Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Found five reviews on Booking.com Only one in English though

http://www.booking.com/hotel/de/hamp...y-west.en.html

Cheers
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So- has anyone stayed here yet- or is it in fact open?
Old Nov 27, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
More seriously, the location looks like it is an easy walk from the Bahnhof Zoo, where the express buses from Tegel stop (X9 and 109, if memory serves).
I just checked in coming from TXL and its even better. The 109 stops at the corner of UhlandStr and Ku'Dam and it is 1 block walk north on Uhlandstr to the hotel. So far, so good. Any other FTers in Berlin this weekend>
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Originally Posted by mot29
I just checked in coming from TXL and its even better. The 109 stops at the corner of UhlandStr and Ku'Dam and it is 1 block walk north on Uhlandstr to the hotel. So far, so good. Any other FTers in Berlin this weekend>
I am sorry to have missed you since I have been derelict in checking FT. I am leaving early tomorrow morning for TXL.

I must say I have been very impressed by this hotel. Definitely FAR above a typical Hampton in the States. I suppose that's why it is labeled Hampton by Hilton and not as a Hampton Inn. Breakfast has been great, my corner room on the 7th floor is excellent, the staff is extremely good and all around, I am highly satisfied with this stay, especially at the price I paid. I even canceled my reservations at the Ritz Carlton for a couple of nights as it could not possibly been worth the additional 130 Euros per night.

Cheers
Old Dec 10, 2010, 1:38 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I had a one night stay at this property in early December. It is, as expected, a brand new hotel, and is located in a small street, roughly between Zoological Garden and Savigny Platz S-Bahn stations:

- the room was very nice, except for the lack of a bathtub;
- breakfast was ok-ish, nothing special;
- staff was good and welcoming.

For a room rate of EUR 80, it was quite ok. I also had a two-night stay at the Hilton, at a room rate of EUR 135 per night, which I would personally rate as a better value, but that's just me. I also prefer the location of the Hilton.

Of course, the most pleasant part of the stay was the week-end at the IC, in a renovated Junior Suite and the excellent lounge for EUR 207 per night .
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:58 pm

Stayed at the Hampton by Hilton for three nights. It was a relatively pleasant stay. As mentioned the location is pretty good for business in West Berlin (unfortunately, I had to work in Friedrichshain for which the hotel location was not very convenient). Other than that, I was not terribly impressed. They acknowledged by Gold status and claimed that they had assigned a "very nice room on sixth floor" to me. The room was very modern and had a small two-seater sofa; it felt a bit like a good Ibis hotel.
Breakfast was a weak point: German hotel breakfasts tend to be quite nice, but this was an uninspired collection of industrial breakfast items; the design of the breakfast area gave the feeling that you're having your breakfast in the waiting area of a train station. The hotel staff were generally nice and helpful.

To sum up: it was not a bad stay, but there are much better hotels in Berlin for 89 EUR a night. And in fact, I have also stayed in nicer Hamptons (not in the US).
Old Sep 18, 2011, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by fptxenemit
Breakfast was a weak point: German hotel breakfasts tend to be quite nice, but this was an uninspired collection of industrial breakfast items; the design of the breakfast area gave the feeling that you're having your breakfast in the waiting area of a train station. The hotel staff were generally nice and helpful.
I wonder if things have changed. I was there over T'giving weekend shortly after opening and at that time the breakfast was one of the things that impressed me. They served the US Hampton type breakfast, but also a full assortment of what I'm used to at a moderately priced German hotel. Good cold cuts and cheeses, sausages, very good breads. Oh well.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:47 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Agree! Stayed here for two nights in May, and found the breakfast to be pretty nice, salty sausages, solid bread, etc, etc.

Paid 50-something EUR per night, and it was a great value! Did not receive any upgrade, as they were fully booked.

Only thing that annoyed me were the shortage of staff - always had to wait at the front desk, wait at the bar area, and so on...
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: Air France/KLM FB-GOLD, Ethiad Guests GOLD, HHonors DIAMOND, Lufthansa Miles&More
Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West

Looking for information from travellers who stayed in this Hampton property.
Will stay there from 29NOV - 02DEC and looking forward for any information.
Thanks to all of you in advance for your input.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Evert
Looking for information from travellers who stayed in this Hampton property.
Will stay there from 29NOV - 02DEC and looking forward for any information.
Thanks to all of you in advance for your input.
Its a nice, new modern property. Rooms are on the smaller side with shower and no bath.

The Gym was sparsely furnished and a bit hot. The staff are very friendly and the local neighbourhood has loads of place to eat and drink. The lobby has a great vibe.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
A few reports can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ht=berlin+west
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
We are flying from HEL to ORD; the AB flight from HEL-TXL gets in at 4:25 pm out to ORD at 10 am next day. I see this property is much cheaper (around 95 e) then than other 2 Hiltons (June trip), are there any issues getting to/from the airport for a 1 night stay? We would like to stay with Hilton but maybe it would be smarter to stay at an airport hotel, drop off our luggage then visit downtown?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its very easy you can take the X9 or 109 bus which I believe both stop at Savignyplatz or certainly close to the hotel. Hence, easy with luggage and most preferably to the airport options!
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I would suggest the Hampton by Hilton for overnight in Berlin. This Hampton is far beyond US Hampton Inn standards. Staff is most helpful (one of the best staff I encounter in hotels) and the location is convenient in the west center of Berlin. If you want to see the historic center (Stadtmitte), the underground line no. 2 is within walking distance (Zoologischer Garten). Furthermore I am not aware of any real airport hotel at Berlin Tegel. Enjoy your (unfortunately short) stay in Berlin!
Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:21 pm

If you are flying to TXL, this hotel is outstanding. About a 5 minute walk to the bus 109 stop and the Unlandstrasse terminus of the U1 subway line. The 109 is direct to TXL, not an express, but probably about 20 minutes and runs frequently.
From the hotel www site --
Public Transport

From Berlin Tegel (TXL) airport, use bus 109 torwards S+U Zoologischer Garten via Kurfürstendamm. Get off at U-Bahnhof (subway station) Uhlandstraße and cross Kurfürstendamm towards – you should have a BMW dealership on the right-hand-side. Walk down the street for approximately 200 meters – we are located right behind the bridge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.