Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by pilotchrisg
Stayed here last night. As a Diamond VIP they treated me and my family very well. We took the Bus 109 from TXL airport, and it was quick and easy to locate the property. The staff were friendly, and it was overall a great stay.
Yes, but how did you manage without waffles?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by djk7
Yes, but how did you manage without waffles?
Do you really expect a straight answer? Much more likely that he'll, er, equivocate.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
So when I checked in, I said that I would REALLY like some waffles for breakfast tomorrow morning.

After enjoying the somewhat baffled expression on the check-in agent's face, I asked what the story was behind the "announcement" on the official booking page.

They didn't know that this was there.

They explained that, about one week ago, an American lady invoked the 100 % guarantee Hampton has (if you are not satisfied, you pay nothing), because there was allegedly a waffle on one of the photos on the website. Since she could not get a waffle when she asked, she said she wasn't satisfied, and refused to pay.

Apparently the hotel management then contacted Hilton Corporate in Memphis...and that's how the announcement ended up on the global website...
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:40 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Football Fan
So when I checked in, I said that I would REALLY like some waffles for breakfast tomorrow morning.

After enjoying the somewhat baffled expression on the check-in agent's face, I asked what the story was behind the "announcement" on the official booking page.

They explained that, about one week ago, an American lady invoked the 100 % guarantee Hampton has (if you are not satisfied, you pay nothing), because there was allegedly a waffle on one of the photos on the website. Since she could not get a waffle when she asked, she said she wasn't satisfied, and refused to pay.

Apparently the hotel management then contacted Hilton Corporate in Memphis...and that's how the announcement ended up on the global website...
Amazing
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
By the way, it's also as a big alert on the hotel homepage, not only in the booking process . I only knew these alerts from wars, strikes, etc. before. Does not serve waffles - the horror!

Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:12 pm

You would think that they would've found some frozen waffles at the grocery store to hush her up.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
By the way, it's also as a big alert on the hotel homepage, not only in the booking process . I only knew these alerts from wars, strikes, etc. before. Does not serve waffles - the horror!

OMG - That is all so hilarious I am in almost in tears I am laughing so hard. I did a google for the hotel name and that is the page that shows up - ROFL
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

I wonder how many points she got?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
I wonder how many points she got?
dunno about that, but i'd give her 10 out of 10 for entertainment value!!!

Last edited by wizla; Sep 8, 2013 at 7:19 am Reason: spelling mistake
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:54 pm

Thumbs up Hilarious

This is almost too good to be true...
Old Sep 7, 2013, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Oh no, Mr. Bill

Seeking a 12-step program now for this now.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Precisely the reason I moved my business to Marriott.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 5:20 am

In other news... the Hilton Warwick (UK) has removed their waffle machine at some point in the last 6 months. Unfortunately, they don't have a photo of it on their website, so no need to an announcement.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak

And this IS how stereotypes get built up. Pretty pathetic on part of this lady...
Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:14 pm

I think there might indeed be a waffle on the guy's plate behind the bacon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.