Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Bath Amenities

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by BotB
Just to ask, are you sure that they weren't stolen? Did you ask the front desk?

Admittedly, the last time I stayed in a UK DT was in Jan. and they still had the large bottles fixed to the walls near the sink and the shower...

I'll post about whether the Edinburgh DT has them still in a weeks time as a data point. Would be sad to see the liquid soap go, although I do like the option as some bars of soap are quite nice.

haha, nah, was properly removed (you can still see the old kiln furniture) and only soap bar from another brand (think the rest of the amenties as well).
Pls. let us know if you'll experience the same...
Old May 10, 2015, 12:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
I always thought a liquid soap container is cheaper overall than individual bars of soap. I have never been to a DT (exclusively European experiences with them) where liquid soap was 'served', always a soap bar, and believed that was the brand standard.
Old May 10, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Just got back from a weekend at Conrad New York and I noticed the Aromatherapy Associates tubes were actual a little bit bigger (after seeing the Peter Thomas Roth containers shrink on the Hilton side that was a nice change)
Old May 10, 2015, 4:29 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
I always thought a liquid soap container is cheaper overall than individual bars of soap. I have never been to a DT (exclusively European experiences with them) where liquid soap was 'served', always a soap bar, and believed that was the brand standard.
I might have been lucky but all the UK ones I have been to have had both (the big bottles of yellow hand/body/shampoo mixture and small rectangular bars of soap in small boxes with the other amenities. I tend to like soap at the sink but body wash liquid in the shower...

I'll try to dig out a picture from one of the pictorial reviews I did and edit this post with it if i can find one with both types...EDIT (found a pic showing both types available in room as of Jan. 2015):

large sink by BA_pics, on Flickr

From this thread on the DT Tower of London (you can see soap bar and liquid in both pictorial reviews in that thread for example)...

Last edited by BotB; May 10, 2015 at 4:37 pm Reason: adding pics
Old May 17, 2015, 3:40 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by fkaway
haha, nah, was properly removed (you can still see the old kiln furniture) and only soap bar from another brand (think the rest of the amenties as well).
Pls. let us know if you'll experience the same...
Hmm, seems like the DT Edinburgh is using a different brand as well...see the thread with pictures for more info.

Not sure if this is a DT wide move or just a few hotels...
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
PTR stuff is awful. Typical Chinese chemical plant garbage. Just washed my hands as an experiment. The residue stays on the skin....very slippery. I carry my own, but at $300+/night these hotels don't have to be so cheap.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 9, 2015 at 12:32 pm Reason: Removed attempted bypass of the profanity filter.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
This REALLY sucks. This was my favorite affordable shower gel to use. I loved the microbeads. I guess I need to order even more from Amazon while they still have it. Not out anything seeing it will never go bad.
Originally Posted by MS02113
I recently stayed at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago and found my guest bathroom stocked with both the usual, yellow Mega-Rich Body Wash (with microbeads) and an orange Mega-Rich Body Cleanser (sans beads, and with fewer "vitamins" claimed in the description).

Since I hadn't seen the latter offering before, I guessed that either:
  1. The orange body cleanser was an optional/premium amenity that most properties don't bother to supply, or
  2. Peter Thomas Roth is phasing out the old body wash due to environmentalists' growing criticism of microbeads, and the Palmer House was just clearing out its stock.

The environmentalists are right. Microbeads persist in the environment and are absolute poison for the marine environment. I'm not at all unhappy to see they're finally gone.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Rewards Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, Tesco Clubcard
New Bath Amenities

The standard 'orange sludge' shower gel in most Hiltons is awful. It's just 'glops' rather than spreads or lathers. Please Hilton replace it!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:09 am

Programs: HH D
Has there ever been an official statement from Hilton about the beads? Did they disappear because of the environment or because they were clogging up hotel sewage systems?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Has there ever been an official statement from Hilton about the beads? Did they disappear because of the environment or because they were clogging up hotel sewage systems?
Ptr hasn't had them on their site for a long time. I have found an Amazon seller that still has the old for,USA but once he runs out I'll be sol. I've never had a problem with the beads clogging my drains
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by CocktailLounge
The standard 'orange sludge' shower gel in most Hiltons is awful. It's just 'glops' rather than spreads or lathers. Please Hilton replace it!
^
Old Oct 11, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I agree regarding the PTR shower gel, but I think the change may have been made because those beads are being phase out in Europe. I recall reading something about how those fine granueles in scrubs were screwing up the post waste water cleaning process and ending up in regular drinking water (or something along those lines)
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
PTR hasn't had them on their site for a long time. I've never had a problem with the beads clogging my drains
As a service-message I would like to inform you MEGA-RICH BODY WASH SUPER-SIZE is still shown on the PTR website, $36 for a 32.0 fl oz (944 ml) bottle. Hilton to Home also has it, 12.60 for a 8.5 oz (250 ml) pack.

It's next to impossible to decipher the ingredients from a hotel size product, but the PTR website lists them as:
WATER/AQUA/EAU, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), GLYCERIN, PANTHENOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, CELLULOSE, HYDROXYPROPYL METHYLCELLULOSE, LACTOSE, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLOSE, MAGNESIUM NITRATE, SODIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE (CI 77289), IRON OXIDE (CI 77491), YELLOW 5 (CI 19140), YELLOW 6 (CI 15985).

Unless this declaration is false, there are no plastics like PET, PP or PE inside. So no plastic microbeads, these are chemical or natural beads and those are still fine for the environment.

Last edited by Sisosig; Oct 11, 2015 at 3:32 pm
Old Oct 11, 2015, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Sisosig
As a service-message I would like to inform you MEGA-RICH BODY WASH SUPER-SIZE is still shown on the PTR website, $36 for a 32.0 fl oz (944 ml) bottle. Hilton to Home also has it, 12.60 for a 8.5 oz (250 ml) pack.

It's next to impossible to decipher the ingredients from a hotel size product, but the PTR website lists them as:
WATER/AQUA/EAU, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), GLYCERIN, PANTHENOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, CELLULOSE, HYDROXYPROPYL METHYLCELLULOSE, LACTOSE, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLOSE, MAGNESIUM NITRATE, SODIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE (CI 77289), IRON OXIDE (CI 77491), YELLOW 5 (CI 19140), YELLOW 6 (CI 15985).

Unless this declaration is false, there are no plastics like PET, PP or PE inside. So no plastic microbeads, these are chemical or natural beads and those are still fine for the environment.
Thanks! They didn't have it on their site for a while. Good to see they are still making it. I hate the stuff Hilton replaced it with
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:25 am

Hello,

are Hilton hotels swichting from PTR products to Crabtree and Evelyn?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.