Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
If you could see the river from your room, you got upgraded. I really like that view. Has to be one of the more serene NYC hotel views. Nice score on the cash + points redemption, too.
Good to hear that I got an upgrade at least! Here's the view from where we were.

Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FivePointPack
Good to hear that I got an upgrade at least! Here's the view from where we were.
Yes that is a Riverview Suite. Only a very small number of rooms have that view; most just look across the way at another building.

Here's the Statue of Liberty view:

Pretty amazing, huh!

The good news is it's a corner room, and the other windows look out on the river, as in the post above.

Battery Park City is so quiet, with the Riverview Suite, you can actually leave the window open at night when the weather is nice. Not many other NYC hotels where you can do that.

Last edited by Kacee; Dec 19, 2013 at 1:12 am
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Yes that is a Riverview Suite. Only a very small number of rooms have that view; most just look across the way at another building.

When I get home I will post a photo of the "Statue of Liberty View." Hint: Don't let them convince you to pay anything extra for that!
and kindly note that the sofa in the rooms with view does not convert into a bed.
Some months ago I was traveling with my family and they upgraded us to one of this rooms and we had to request to be moved to a "non-view room" with sofa bed.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Well, folks, this is a tough bunch! Just completed four nights there. We made the reservation right after the massive devaluation was announced so I got four night at the AXON rate of 145,000 points. Not very excited about the visit - we go to NYC every December and usually stay at Starwoods - either the Parker Meridien or, last year, the St Regis, always on points. This was a stay in an area far away from our usual haunts and in an area I knew nothing about - but I was determined to get rid of my Hilton points so what the hell.

As a Diamond, we were upgraded to a Luxury Suite. BTW, at check-out, a family with two young kids was checking in right before us and they were offered the stuffed animals. I guess it's routine for kids. With too many small grandkids, I decided one animal wouldn't do so I never even asked.

That said, we had an amazing stay. Loved the hotel and, much to my shock, loved the area. Suite was magnificent. View was only the street but suite was so great, I couldn't care less. Yes, there are hotels where top-level elites get better breakfasts (Andaz, for example) but Starwood only gives me Continental Breakfast as a Platinum elite and this was far better. One of the four days I ordered off the regular menu and the difference was so small that they simply waived the extra charge.

Yes, it's five minutes to the E train to Broadway - no big deal to us. One night there was absolutely an issue getting a cab but I had downloaded Uber on my phone before we went to the city and it came in very handy. More expensive but for a free stay, the extra $10 was fine and it is a valuable back-up to have when you need to be someone (and it is a very cool program to boot).

Some of what I have read here is very picky. The non-award cash rates are ridiculously low for a hotel of this quality. The suite was beautiful, the staff very helpful and friendly, not more we could have asked for. We look forward to returning. It's a great destination and I can only imagine that in the Spring/Summer, when the weather is beautiful, this area would be hard to beat.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by stevens397
The non-award cash rates are ridiculously low for a hotel of this quality.
Definitely not true. I paid over $500/night for a Superior Suite on my last stay. Sometimes this hotel is competitively priced, sometimes it's overpriced, occasionally it's a bargain (particularly on weekends, like many hotels in the financial district).
Old Dec 23, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Definitely not true. I paid over $500/night for a Superior Suite on my last stay. Sometimes this hotel is competitively priced, sometimes it's overpriced, occasionally it's a bargain (particularly on weekends, like many hotels in the financial district).
Agreed. I was looking to make a reservation at the Conrad late January. Practically every Hilton family hotel in Manhattan is sub-$200 but the Conrad is $349. (Although the Millenium is high too so maybe there's something going on int he WTC area)
Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
This statement is pretty on the mark and since the Conrad NY has become my go to hotel in NY I am pretty familiar with the price fluctuations of the hotel. As a general rule of thumb, Friday & Saturday rates are generally at a material discount to weekday rates (although you can often also get a good rate for Sunday night if you are doing a three day weekend). I have noticed that the "bargain" day weekend prices are higher than they used to be and I attribute that to an overall strengthening of NYC hotel prices but also as the hotel has gained traction in the market. I have recommended it to several friends and acquaintances who likely never would have stayed there due to its location and they all now love it.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Conrad NYC room question (sleep 5?)

Hi,

I need to stay in NYC with my wife & kids on a Sunday night.

The Conrad has a 1br suite with two doubles and a sofabed in the lounge.

I've emailed the hotel to no avail - does anyone know if they will allow 5 in this room (2 adults & 3 young kids?)

Thanks

Tony
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I wouldn't see why not- but just don't tell them if you are concerned. Usually the need for an extra bed is the giveaway but that is covered. If you are worried about check in have your wife stash the kids while you pickup the key.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I've stayed at Conrad New York several times and believe the standard suites are sufficiently spacious for two adults and three young children. Note that not all rooms have sofa beds, however, so be sure to call the hotel and request one after making your reservation. (Indeed, some rooms are furnished with a standard sofa without pull-out bed.)
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for that.

I didn't know if NYC hotels were particularly prickly over occupancy for fire codes or whatever.

I'll give the hotel a call on Monday.

Tony
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Thanks for that.

I didn't know if NYC hotels were particularly prickly over occupancy for fire codes or whatever.

I'll give the hotel a call on Monday.

Tony
I find European hotels are stricter with occupancy than their American counterparts. While American hotels might deny a roll-away bed in a tight room, I've never encountered any objection to a reasonable number of occupants.

If your three children are small enough to fit together on the queen-sized sofa bed, I would suggest a king room rather than two doubles. I think a double bed would be less than ideal for two adults.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MS02113
I find European hotels are stricter with occupancy than their American counterparts. While American hotels might deny a roll-away bed in a tight room, I've never encountered any objection to a reasonable number of occupants.

If your three children are small enough to fit together on the queen-sized sofa bed, I would suggest a king room rather than two doubles. I think a double bed would be less than ideal for two adults.
You forget, that's all we have in Europe!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, United Premier Exec
Not sure of kids' ages, but we've used cushions from the sofa for our youngest. Also, they do have some very large suites in one corner, usually at higher cost in dollars or points, that can very easily take five.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Conrad New York

Thinking of staying here (a toss up between this and the Doubletree) in November.

It's a bit of a splurge for me, and I'll be on my own. In a nutshell - is it worth it? I've read a few reviews and noticed the Gold breakfast offering is a bit of a joke, which I could overlook if it stood out considerably in other areas.

Thanks in advance...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.