]
Old May 2, 2001, 5:40 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally posted by MIKESILV:
Second check in clerk not so friendly did not offer breakfast even though I was paying by Diners
Club which is running a special, if you pay with the card you get breakfast free plus 2000
bonus Hilton points, did not press the point since I already had enough coupons.
Upgraded to a corner suite in the Tapa tower nice room but not a nice at the Diamond.
Hey, thanks for the report. Can you post a link to the Diners Club promotion you mentioned?
Old May 2, 2001, 7:58 am
Suspended

No link available but newsletter with March Diners club statement says to request Plan Code P2 and is valid March 1 through June 30, 2001. Note that the flyer said rates start at $209.00 but since I paid an AARP rate ($169.00) I called Hhonors and asked if it was valid for all rates and they said yes. One thing the Hilton bonus is 1000 points not 2000 (will correct my previous post)sorry about that, was confusing that bonus with a postcard questionnaire I got from HHV for return vistors offering 2000 points to answer a few questions.

If a member of your party has a military or Govt ID. the room rate is $112.00, friend of mine had her son book a room ( he is stationed in Honolulu ) $784.00 for 7 days at HHV sounds like a great deal to me.
Mike
Old May 2, 2001, 8:02 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
yes they do.

Actually, any hotel worth while should accomodate your request for a picnic lunch.

Just FYI, If you plan to hike Diamondhead, it is only open during the weekends due to construction as of last week in March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.