Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Do you know if the parking is a garage or opened air?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Stayed here last night and a nice hotel from what I saw of it.

Apparently got upgraded from my Queen bed with chair booking to a 7th floor room with a balacony overlooking the street and part of the S-Bahn.
Free Wi-Fi and breakfast.
500 bonus point coupon in my welcome letter (had to spend €20 in the bar/restaurant area and add it onto your room).

Good location with Uhrenstrasse U1 line just down the road (takes you to Ku'damm, and Schlesisches Tor which has Burgermeister outside the station and the Magnet / Comet club a few 100m away if you want gigs) and 5 mins or so walk to the S/U-Bahn station at Zoo + airport buses.

Firm but comfortable bed, plenty of tv channels although 95% in German.

Kettle with coffee and tea sachets.

Wardrobe with usual iron and board plus removable coat hangers.

Toiletry wise, wall mounted shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand wash and something else.

Quiet enough area and not too much train noise or street noise from where I was.

Breakfast wise: coffees and teas; orange and apple juices; hot chocolate sachets; scrambled egg; boiled eggs; bacon; sausage balls; pancakes with syrup etc; bread for toasting and rolls, croissants, pastries; cold meats and cheeses; yogurts; muesli and other cereals etc

Polite and helpful front desk.

Elevators require key card to go up.

Gym in the basement apparently - didn't go that far down.

Only there the night so didn't get a full chance to try out everything.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I'm here tonight. I have no waffles but the €2.80 glass of Prosecco has made up for it.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RAPC
I'll bet they have added this after complaints from a vociferous guest or two.

We can all strike this property off the list for Berlin now. Boycott it until it gets a waffle maker.
I can confirm ... Finally our long national nightmare is over.

Last edited by Cymro; Aug 15, 2014 at 5:31 am
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...ing/index.html

Their website now notes that Hamptons outside the USA may not have waffles. Then directly below that, they have the picture of a waffle maker. Good work guys.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:18 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Well, this is weird. This thread was "empty", without a post, before this post. Never seen that before. Kiwi Flyer is apparently doing some thread cleaning or something.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
A true insiders´s tip

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Uhlandstr. 188-189 Berlin, DE 10623

A true insiders´s tip (0 Photo)

Introduction

This was a business stay with some colleagues, during an exhibition at a surgeons congress, from 19th to 21st of October (some of us staid till 23rd and 25th for prolongated weekend).

My second stay here. The facility has been built some years ago already but is like new. Super rooms for that category and price (upper midscale, rates EUR 93 to 109 that period of time, depending how far in advance booked. Cancellation period was 14 days maybe as I booked many rooms, normally it is 1 day in advance)). Rates are EUR 69 till 139 in Nov. Rooms spacy enough if you are out all day.

The location is super central in Berlin City West, famous "Paris Bar" some steps around the corner at Kantstrasse (you see the Waldorf Astoria from there), and 5-10 mins walk to Waldorf Astoria Berlin and KaDeWe shopping center.2 mins walk to Kudamm, which is parallel to Kantstrasse, Uhlandstrasse, where the hotel is located, is connecting both streets. 5 mins walk to e.g. Savignyplatz square, where you find many good and trendy restaurants with all kind of cuisine.

Parking

The parking facilitiy is for 15 cars only we were told, but there are many public 24h garages around, e.g. at Stilwerk shop - just crossing Kantstrasse, 10 Euros per day as far as I remember, or you park at the Uhlandstrasse, what I did, which is free from 10pm to 9am, and it is a safe area.

Check In

We all got upgrades to higher floor rooms on my Gold status and vouchers for a snack (sweet or salty) and drink (non alcoholic) at the bar.

Room

Comfortable queenbed. Seperate shower (no bath tube). Cleanliness German. Many TV channels. Comp. internet w-lan with good speed for Skype also. The city train (S-Bahn) beside the hotel is no problem, none of us was disturbed by it.

Service

The young front desk teamwas sympathic with slight Berlin touch (straight, precisly, friendly), helpful and professional at all. The breakfast team was quick and attentive.

Breakfast

Breakfast was described in the Flyertalk thread of this hotel earlier. Many hot and cold choices in a quality which made me nearly think to be in an upscale real Hilton.

Overall

My colleagues were positively surprised about the hotel (I knew it was a good choice), which is a little bit hidden between the main roads, and the central location, and the price. They, used to stay at hotels for business, did neither expect this good, nearly upscaleexperience (some were even spoilt as from Switzerland), nor heard about the Hampton brand before. I myself, three more stays away from being Diamond again after many years, look forward to more Hamptons in Germany, and my next stay at Hampton Frankfurt this week. I would rate it clearly over the Holiday Inn Express brand from the overall stay experience.

A true insiders´s tip

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Had a stay here on my last night of my honeymoon back in mid August. Super clean and new Hampton. Rooms and bathrooms were very small compared to American Hamptons and the bed was extremly hard. This Hampton actually had a full bar which was very nice. I'm sad to report breakfast was lacking a waffle maker. The breakfast selection was quite larger then most American Hampton breakfasts. The pancakes made up for the missing waffle maker.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by cop35758
I'm sad to report breakfast was lacking a waffle maker. The breakfast selection was quite larger then most American Hampton breakfasts. The pancakes made up for the missing waffle maker.
Hehe, I hope this joke keeps going forever.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 5:17 am

Hampton Hilton Berlin City West

I am trying to check in using the Honors app but it is only allowing me to choose an accessible room (Diamond member).

Has anyone stayed here before? Any recommendations for rooms? The app is allowing rooms on the fourth and fifth floor.

Thank you
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Here is the thread for the property:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...est-deu-6.html
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Completely unrelated but is this the same Hampton that a while back spawned one of the funniest threads I have read regarding "Does not serve waffle banner on its front page" or was it another one in Berlin?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Miesque
Completely unrelated but is this the same Hampton that a while back spawned one of the funniest threads I have read regarding "Does not serve waffle banner on its front page" or was it another one in Berlin?
Yes. Start reading at this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21376108-post31.html
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Be aware, they have updated the warning. It now says: "Please note that Hampton by Hilton hotels located outside of the USA may not offer a waffle station in the hotel."

However, I haven't seen such message for any other hotel except the Hilton Berlin City West.

Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:23 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I checked out this morning after a two night stay.
The room was clean and spacious enough, I had a standard Queen room. The bathroom was good with a large walk in shower. Very clean, nothing to complain about house keeping. The bed was firm but very comfy. As Gold I received a voucher for a free drink and snack from the cupboard beside the reception.
The breakfast was Ok, I found it somewhat cheap, not the best quality items. But they do have waffles. I now wish I took a picture as proof !

Location wise is great for West Berlin and very convenient for TXL. A good value for money in Berlin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.