Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Phony / false / not really Hilton and Hilton properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phony / false / not really Hilton and Hilton properties

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis First
Non-Points earning Hilton properities

Hi

Is there a current list for Hilton properties world wide that do not earn points for stays or is not part of the HHonors points earning program.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
My guess is that if it's listed on the official Hilton.com website it should qualify. I think a similar situation applies to the Marriott brand when only some Ritz Carlton hotels are owned by them.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, US Gold
I've stayed at the fontana hilton appalachian trail a few times. The beds are a little hard but it's free to spend the night and it has some great views.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Waldorf Towers in Miami Beach

Ocean and 8th. Not a towers hotel and Definetly not a hilton property.

I am surprised hotels aren't getting sued for using the Waldorf or Hilton brand if they aren't affliated with Hilton.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
I remember when it wasn't uncommon for hotels in the developing world to adopt the name of whatever establishment the travel guides had recommended. You would have a street with the The Jaipur Hilton, The Real Jaipur Hilton and The New Jaipur Hilton. None of which were actual Hiltons.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by omegadeal
There used to be a property on Central Expressway in Dallas that was a Hilton. Their franchise ended, but to save money they renamed the property the "Hiltop" so they would only have to change one letter on the name.
Kind of like the Las Vegas Hilton is now the Las Vegas Hotel!

In Cerritos, CA I saw that a former RAMADA Suites is now called the RAMONA Suites.

I also once saw a former DOLLAR TREE store that was called "DOLLAR GREEN"
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
In Cerritos, CA I saw that a former RAMADA Suites is now called the RAMONA Suites.

I live in Cerritos, CA. The hotel you're referring to is in nearby Artesia, CA.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
OT, but there is an award winning hotel in Cyprus brazenly using the Four Seasons name.

It's actually a really nice place and the service there is impecable, so it definitely lives up to the name. I visited it a couple of weeks ago and it was absolutely buzzing. All the other hotels on the strip were dead at the time as it's currently out of season for that resort, but this place was packed!

Apparently it all went to court a few years back and they won because their logo was different.

http://www.fourseasons.com.cy/
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:59 pm

I'm booked in here for my arrival night in Monrovia, before I head north. I hope my points post promptly.
RafKa likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
In London there is a Bilton Towers in the Marble Arch neighborhood, where the lettering on the building is similar in font/style to Hilton's. More than once it has caught my eye when passing and fooled me for a moment.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
I love the hotel's name - "Ben Lomond Hylton Motel Econo Lodge of Ben Lomond". I wonder if Pharris Hylton ever stays there?
yes she flew in on Cathay Paciiac 😆:-)
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:51 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Perhaps the Hilton Hotel in Hilton South Australia could sue Hilton given the name has been around since 1839
mattm199 and moa999 like this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
In London there is a Bilton Towers in the Marble Arch neighborhood, where the lettering on the building is similar in font/style to Hilton's. More than once it has caught my eye when passing and fooled me for a moment.
Not there anymore mate, currently a building site.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Not there anymore mate, currently a building site.
Good riddance, looked a bit like a council flat from the exterior. It has been a year or so since i was in the area, when i lived in London in 2012/13 my flat was on Portman Square and i would pass it each time coming to/fro Paddington. The last few trips i have stayed at the Conrad and not ventured over to that side of town.
wizla likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
My favourite is the "Hillbilly Hill ton" in Tennessee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.