Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

"Thank you for your stay on ... "

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:50 pm
Zip
Original Poster

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold

We all receive these e-mails from Hilton after a stay, I think. I know any response goes to “someone” who works for Hilton, and they then forward any comments, positive or negative, onward to the hotel. Then one may or may not receive a response.

In my last group of stays, I had a disappointing Hilton stay (no upgrade, even though hotel was lightly-booked, among several other issues; and yes, they did have upgradable rooms available). And for my first time this year (out of 17 stays), I did NOT get the “Thank you for …” message.”

But who is it the originally generates the first e-mail to us? Does the hotel have to start the process by forwarding some information to Hilton, or does Hilton do this automatically? If one has a negative stay, can the hotel suppress the thank-you e-mail??
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:03 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Datapoint: In two stays this year, I filled out the comments in being pretty disappointed in certain aspects of the stay.

Had phones calls from the hotel's management in each case within 24 hours of submitting the survey -- OR simply replying to the "Thank you for your stay" email and copying the hotel directly along with the Diamond email address (I also use an electronic fax service, so I usually simply copy it to the hotel's fax number).

In one case, the manager gave me 15K HHonors points, and in the other (a reward stay at an HGI) the manager said a new free-night certificate would be on the way.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by Zip
We all receive these e-mails from Hilton after a stay, I think.
Er, I don't. What are they?

Are these surveys? I got one a few years back and filled it in. I was suprised to get a response a few days later. I haven't seen a survey in years now.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Snap, same here. A North American thing perhaps?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:15 pm
Zip
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoldCircle

Are these surveys? I got one a few years back and filled it in. I was suprised to get a response a few days later. I haven't seen a survey in years now.
Here is a copy of half of the note from HHonors. Specific stay details would follow:

Thank you for choosing *** for your recent trip to Stow. As a Hilton HHonors® Diamond VIP, you are very important to us, and we want to make all your stays with us as comfortable and rewarding as possible.

We value your business and confidence in us and invite you to contact us with any questions or comments about your Hilton Worldwide hotel stay. You may also call Hilton Reservations and Customer Care in the U.S. and Canada at 1-877-4HHW-VIP (444-9847).

The following is a summary of your stay information including any potential HHonors earnings.

I believe that similar e-mails also go out to Golds. I often respond directly from the e-mail.

Last edited by Zip; Jun 22, 2010 at 5:27 am Reason: Property entered was NOT the one in question; choose a nearby hotel only as an example.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:28 pm

I am a Diamond and I get one after each stay. Every time I had an issue and I addressed it via the email response, the GM of the property in question contacted me within 48 hours. As a result, on each subsequent stay, I end up getting a room upgrade and extra little touches in the room - my favorite beer on ice, or an extra bottle of water, etc. I have been a Diamond for 3 years now, and I have used the complaint recourse only 4 times.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by docr775
I am a Diamond and I get one after each stay. Every time I had an issue and I addressed it via the email response, the GM of the property in question contacted me within 48 hours. As a result, on each subsequent stay, I end up getting a room upgrade and extra little touches in the room - my favorite beer on ice, or an extra bottle of water, etc. I have been a Diamond for 3 years now, and I have used the complaint recourse only 4 times.
I try to fill out the surveys as often as I have time for doing so. I always try to be balanced in my comments and don't hesitate to tell the hotel what I liked and what I didn't like. My reasoning: I am usually a repeat visitor returing the same properties 3-4 times per year. I want my next experience to be better.

I have had a similar positive experience from "complaining" by responding the the survey. One time I commented that I didn't like the desk chair in my room. It was more like a dining room chair and I preferred an office chair (tilt, swivel, all that stuff). Within two days, I received a personal email from the hotel, asking me to let them know prior to my next stay and an office chair would be arranged. I've now been back 4 or 5 times to the same property, and after a sending a warning email, a perfect office chair magically appears in my room for each stay. And once I hit Diamond, a fruit plate and bottle of wine would accompany the chair.

I have met the young manager in person a few times now, and on my most recent visit I solved the mystery as to the source of the chair. It turns out she was loaning me her own office chair every time I visited! I have never even considered trying another hotel in this particular city. ^^^
--
13F
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Strange... I've never gotten one of these surveys after a stay, whether Diamond, Gold, or Silver. On the other hand, I get a survey from Starwood after every stay.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
here is the web site to post a compliment or complaint.. u need to log in with hhonors # and pin

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/webcase/PostStayCase.aspx
Old Jun 22, 2010, 5:36 am
Zip
Original Poster

I am a Diamond and I get one after each stay. Every time I had an issue and I addressed it via the email response, the GM of the property in question contacted me within 48 hours. As a result, on each subsequent stay, I end up getting a room upgrade and extra little touches in the room - ....
Also, I've submitted some very positive comments when deserved. After praising the staff at the Wilmington DE Doubletree, on my next visit, we were treated even better! So it works (sometimes) both ways.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Zip
Also, I've submitted some very positive comments when deserved. After praising the staff at the Wilmington DE Doubletree, on my next visit, we were treated even better! So it works (sometimes) both ways.
Usually I send an e-mail to the manager praising the good service. The contact info is provided on the "Welcome" letter I find in my room.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I just spent twenty minutes filling out surveys last night. I find it very useful to the property to get feedback from frequent travelers as long as it is not whining...
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
Snap, same here. A North American thing perhaps?
Not only a North American thing, I have got them after all my 5 stays the last two weeks. All those stays where in the US however.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Datapoint: In two stays this year, I filled out the comments in being pretty disappointed in certain aspects of the stay.

Had phones calls from the hotel's management in each case within 24 hours of submitting the survey -- OR simply replying to the "Thank you for your stay" email and copying the hotel directly along with the Diamond email address (I also use an electronic fax service, so I usually simply copy it to the hotel's fax number).

In one case, the manager gave me 15K HHonors points, and in the other (a reward stay at an HGI) the manager said a new free-night certificate would be on the way.

cblaisd,

I stayed at the Hilton Orange County last summed and had a horrible night with hot temp outside and a broken A/C. Was told sold out and could switch rooms.

I spoke with (who I thought was the manager) and she mentioned that "Hilton no longer give out points for problem stays" and she gave me a free night certificate for that specific hotel.

Is this a true statement about no longer giving out points?

THX
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I utilized the contact information contained in this email for the first time yesterday for a recent stay (problems with AC and maid slamming doors even after being asked to stop). GM replied the next morning, apologized, and offered 5,000 HH points. Well executed on their end. ^

I am a Diamond and I get one after each stay. Every time I had an issue and I addressed it via the email response, the GM of the property in question contacted me within 48 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.