Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Bath Amenities

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:01 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Got them at the Hilton Arc De Triomphe yesterday, in a Junior suite, a big improvement . Love the new products!
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Anyone had seen the bodywash from the C&E citron line at DT ? So far been to 4 different DT, none of them had bodywash at all.
I don't remember seeing body wash at any DT property. The only Hilton property I have seen the body/shower wash at since the PTR line came out was the SF Hilton and I LOVE it (enough that I bought some from PTR). I love the beads in it and has a great smell.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: M+ 1K, HHonors Gold, PC Gold, SPG Gold
PTR products in Beijing Capital Airport Hilton

I just had a stay in the Hilton at Beijing Capital Airport in Oct. Noticed the PTR amenities were new at that property but had no idea it was such a big deal. I didn't notice anything different about them. Will have to pay a little more attention this month when I am back there again.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
Finding the PTR bodywash is pretty hit and miss for me. Seems in my experience that regular rooms don't have it. But rooms on the Executive Level/HH Level sometimes do. Love that body wash.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Just had the new PTR amenities at the Southampton Hilton UK but they must have just put them in starting Nov. as the week before they didn't have them.

Agree that body wash is quite nice, shampoo okay...soap...okay, not quite a nice french soap but better than some.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Anyone had seen the bodywash from the C&E citron line at DT ? So far been to 4 different DT, none of them had bodywash at all.
DoubleTree Rochester always used to provide the full collection of Neutrogena products: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bubble bath, body lotion, mouthwash, foaming face cleanser, and SPF15 face cream, plus the bath and facial soap bars.

Since the brand switched to Crabtree & Evelyn Citron products, the property has offered shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, mouthwash, and the two soap bars.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by wendySFO
Both properties provided small tubes and seems not full/not enough and watery for even one person to use for the supply of conditioning and body lotion.
One problem with these PTR amenities is that while Body Wash comes in transparent mini-bottles, Shampoo and Conditioner is in non-transparent tubes and you never know how much of them the tube contains. I don't think that any hotel staff might specially "re-use" half empty tubes but several times (including this morning) there was so little amount available in Conditioner tube that it was not enough even for my short hair. When you already are in shower cabin, it's somehow too late to call Housekeeping and ask for more Conditioner... I think that PTR should use transparent tubes so that everybody could see how much content is inside.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:49 pm

the PTR line of products can be purchased at Sephora.
Not sure about all the products, but my kiddos use the PTR skin products.
Pretty pricey but works great.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by shoreline
the PTR line of products can be purchased at Sephora.
Not sure about all the products, but my kiddos use the PTR skin products.
Pretty pricey but works great.
You can't buy the PTR body wash line used at Hilton yet at Sehora I have seen it on amazon and EBay though. Hopefully Sephora will start selling teh megawash line. I usually don't like shower gel/body wash, but they had it at the SF Hilton and I realy liked it, I love the smell and the texture. PTR has only recently started selling the mega wash brand used on hilton to the public.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I can't say we're fans of the PTR stuff (although that is purely personal preference rather than a slur on the product itself) and much prefer the old products. As my wife says, it just looks very masculine (in terms of the dark green packaging) and rather unappealing as a unisex product.

According to the staff at the Hilton Paddington last week, it hasn't been popular with guests over the past few months they have been using it and the UK hotels have been lobbying to change back, but haven't had much success yet to move away from what is expected to be a brand standard.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by RAPC
As my wife says, it just looks very masculine (in terms of the dark green packaging) and rather unappealing as a unisex product.
Funny, I've always thought just the opposite about the Crabtree & Evelyn "La Source" line being phased out. The powder blue and sweet scent always seemed a bit feminine to me.
I liked that line when Hilton 1st introduced it, but quickly grew tired of it. Much prefer the new PTR products.

Steve
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steve64
Funny, I've always thought just the opposite about the Crabtree & Evelyn "La Source" line being phased out. The powder blue and sweet scent always seemed a bit feminine to me.
I liked that line when Hilton 1st introduced it, but quickly grew tired of it. Much prefer the new PTR products.

Steve
+1 Like the PTR much better. I love the smell of the PTR shower gel and wish all properties would carry it.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: Several
One more vote for the PTR products. I like the scent and efficacy more than the previous line.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by steve64
Hmmmm, that's a good point. Actually, perhaps that says more about me as I never noticed.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 5:37 pm

Do you good people really select the hotel you are going to stay in based on the bath amenities?

Do you not travel with a quart sized bag of your own amenities?

Do you guys not ever just leave those bath amenities in place, leaving them for the next guest, knowing that in doing so, you are helping the environment????

Travel on friends, but do so lightly, with minimal impact on the trail you leave behind!

And no, I am not an environmental freak, just a guy trying to make less impact as I sojourn. Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.