Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Bath Amenities

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by freddo
Strange consistency in shower gel?

Presently in Hilton Houston Post Oak...somehow the Peter Thomas Roth shower gel seems to be of strange consistency...the orange color is more vivid, and there isn't those micro beads inside them...although the bottle and description on it remains the same.

Anyone notice this difference?
They changed the Roth gel product a couple of months ago.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld
They changed the Roth gel product a couple of months ago.
yup they have changed the ingredients too, the new style shower gel gives me itchy nipples!!!.....took me ages to work this out.....shame....do like it as its very refreshing.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by wizla
yup they have changed the ingredients too, the new style shower gel gives me itchy nipples!!!.....took me ages to work this out.....shame....do like it as its very refreshing.
Sorry to hear that. I love the gel so much I buy it to use at home.

I just bought a bunch from my supplier on Amazon hoping it's still the old gel.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by wizla
itchy nipples
Isn't that the name of the newest boy-band out of the UK?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Isn't that the name of the newest boy-band out of the UK?
haha....yeah it wouldn't surprise me!....there is some complete rubbish that comes out of the uk......I work in the music industry and I hear it all the time!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Sorry to hear that. I love the gel so much I buy it to use at home.

I just bought a bunch from my supplier on Amazon hoping it's still the old gel.
I do sell the massage bars on ebay but unfortunately its to uk buyers only.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by freddo
Strange consistency in shower gel?

Presently in Hilton Houston Post Oak...somehow the Peter Thomas Roth shower gel seems to be of strange consistency...the orange color is more vivid, and there isn't those micro beads inside them...although the bottle and description on it remains the same.

Anyone notice this difference?
I recently stayed at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago and found my guest bathroom stocked with both the usual, yellow Mega-Rich Body Wash (with microbeads) and an orange Mega-Rich Body Cleanser (sans beads, and with fewer "vitamins" claimed in the description).

Since I hadn't seen the latter offering before, I guessed that either:
  1. The orange body cleanser was an optional/premium amenity that most properties don't bother to supply, or
  2. Peter Thomas Roth is phasing out the old body wash due to environmentalists' growing criticism of microbeads, and the Palmer House was just clearing out its stock.

On another note, has anyone else noticed how the PTR toiletries have been slowly shrinking since they debuted in 2011? For example, the North American shampoo bottle, introduced at one ounce, decreased first to 0.9 ounces and then again to an even smaller, unlabeled volume. Similarly, the facial bars have shed a fifth of their original 1.25 ounces.

I know the European containers were always a bit smaller than their North American counterparts, so perhaps Hilton/Sysco Guest Supply are simply streamlining their SKU count.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MS02113
. . .
Since I hadn't seen the latter offering before, I guessed that either:
  1. [*]

. . .
I learn something every day! Thanks for the link.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gld, Hyatt Plat
Yes! The sizes have definitely shrunk. We barely had enough conditioner between the two of us at our last hilton stay.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by j5rider
Yes! The sizes have definitely shrunk. We barely had enough conditioner between the two of us at our last hilton stay.
Can always ask for more
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MS02113
[*]Peter Thomas Roth is phasing out the old body wash due to environmentalists' growing criticism of microbeads, and the Palmer House was just clearing out its stock.[/LIST]
This REALLY sucks. This was my favorite affordable shower gel to use. I loved the microbeads. I guess I need to order even more from Amazon while they still have it. Not out anything seeing it will never go bad.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by j5rider
I always thought it odd that the PTR conditioner was also materially smaller than the Shampoo size which if you actually have hair of length means you are getting less than you really need.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
I wish they would change the brand of toiletries. Crabtree and Evelyn were much better than PTR
Old May 10, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Doubletree Heathrow UK - liquid soap gone?

Checked-in last week at my regular airport hotel Doubletree Heathrow and had to find out that my preferred way of hand-wash - liquid soap - had been removed from the sink area as well from the shower area.

Cost saving at DBT UK? Only found (same brand as previously in the rooms) at their public rest rooms.

Can't remember how the liquid soap situation is in other DBT in the US or Asia, but would prefer to have them due to hygienic reasons.

Thanks for your inputs!
Old May 10, 2015, 8:12 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Just to ask, are you sure that they weren't stolen? Did you ask the front desk?

Admittedly, the last time I stayed in a UK DT was in Jan. and they still had the large bottles fixed to the walls near the sink and the shower...

I'll post about whether the Edinburgh DT has them still in a weeks time as a data point. Would be sad to see the liquid soap go, although I do like the option as some bars of soap are quite nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.