Wiki Posts
Search

New Bath Amenities

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Does anyone remember what the brand was or the name was of the little blue bottles of shower gel you got in various Hilton's around the world? I remember looking at the website on-line, and for the life of me I can not remember the named brand....anyone help?
Crabtree & Evelyn La Source

Originally Posted by cbourl
hate roth toiletries! cheap and nasty and made in china if u read the small print - i like the crabtree and evelyn stuff in europe and also the ahava stuff at hilton tel aviv what a major downgrade!
the little blue bottles = sometimes large bottles in greece, germany = crabtree and evelyn
What property did you get those from ? You realize they made from different place depends on the country where the property locate aright ?

The PTR in the US doesn't have fine print where they made from, but more than likely made in US.

Just like previously Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hilton used, those in US properties made in US (same as if you buy it from C&E stores in the US). However, I stayed in Hilton in Japan, the C&E LaSource bottles printed they are made in China.

Not to mention, those C&E containers in US Hiltons are tall bottles, the ones I saw in Japan Hiltons are squeeze tubes, so it is very obvious they don't come from the same distribution or made in the same country.

Originally Posted by hugolover
Does anyone remember maybe 8 years ago the three bottles which were mounted on their own holder? The whole lot used to fall in the bath quite often IME! They were very long and narrow tubes of no particular brand. Those were weird!
Not at any US Hiltons, maybe other countries.

8 years ago Hiltons in the US were using Neutrogena, and they were still using little individual bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, "green" listermint mouthwash.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jul 10, 2012 at 10:35 am
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
8 years ago Hiltons in the US were using Neutrogena, and they were still using little individual bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, "green" listermint mouthwash.
The HGI in Rome is currently featuring Neutrogena products.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by steve64
Funny, I've always thought just the opposite about the Crabtree & Evelyn "La Source" line being phased out. The powder blue and sweet scent always seemed a bit feminine to me.
I liked that line when Hilton 1st introduced it, but quickly grew tired of it. Much prefer the new PTR products.
At home, I use whatever my wife has bought and now for whatever reason has chosen not to use herself. When traveling with her, I prefer that she be happy, and she prefers the old Crabtree & Evelyn products at Hilton. Not that I have a say, but I can use whatever gets my hair reasonably clean and doesn't leave residue.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
I wish they would change from PTR to another brand. C and E was much bettter. We stayed at a Doubletree recently in USA and it was C and E Citrus which was such a relief from PTR. The only decent thing from PTR is the bodywash. The shampoo and conditioner are awful.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:41 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
wake up and smel lthe borscht!!!! peter roth i first encountered in sydney hilton with its gr8 exec lounge this january - all made in china
recent stay at sfo union square hilton (on executive honours floor - what a dump!!!!!!! shocking staff when i had persol sunglasses stolen at pool on 16th floor - wouldnt call police or anything -as for the manager what a prick - learn to speak english!) never wil lstay here again - anyway all we got for 2 doubles upgraded room (this is US standard, not what im used to in hilton properties in israel and europe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 1 each of ...... peter roth toiletries - just shampoo and conditioner no shower gel or anything - in may 2012 stayed at frankurt airport hilton - fantastic property - what im used to seperate bathtun seperate shower and masses of towels and toiletries - and this was only booked as a day room in tfansit from sfo to tel aviv! giant room giant bed and crappy exec lounge with guest shoshana from nyc berating her (his) staff at full volume - i could only bear to stay in there for 5 minutes to print some colour pages on the free internet computer/printer - alas they also had peter roth toiletries - i like tel aviv hilton which gives u ahava toiletries and replaces them twice daily! as for crabtree and evelyn la source - i love this stuff - great smell less chemicals and please bring it back!!!!!
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
and btw peter roth is garbage - i wont use it after trying it - i prefer to use my own decent toiletries!!! please bring bach crabtree and evelyn! why not bring in some valmont or kiehl or la provence ( like the LH arrivals lounge and the Krisflyer lounge in SIN) - or maybe some decent ahava?????
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: HH Gold, UAL SP, Marriott PL, National Excecutive Elite, SWA A+
Neutrogena at Hampton

Had to wake the dead for this one.

At a mid-west Hampton this week had them switch out from the older tubes to the Neutrogena in the middle of the stay. Bottles are a bit taller, but seem to hold a little less.

Is this a new brand standard?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by willyt25
Had to wake the dead for this one.

At a mid-west Hampton this week had them switch out from the older tubes to the Neutrogena in the middle of the stay. Bottles are a bit taller, but seem to hold a little less.

Is this a new brand standard?
Yep...have been in every Hampton I've visited for past couple of months. Definitely an improvement.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Wow, what's old is new again. Neutrogena was the norm in Hiltons 10 yrs. ago (but never at Hamptons).
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Just noticed the change over this past month.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: HH D
Bath tablets

I wonder what's wrong with the Tomas Roth bath tablets.

Currently I have two of them in my toiletry bag, which have these dates printed on them:
MFG: 2012/03/09 EXP: 2014/03/08 (from a stay last weekend!)
MFG: 2012/04/03 EXP: 2014/04/02 (from a stay about a month ago)

Does this mean hardly anyone ever uses these tablets?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Originally Posted by Sisosig
I wonder what's wrong with the Tomas Roth bath tablets.

Currently I have two of them in my toiletry bag, which have these dates printed on them:
MFG: 2012/03/09 EXP: 2014/03/08 (from a stay last weekend!)
MFG: 2012/04/03 EXP: 2014/04/02 (from a stay about a month ago)

Does this mean hardly anyone ever uses these tablets?
Thought the bath tablets were no longer - none at my recent stays in UK - told at Canary Wharf ran out last year !
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by mandc2000
Thought the bath tablets were no longer - none at my recent stays in UK - told at Canary Wharf ran out last year !

I've got a couple of ptr bath tablets in my tour bag........I like them, in fact I'm thinking of looking on amazon to see if I get some........I like all the ptr range......got a draw full of the stuff at home.....love those massage bars.^
Old Sep 9, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
Strange consistency in shower gel?

Presently in Hilton Houston Post Oak...somehow the Peter Thomas Roth shower gel seems to be of strange consistency...the orange color is more vivid, and there isn't those micro beads inside them...although the bottle and description on it remains the same.

Anyone notice this difference?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by freddo
Strange consistency in shower gel?

Presently in Hilton Houston Post Oak...somehow the Peter Thomas Roth shower gel seems to be of strange consistency...the orange color is more vivid, and there isn't those micro beads inside them...although the bottle and description on it remains the same.

Anyone notice this difference?
Sounds like a counterfeit/rogue product to me:

http://www.hiltontohome.com/productD...Roth-Body-Wash

http://www.peterthomasroth.com/p-222...body-wash.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.