Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Football Fan
So when I checked in, I said that I would REALLY like some waffles for breakfast tomorrow morning.

After enjoying the somewhat baffled expression on the check-in agent's face, I asked what the story was behind the "announcement" on the official booking page.

They didn't know that this was there.

They explained that, about one week ago, an American lady invoked the 100 % guarantee Hampton has (if you are not satisfied, you pay nothing), because there was allegedly a waffle on one of the photos on the website. Since she could not get a waffle when she asked, she said she wasn't satisfied, and refused to pay.

Apparently the hotel management then contacted Hilton Corporate in Memphis...and that's how the announcement ended up on the global website...
Wow, this is absolutely great!

Thanks for the laugh and thanks Football Fan for posting this so the mystery behind the notice was solved pretty quickly and didn't keep us all wondering.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
I'd love to share this thread with all my friends. But FTers are the only bunch I know who'd truly appreciate it.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Don't rush to send your business to Marriott. Fairfield Inn, St John's, Newfoundland does not have waffles either!! Oh, woe...
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2
I'd love to share this thread with all my friends. But FTers are the only bunch I know who'd truly appreciate it.
While this is a funny thread, Starwood's 'Naked Guy' has this one beat. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...vancouver.html

Post #68 by Barnaby100 is a must-read.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
While this is a funny thread, Starwood's 'Naked Guy' has this one beat. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...vancouver.html

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by iflyjetz

I prefer the subtler humor of this thread. Anyone can make jokes out of a naked guy in a hotel room; but to get a belly laugh out of waffles . . . that's special
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Ah ha - I bet the picture at the bottom of this page is the real culprit :-)

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...ing/index.html
Old Sep 19, 2013, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisny2
Ah ha - I bet the picture at the bottom of this page is the real culprit :-)

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...ing/index.html
The woman should have known that that picture wasn't how the hotel really was. When has a Hampton Inn ever had an employee help guests remove the cooked waffles from the iron?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by amanuensis
The woman should have known that that picture wasn't how the hotel really was. When has a Hampton Inn ever had an employee help guests remove the cooked waffles from the iron?
Does that mean one can invoke the Satisfaction Guarantee as well if there actualle ARE waffles available but no staff to handle the waffle iron !? @:-)
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Originally Posted by amanuensis
Does that mean one can invoke the Satisfaction Guarantee as well if there actualle ARE waffles available but no staff to handle the waffle iron !? @:-)
You should try!
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:38 am

The Hilton Garden Inns have waffles.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I was just in Berlin and the waffles sucked. If you want waffles, go to Belgium.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:35 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I am going to book a room at this hotel.
The room is: 1 QUEEN BED W/CHAIR NONSMOKING and in the details I see, among others:

For your Convenience

Braille room numbers
Complimentary Hot Breakfast
Hairdryer
High Speed Internet-No Charge
Iron/Ironing Board
Lap Desk

So I suppose intercontinental breakfast is included, right?

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2013, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The warning appears to be gne. I'm disappointed.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quick! Someone needs to go and see if the hotel now serves waffles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.